Vanilla Coke

Posted by: OSXaddict

Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 06:05 PM

How many of you all have tried this yet? We have had it here for awhile now and while I couldn't drink it regularly, I find it a refreshing change of pace.<br><br>It takes the "acidic" taste of coke and replaces it with the taste of vanilla. Tastes like a coke float. (a coke float is where you put icecream in a cup with coke for those who don't know)<br><br>
Posted by: NotTheOnly1

My favorite Cola - 06/01/02 06:13 PM

Take regular Coke, splash it over some ice and freshly squeezed lime, and kill some of the fizzle with this[/b]</font color=blue>!<br><br>:-)<br><br>Do you rhumba? Excellent! Now pick a rhumba and sit down.. GM

Re: My favorite Cola - 06/01/02 06:35 PM

Rum? nah..you need a real drink..add this <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 07:03 PM

i am disappointed with vanilla coke. it's too mild in the vanilla flavoring. anyone who has ordered a vanilla coke at an old fashioned eating establishment has probably had a very good vanilla soda. the new vanilla coke is too drab. give me more. give me a real vanilla soda darn it. i thought for sure i'd give up pepsi (cherry pepsi) to switch to vanilla coke, but it won't happen. the dropped the ball with this new drink.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 07:14 PM

I don't think there's quite the correct mesh of tastes. I mean, Cherry Coke has its own taste. But Vanilla Coke tastes like Coke with vanilla. You can taste the two separate flavors. Know what I mean? Plus I agree with Sean, too weak with the vanilla flavoring. Aww screw it, I'm gettin' a beer.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:03 PM

Pepsi Pepsi No Coke.<br><br>Geee Think different, drink different, act different and taste different.<br><br>Dang I went looking for the Feel different site, not found.<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:05 PM

chip chip<br><br>cheeseburger cheeseburger <br><br> I loved that old skit!!<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:11 PM

Right after certain people left SNL, it has been rather silly boreing in a way.<br><br>IMO<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:17 PM

I totally agree with you...I haven't watched it in a long time.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:27 PM

I miss Radner and Belushi. <br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:35 PM

Right Alec.<br><br>SNL was on a big roll at that time and most of the cast moved on, and some passed away sadly.<br><br>I do give credit for the new cast for even trying to follow legends. Close but no cigars.<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:41 PM

I miss them too..and the old cast. Even Al Franken was MUCH funnier back then.<br><br>Remember the news...when they had the caption for the deaf...and I think it was Garrett Morris in there..and he would yell the news? <br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:46 PM

Point Counter Point with Jane Curtan LOL<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:49 PM

Jane, you ignorant slut!<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 08:53 PM

LOL LOL LOL LOL<br><br>You seen that Skit LOL LOL<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 09:01 PM

Of course I did...and I'm not talking about when they replay them on Comedy Central!<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 09:41 PM

THE TOP STORY TONIGHT…<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br><br>"If the world didn't suck we would all fly off."

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/01/02 09:45 PM

base ball has been berry berry good to me.<br><br>
Posted by: Shooshie

Nothing beats a Jones - 06/01/02 10:22 PM

Jones Soda makes the best Vanilla Cola. The bottles have cool photos on the labels, and you get a genuine Chinese Fortune Cookie Fortune underneath the cap. When was the last time you got THAT from a Coke? That said, I tried Vanilla Coke, and it tasted very similar to Jones, but not as good. I'll still buy my trusty Jones Soda when I need the taste of Vanilla, or if I need to open a can of WhoopAss before attacking an all-nighter.<br><br>WhoopAss, by the way, is another Jones Soda drink, available in some parts of the country. It's one of those energy drinks like Red Bull, but I like it better. Maybe I like it better just because of the name. Nothing like having a can of WhoopAss on your desk. I used to keep a can of it on top of my recording console, and if anyone complained too much about the mix, I'd grab it and say "I'm going to open a can of WhoopAss on you if you don't back away from the board." Good for a laugh or two. Sometimes it actually made them forget the stupid request they had just made and the mix went on without getting screwed up. <br><br>Read about it here: Jones Soda's Whoopass<br>Buy it here: JonesSodaStore<br><br>Interesting thing: go to the store and read the ingredients and you'll see that the Canadian and US versions have completely different recipes.<br><br>Shooshie<br><br>Shooshie's Stuff

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/01/02 10:43 PM

They have Jones sodas here too..and I remember seeing WhoopAss last year. Never did try it..perhaps I might give it a shot.<br><br>
Posted by: gshocked

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/01/02 10:58 PM

You are totally right! Nothing does beat a Jones! Jones Vanilla Cola is my soft drink of choice!<br><br>We don't have Vanilla Coke here yet, so I cannot compare, but I know Jones Soda's are awesome! The other good Jones Sodas are orange cream and the clear cream soda! Yum!<br><br>I think Jones Soda started in Vancouver in the 90's but I think they have since moved to Seattle... not sure though...<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/01/02 11:43 PM

Better send some to David Cassidy's crew…they just might need it.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br><br>"If the world didn't suck we would all fly off."
Posted by: six_of_one

Quick! - 06/02/02 01:26 AM

Who was Al Franken's partner?<br><br>(Yes, starting out on SNL, he was part of a team =)<br><br>Off to use my Bat-O-Matic!<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by six_of_one on 06/02/02 04:27 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: NotTheOnly1

The SNL cliche - 06/02/02 01:45 AM

I've watched SNL semi-religiously from year one. If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard (or now read) someone say, "The best cast was the orignal cast", I'd have about $150,000. Yes, I'm that old.<br><br>For me, the show has had about three crucial casts: the SNL originals, the Crystal/Piscipo/Lovitz/Eddie Murphy era, and the Hartman/Miller/Myers/Spade era.<br><br>I think the show only committed suicide twice. Once was in the late 70's, where ABC tried a show called FRIDAYS (where Michael KRAMER Richard's got his big break), and this last year.<br><br>I hope the show can come back, but I think SNL officially died as a going concern when Sinead O'Connor ripped a picture of the Pope on stage, and corporate SNBCL chastised her for it. It not only softened it's edge at this point, it destroyed it and simply became late night LAUGH-IN, although even LAUGH-IN had a more biting edge.<br><br><br><br>Do you rhumba? Excellent! Now pick a rhumba and sit down.. GM
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 01:45 AM

Coke? Cheeseburgers? Vanilla coke?<br>Give me a cup of Sherry and some Spanish jam and I'll be happy.<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 01:51 AM

Spanish jam? Is that a drink or ... umm ... jam? =)<br><br>If it's just jam, how does it go with the sherry - is it *in*the drink or as a side-dish?<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 01:55 AM

hehe, it's not the kind of jam you're used to...<br>Take a look at this (in Spanish)<br>http://www.jamondepatanegra.com/<br><br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 02:24 AM

Ahhh ... a carpaccio of sorts, no?<br><br>A little cheese ...<br>A little toasted bread ...<br><br>mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm =)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/02/02 03:49 AM

$30.95 to have a 12 pack shipped to me??? it can't be that good, can it?<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/02/02 06:24 AM

Sean, where are you from? They sell Jones sodas here in KY...<br><br>

We don't have vanilla coke yet - 06/02/02 07:12 AM

Where I live, (Toronto) we don't get vanilla coke yet. But I have tried making my own, and it tastes very good<br><br>

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/02/02 08:00 AM

i live in michigan and they sell it here; although, i didn't see the vanilla soda flavor in my grocery store. i can't remember the specific prices when i looked not too long ago, but it seems to me a small bottle (approx. 12 ounces) was about $1.35 a bottle. that still seems like a lot.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/02/02 08:07 AM

I can only find it in 20oz. bottles, no cases or 2 liters yet (I live in PA, so 3 liters are only available from generic soda).<br><br>

Slow! - 06/02/02 08:09 AM

Al's partner was Tom something...straightlaced if I remember correctly.<br><br><br>Yeah..$1.something would be expensive. I'll check out the prices here today...<br><br>
Posted by: TimL

Tom Davis *nm* - 06/02/02 08:27 AM

<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 10:13 AM

Smirnoff makes a "Vanilla Twist Vodka". Pour a shot of that into a glass of coke!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm good!!!! I polished off an entire bottle of that stuff in one night with my father.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 10:30 AM

huh..strange..never heard of that vodka. I'm not much of a vodka drinker though.<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 12:23 PM

Now you are talking!<br><br>

Re: Nothing beats a Jones - 06/02/02 12:25 PM

$1.35US does seem a bit pricey...<br>You can find Jones Soda here from one dollar (=about 5 cents American) to $1.89 Canadian.<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 12:26 PM

My favourite is drinking plain Vodka (Smirnoff) straight from the bottle or on the rocks. I drink just Water, Beer and Vodka (not together).<br><br>Haven't tasted any of these flavoured drinks you guys talk about.<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 02:42 PM

straight from the bottle? Dang...<br><br>I haven't had "white" alcohol (rum, vodka, etc) in awhile. Course I'm turning into a lightweight.<br><br>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 03:52 PM

Light weight?<br><br>I drink everything over ice including lite beer. The only thing that I will not pour over ice is a Fine Brandy.<br><br>

Dr. Pepper and peanuts - 06/02/02 04:00 PM

Mmmmmm. When I was a kid, we'd drop peanuts in our Dr. Pepper. Worked with Coke, too, but best with DP. Now for those of you that want to try this at home, get the peanuts in the celephone bag that are shelled. Actually you want the peanuts that don't have any skin. And you have to drink some of the DP first, 'cause the peanuts will make it foam up right at first.<br><br>I stay away from sodas, but for me there is only one sure-fire cure for a bad hangover. A huge Coke from a soda machine. Cans don't help, neither do bottles. I swear by this one, folks.<br><br>[color:blue]A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. – W. Wonka</font color=blue>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/02/02 06:08 PM

Vijay,<br><br>Are you sure you're not part Russian? My Russian grandmother always had a bottle of vodka in the freezer. She said it was the ONLY way to appreciate the fine flavour of a good vodka... and she was right!<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/03/02 04:26 AM

LOL! Nope, I am a full-blooded Indian. I too appreciate good Vodka.<br><br>And Russian girls are hot! ;)<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Vanilla Coke - 06/03/02 04:56 PM

Russian girls hot? Guess I haven't seen any. Closest one that has a Russian name is Krasni..and she is Spanish and hot <br><br>Dang it..I keep forgetting to buy some Jones soda!!<br><br>