Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!!

Posted by: moonaust

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/13/06 05:55 PM

I did it, it looks awesome, here is the site.......

http://moonaust.googlepages.com/keyboardpainted
Posted by: krusher117

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/13/06 08:57 PM

does it create a bumpy feeling on the keys?
Posted by: krusher117

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/13/06 08:58 PM

oh forgot to say....it looks sweet
Posted by: macDeviant

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/13/06 10:31 PM

that's a damn sweet mod now... i like the paint and that key board is awesome.
Posted by: anil8tor

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/14/06 04:35 AM

Cool! Very Cool...

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/14/06 06:02 AM

No, the paint is the kind that bonds to plastic, so it is no different feeling than without the paint.
Posted by: AmyO

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/15/06 07:13 PM

That's a great idea! I saw the blue "ghost" keyboard on a mod over at Applefritter, but sadly those keyboards aren't available anymore. This is a great alternative, especially since the kids now have my Pismo and need to be able to read the keys!

A couple of questions though, I'm new to this whole cosmetic mod thing, so I wondered just what you did to the keyboard to prep it for painting. Obviously, it was taken out of the Pismo, but did you spray it with all the keys on? How did you get such an even looking coat and cover all the sides of the keys like that? I'm thinking of adding some purple accents to my Pismo to spiff it up a bit and changing the color of the keyboard would be a nice touch.

Thanks and nice work on your Pismo paint job.

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/16/06 05:22 AM

I prepped by cleaning with concentrated goo gone, and just sprayed in even passed about 20 inches away, so the fallout of the paint was alot less thick. Like I said about the body, the paint is transparent, but because the keys are thicker on the sides, it looks like the side have more paint on them, but that credit has to go to apple for the way the translucent keyboard was designed. Use the Pectra metallic or Pearl paint, because that is the paint that it transparent. They more coats you put on, the bolder the color gets. There regular paint will probably cover the letters on the keyboard completely.
Posted by: AmyO

Lombard Keyboard Painted !!!! - 07/16/06 09:31 AM

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. That helps clear things up. Yet another idea to add to the list. smile