Got tired of my old case idea and made a new idea

Posted by: TCPMeta

Got tired of my old case idea and made a new idea - 11/06/05 10:43 AM

Well i've been searching for a old stereo to gut and use as a case for my B&W. Well I can't wait and my mod itch won;t go away so i'm going to build a case out of plexi glass. I have so many ideas for it too. With this idea I can finaly wire up my PS1 LCD screen and also fit in a water cooling kit. I can even build the water tank into the case or have a two pain and have water suround the case and have a neat water tint. I don;t know right now, im going ahead of my self but it will be made out of plexi glass.
Posted by: JediJoker7169

Re:Got tired of my old case idea and made a new idea - 11/06/05 01:36 PM

I hope plexiglass will look good in your stereo system, because it sure wouldn't look good in mine. We've got all silver and black SONY components (including an original TiVo box :evil: ) and a clear, glowing case would contrast unpleasantly. I'm anxious to see a design, though. My dad's Sawtooth G4 will probably eventually become a media server, and any kind of moneysaving alternative to putting it in an expensive HTPC case is quite welcome.

Post edited by: JediJoker7169, at: 2005/11/06 21:37
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:Got tired of my old case idea and made a new id - 11/06/05 08:27 PM

My entertainment center is also black and silver but im going to build the case big enough to be like a table and have the projector sit on top. Ofcorse there will be lighting but real dim lighting to just show off the water.