Screenless TiBook as a music server

Posted by: nickb42

Screenless TiBook as a music server - 09/26/05 08:49 AM

I have an old Ti Powerbook from which I removed the old, dodgy screen and now I want to use it store all my music on and keep it near the stereo so I can play my music from it. I've got Bluetooth installed so I can control it with Salling Clikcer and I installed OSX VNC on it and Chicken of the VNC on my other Powerbook so that I can controlled it if need be. However, my biggest problem at this stage is coming up with an idea for a new, stylish case to put either the Ti book still in its case or just its innards into since the original case is pretty beat up. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

PS. I'm from Australia so its not necessarily as easy to get the same stuff you guys have in the States in terms of old Macs and the like.

Cheers, Nick
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:Screenless TiBook as a music server - 09/26/05 09:53 AM

Maestro has a pretty good mod that may give you some ideas. I know you said you are limited in old computers, but I'm sure you could find something on ebay.

Personally, I would find some old 80ish stereo equipment and integrate it with the power book.
Posted by: maestro

Re:Screenless TiBook as a music server - 09/26/05 09:58 AM

You know, thats a great idea. Some old lame 8 track or radio tuner would be cool. You could also craft your own case from aluminum, plexi, steel, etc.
-maestro
Posted by: mordaskyt

Re:Screenless TiBook as a music server - 09/26/05 10:06 AM

Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-HEATHKIT-STE...1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:Screenless TiBook as a music server - 09/26/05 10:12 AM

Ok, I built a media center PC in an old Vhs Vcr box, I thought it looked great. Sorry I didn't take pics. frown
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:Screenless TiBook as a music server - 09/26/05 11:02 AM

anil8tor wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I built a media center PC in an old Vhs Vcr box, I thought it looked great. Sorry I didn't take pics. frown

Curse you anil8tor! When will you be of some use to us?!

:silly: laugh wink