14\' G4 iBook mods

Posted by: cincyaaron

14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/28/05 02:18 PM

I just recently invested in on a brand new 14' g4 ibook. I have been thinking on wether to do external mods on it or not. I was just planning on changing the outside panel colors, by applying an image or painting. Could anyone possibly help me out with this?

thanks for your time.

e-mail: straightxon@gmail.com
aim: aaronxcicada
Posted by: maestro

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/28/05 03:00 PM

Well, you need to decide what you want to do for yourself. I would love to see a combonation of both. Just dont forget to send in a mod guide. Look for take a part guides on the "web links" section of this site, they are free and extremely helpful. Have fun with it!

-maestro
Posted by: burtman

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/28/05 03:03 PM

My next major ibook mod is going to be some water and a cloth to try and get rid of the filthy marks all over it from a years worth of being slung into my back every day!

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/28/05 03:27 PM

I heard somewhere that you can use one of those Magic Erasers (like for the bathroom) to clean it up and get rid of marks. As I always say though, be careful and test it on the bottom first.

-maestro
Posted by: cincyaaron

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/28/05 07:43 PM

Also, could someone please refrence me to some good widgets showing system performance such as cpu monitors, etc.:lol:
Posted by: krusher117

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/28/05 07:59 PM

Welcome to MacMod Whodey!

Visit Apples site and do a search for TEMPERATURE

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/28/05 08:18 PM

Widgets are great, but Temp Monitor is better if you like to constantly watch temps like some of us fanatics do. There are some awesome widgets at Apple, which I use that tell you all you need to know about your system. Take a look.
-maestro
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/29/05 08:42 AM

WHODEY9 wrote:
Quote:
Also, could someone please refrence me to some good widgets showing system performance such as cpu monitors, etc.:lol:

When I'm not using Temperature Monitor, I use ministat2. Look for it at http://www.shockwidgets.com

Welcome to MacMod!

Post edited by: shadowboxer47, at: 2005/12/29 16:48
Posted by: krusher117

Re:14\' G4 iBook mods - 12/29/05 08:49 AM

i use temp monitor too. I love it.
Posted by: Jirachi127

Re: 14' G4 iBook mods - 07/19/07 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: "milogoestocollege19 "

I just recently invested in on a brand new 14' g4 ibook. I have been thinking on wether to do external mods on it or not. I was just planning on changing the outside panel colors, by applying an image or painting. Could anyone possibly help me out with this?

thanks for your time.

e-mail: straightxon@gmail.com
aim: aaronxcicada

I just did this this morning with my 14' iBook:

If you want the template, tell me~