ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod

Posted by: krzegyrl

ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod - 09/12/04 07:16 PM

Would someone here be kind enough to tell me where to get the supplies to make my Tangerine Clamshell Ibook Translucent and Tangerine? Then maybe help me out a little after i get the supplies? I would greatly appreciate the help and kindness. and if anyone would fancy a chat my AIM name is krze and my YAHOO id is krzegyrl. My email is krzegyrl@hotmail.com. get in touch or contact about the Clamshell mod. I really want this. you know? Thanks smile

below is a attachment of a picture of the kind of mod i want done to my ibook

Post edited by: krzegyrl, at: 2004/09/13 02:25

Post edited by: krzegyrl, at: 2004/09/13 06:56

Re:ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod - 09/12/04 11:54 PM

anyone want to do the mod for me? i will pay you. let me know.
Posted by: krusher117

Re:ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod - 09/13/04 12:02 AM

You have a tangerine which means you have a chance of doing a trans mod to it. For anyone else considering this mod for their older ibooks, if you have a graphite, indigo, or key lime model you absolutely can not make them translucent because the white coloring is actually part of the plastic. The ibook (dual USB ) is moddable to translucent (very popular mod), but in the same way, iBook G4s have white plastic rather than clear plastic painted white.

So back to your ibook krzegyrl......I used to own a BB one, but am having a hard time remembering. Is the plastic already translucent? It has a grey/silver look, but is that just the shielding on the back of the LCD screen?

Post edited by: krusher117, at: 2004/09/13 07:02

Re:ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod - 09/13/04 12:26 AM

so would i be scraping the paint? or using some sort of remover or is there paper under therE? this sounds dangerous.. to me.. llol would i mess it up? would anyone here have done it a few times and would like to do it for me? id pay them... hmm? i really dont wana take it apart myself.. would i break it?
and btw why wont my photos show of the mac thats clear!!?

Post edited by: krzegyrl, at: 2004/09/13 07:28

Post edited by: krzegyrl, at: 2004/09/13 07:31
Posted by: krusher117

Re:ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod - 09/13/04 01:19 AM

if the plastic is painted below, you can remove it using 95% or greater isopropyl alcohol very easily. If you want to attach a pic, you can do so by uploading and then pasting the img info from the popup window. You can only up 1 pic per post
Posted by: whitlock

Re:ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod - 09/13/04 02:44 AM

Notes for if your iBook is clear, which I am 90% positive it is::

If you have difficulty finding 95% or so isopropyl alcohol, your best bet is to visit the pharmacy, as opposed to other sources. Watch what you are buying, because most of the stuff out there is 70%. Too little isopropyl alcohol content and that's a lot more scrubbing than needed. It will work, but as well as a sponge in crude oil. As for something to remove paint with, paper towels work okay, though a soft cloth may be better, it's your choice.

Why I edited:
I phrased part of it in such a way as to confuse the reader. My appologies.

Post edited by: whitlock, at: 2004/09/13 09:53
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:ClamShell Tangerine and Translucent Mod - 09/13/04 03:06 AM

the reason that your images are not posting is because they are of a funny format. You need to make sure that they are of an acceptable web format, ie. jpg, gif, or png. wink