ti keyboard?

Posted by: skakillers

ti keyboard? - 02/16/06 05:19 PM

i was just wondering, the titanium keyboards look really similar to G3 ibook dual usb keyboards, and are the two interchangeable?

ti keyboard? - 02/16/06 05:34 PM

yeah
an ibook painted black with a titanium keyboard would be rad
Posted by: JediJoker7169

ti keyboard? - 02/16/06 07:15 PM

Would it work in an iBook G4?

ti keyboard? - 02/16/06 10:56 PM

The layouts are identical, but perhaps the connectors are different.
Posted by: oojacoboo

ti keyboard? - 02/17/06 12:17 AM

someone check and find out. That would be a nice swap with a painted black ibook for sure.
Posted by: mordaskyt

ti keyboard? - 02/17/06 04:44 AM

Here is the answer: the EARLY Ti, 400 & 500 for sure, maybe 550 not sure, will fit any white iBook. The connector is the same. However the tabs to hold it in place are not. These can be "adjusted" to work, the second problem is the cable itself. It routs differently on the Ti so it kind of folds wierd on the iBook, causing the keyboard to bow up slightly. I had one in my dual usb and then my G4 for a while and it looks real cool. There is a major problem with this. The bowed keyboard causes the lid of the laptop to depress keys when it is closed, So rather than sleeping it will continually spin up and down, eventually causing it to overheat. My suggestion is to do a key swap, pull the Ti keys off and replace your iBooks keys with them. Safer and looks just as good.

http://www.macmod.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43&stc=1&d=1140180271
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

ti keyboard? - 02/17/06 11:31 AM

Pretty sure not all white iBooks have the same keyboard connectors. I have tried and failed to swap them before.
Posted by: mordaskyt

ti keyboard? - 02/17/06 11:40 AM

I didn't realize some were different, I moved my black keyboard from my dual usb 500mhz g3 to my ibook G4 1.2 ok. But i never tried any models in between. I think the best bet is swapping the keys...

ti keyboard? - 02/17/06 01:08 PM

that ibook looks awesome with the black keys.
Posted by: oojacoboo

ti keyboard? - 02/18/06 10:15 AM

yea, that book looks nice wink

ti keyboard? - 02/20/06 11:35 PM

If you wanted a completely black iBook G4, you could send it into ColorWare and have it painted Jet Black, figure out how to color the trackpad, replace the keyboard, and hell, why not color your Apple while you're at it? It would look great in Red, Black, or Classic Apple. And by that same token, the guy with the white TiBook could replace his keyboard with an iBook G4's. Then, of course, both would still have to deal with the cable routing problem... :rolleyes:
Posted by: Tayklor

keyboard - 07/10/06 10:19 AM

take the keys and swap them; ibook "A" to powerbook "A" and use the same board,
but with new keys!:shade: