What mod impresses you most?

Posted by: krusher117

What mod impresses you most? - 06/03/04 04:00 PM

List the mod and its address or description of it

Post edited by: krusher117, at: 2004/06/03 19:06
Posted by: krusher117

Re:What mod impresses you most? - 06/03/04 04:05 PM

Ode to Clarus iBook & Skeleton Mods

The Clarus iBook mod and Skeleton iBook mods coaxed Jacob and I to tear his iBook apart and create the first Macmod laptop. Over the course of the day, the iBook was torn down, paint was dissovled on the top and bottom panels, and a logo was measured and printed. By the end of the day, his iBook was painted dark blue and featured a glowing MacMod logo in the Apple.

Here it is in all its glory B)

picture taken August 2001

Post edited by: krusher117, at: 2004/06/03 19:06

Post edited by: oojacoboo, at: 2004/06/03 19:41
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:What mod impresses you most? - 06/03/04 04:43 PM

cheers mate, it was a great mod indeed. Wish I still had that book around, ahhh the memories...

laugh
Posted by: mherrman

Re:What mod impresses you most? - 06/04/04 06:29 PM

I don't own a PB yet, just a DP g4, so for now its all dreaming, but someday....

...would be cool if you could remove the color off of a PB case so it would be translucent like the airport mod. Now, that would be wild. But, its metal, so Im sure that would require someone to remold the parts in plastic and if they did, it would probably melt. Nothing like removing a heatsink off of a nice hot laptop.

Keep up the good work guys!

Mherrman
Posted by: scottk

Re:What mod impresses you most? - 06/05/04 05:43 PM

Yes. I agree. This would rock. One of the greatest mods I saw -- and I can't find the address -- was making the white glowing apple on the lid rainbow. it wasn't like the old logo, but the white chaged colors. I have a mouse pad here that cycles colors. Must be a similiar concept, but it looks so sweet!!
Posted by: mark

Re:What mod impresses you most? - 06/06/04 12:12 AM

TronBook Clear iBook with some custom made parts painted transparent blue. One of the best hacks I've ever seen
Posted by: scottk

Re:What mod impresses you most? - 06/06/04 12:21 AM

Wow! I have never seen that last one before. It's incredible.