Nothing new, but I painted my Lombard

Posted by: moonaust

Nothing new, but I painted my Lombard - 07/13/06 05:18 AM

All the details are here, very subtle but it is what I wanted

http://moonaust.googlepages.com/lombardpainting

Doing keyboard next....... - 07/13/06 06:11 AM

I think I am going to put a coat on the keyboard next, I ike the way the power button looks with just one coat....
Posted by: macDeviant

Nothing new, but I painted my Lombard - 07/13/06 09:17 AM

i like the look. that RC paint is tough stuff too.. i was thinking of using it when i paint my aluminum powerbook.

Very nice work.

macDeviant
Posted by: whitlock

Nothing new, but I painted my Lombard - 07/13/06 11:16 AM

Very nice! Are you going to put up a mod guide or anything?

no mod guide for this - 07/13/06 12:29 PM

I just figured everyone has put out painting mod guides, so I will just show the finished work. As always, the masking was the most important step. I used Pectra trim tape that allows you to curve around the laptop. It was about $3.00 for 20 feet, but it saved alot of time by not having to tear little masking tape pieces to fit around the curves. I also cleaned the whole body with concentrated goo gone before I painted, I usually use it to refinish the rubber parts, but it cleans the plastic good too. The screws I painted just to accent the color a little, without making it look cheap. I'm sure the rubber feet had a purpose, but this laptop is just for internet at this point, so if it gets trashed I just have an excuse to buy a new one.
Posted by: spang

Nothing new, but I painted my Lombard - 07/13/06 03:43 PM

Just one question... does the apple glow blue? That'd be really cool if it did.

Nothing new, but I painted my Lombard - 07/13/06 06:00 PM

Yes, the photo in the upper left hand corner was with no flash, and blue logo shines pretty nice.....