Broken Ibook

Posted by: Meg_dup1

Broken Ibook - 04/06/05 01:55 PM

My ibook has met its death, all that is left working is the display, and the extreme card. can I use that stuff for anything but another computer?? There has got to be some way to use the display.
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/06/05 02:59 PM

Hey Welcome to Macmod,
Well first off which iBook, you said extereme card so I am assuming G4, at any rate people have done many intresting mods with iBooks, ranging from digital Picture frames to sound-making pads. I would start by looking through the mods MacMod modders have done and then possibly use your own unique talents to creat a mod all of your own! (do I sound like a kindergarten teacher, sry.) Anyway if you want some ideas tell us what you can do.

-Knife

Hmm ato removes links now... you can find it under "Mod Guides/External mods/iBook Mods"

Post edited by: KnifeLord, at: 2005/04/06 22:01
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/06/05 03:05 PM

check ebay for a new mobo for the ibook. If the logic board is shot then that's about your only option. The display uses a special controller so you couldn't just mod it up as a VGA monitor or use it on another computer. If it comes down to it, it might even be better to sell that display on ebay as parts. :ermm:
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/06/05 03:09 PM

Meg,
This is a G4 right? Or is it an older model?

-Knife
Posted by: dead13

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/06/05 03:18 PM

i'll buy the case and inner frame from you if you wanna sell
Posted by: burtman

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/07/05 10:15 AM

Trying not to sound to much like a vulture circling the dead carcass of your old book, but if it is a G4 you don't have a bluetooth module that you would like to sell to a good home do you?
Posted by: maestro

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/07/05 12:52 PM

Sell the parts. They are worth alot more than the computer anyway. Use the money to
buy a new one. How did you iBook die? If it is a G4, it seems alittle young. Maybe these
books are experiencing the same issues as the prev. G3 iBook? Anyway, go to some Mac
parts places to see how to break up yours for sale.
-maestro
Posted by: Matt

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/07/05 01:39 PM

You coul donate the iBook to me so I can being my modding adventures?
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Broken Ibook - 04/07/05 01:42 PM

Always post it up in the Trading Warehouse here!