KMart debuts self checkout?

Posted by: johnengler

KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 12:01 AM

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010530S0014<br><br>Can we say bag your own stuff, and work for our employees...... cause we won't hire more people so you can get out of the store faster and not have to bag your own stuff?<br><br>Geez.... makes the case for homegrocer.com even stronger.... or shopping at Walmart.com for that matter....<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 07:56 AM

We have this at our local KMart. They aren't the first.<br><br>Kroger (a grocery store chain) has been using this "self-service" style checkout for over a year now. I find it extremely useful when I go and only have a few items..no more waiting on someone to write checks, slow counter people, etc.<br><br>
Posted by: scaught

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 12:44 PM

ya. i like the self checkout things too. <br><br>my friend said they were testing these computer things that took your order at taco bell restaurants in california. anyone seen those?<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 04:23 PM

Blimey we've even got that in the UK!<br>Shopping is loads faster!<br><br><br>

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 05:10 PM

Wow. I'm suprised that this is getting a good reception amongst users... I guess if I think about it, it sounds like a better idea than standing in line, but it still smells of "increasing corporate profits for shareholders" which I'm just not a big fan of from a "ideological" level, as that generally means that you're loosing customer service in the process.<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 05:16 PM

Sad isn't it!<br>Discussing shopping!<br><br><br>

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 05:20 PM

heh... guys talking about shopping... heh<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 05:45 PM

Guys?<br>Whot about canines?<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: KMart debuts self checkout? - 05/31/01 09:14 PM

In this house in many these days, the man.. oops thats me.. does all the shopping washing cleaning etc as it seems that the females of the species are now the breadwinners. <br><br>Although I have to admit that males are more discerning shoppers and as such... well if all males shopped like me, K mart would be bankrupt in a week.<br><br>..