Color Film for PB 12"

Posted by: amkrisis

Color Film for PB 12" - 03/05/05 11:49 PM

Yes, i have the dreaded black dots on my pb due to the acids from my sweat etc ...

So i was looking for some sort of protection, and i heard that a film is pretty effective.

I was thinking of changing the color while i'm at it.

So for i found PowerDesign who make the Body Masks, are they any good? What are other good alternative (companys/products)

Painting is not an option because i don't want to loose my waranty ...

Does someone have a picture of a black powerbook g4? so i could see what it would look like etc ...

thanks in advance!

Cheers

Benny
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Color Film for PB 12" - 03/06/05 07:18 AM

Benny, I think that there is something out there for that specific reason. It is an adhesive pad that is placed where your palms rest. It is a slightly darker grey than the titanium and actually looks quite nice.

As far as the painting is concerned, I am pretty sure that doesn't void your warranty. Also, I can't say that I have seen a black powerbook, but I would love to. If you proceed with the mod be sure to take plenty of pics and document your work so that others can see.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Color Film for PB 12" - 03/06/05 07:32 AM

Now, before you spend your hard earned cash, have you tried using a pencil eraser to remove the black stuff from your wrist pad area?

Re:Color Film for PB 12" - 03/07/05 05:02 AM

it's a chemical reaction from the acids that come in the sweat of my palms, so i guess you cant just 'erase' it with an eraser? or can you?

Re:Color Film for PB 12 - 03/07/05 05:03 AM

oojacoboo wrote:
Quote:
Benny, I think that there is something out there for that specific reason. It is an adhesive pad that is placed where your palms rest. It is a slightly darker grey than the titanium and actually looks quite nice.

link me please?
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Color Film for PB 12 - 03/07/05 07:51 PM

well here is one mod I believe.

http://www.conf.co.jp/new_folder/gallery/gza.html

Still looking for that other site...

Well, I can't seem to located it. I will keep my eyes open though for sure. They were soo cool looking. Anyway, I found this polish as well. It is suppose to help alleviate the problem.

http://www.flitz-polish.com/

I am told that it doesn't completely repair the look, but it does a pretty good job. :huh: