Name that tune

Posted by: carp

Name that tune - 05/25/02 04:45 PM

Part of this test is really whats about a mp3 file can do.<br>So, I placed a Audion file and QT should read it and you might need to choose which player to play it.<br><br>The fun part would be is to guess which movie this tune is played in and also guess the singer and band.<br><br>Song<br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 04:53 PM

"Cheer Down" by the late, great George Harrison. <br><br>Played over the credits in Lethal Weapon 2, and was also featured on one of his greatest hits compilation. <br><br>Produced by Jeff Lynne, which is why it sounds like an ELO song. <br><br>

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 07:37 PM

Right its the late, George Harrison singing.<br>Right it was played over in the closeing credits of lethal weapon 2.<br><br>To get the winning prize: You still must guess what was the band?<br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 07:44 PM

The Travelling Wilburys? (sp) err... Willberrys, err...<br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 07:45 PM

Potential spoiler!!!<br>(I don't want to ruin your chance of getting a prize if I'm right =)<br><br>see below for my answer ...<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br>|<br><br>The Travelling Willburys?<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: Shooshie

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 07:57 PM

Is that the group that Jeff Lynne has been recording and touring with for many years? I remember something about him continuing in the ELO style with a small group. That sound like it. Yes? No?<br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br><br><br>Shooshie's Stuff

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 08:31 PM

All wrong.<br><br>Sorry try again. Its simple listen to the style that the band has, and when it is revield you will say yeah thats right.<br><br>

Hint - 05/25/02 09:08 PM

Lets not be petty<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 09:22 PM

if you knew all that why did you not finish the story and say.. that which you knew already; that the band was the one mentioned so many times afterward.<br>I have a question.. wink .. if it moves you to answer please do.<br>Q) since everyone knows where the rest of the Wilbury's came from.. can anyone pinpoint Jeff Lynne's original band.. does anyone know? <br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================
Posted by: iRock

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 10:28 PM

ELO or before?<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/25/02 11:24 PM

Since Harrison wrote the song with Tom Petty, I am assuming the backing band is the Heartbreakers?<br><br>

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/26/02 03:39 AM

well before ELO...<br>what nationality is Jeff Lynne? <br>and what was his original band..?<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/26/02 10:57 AM

Right ganey<br><br>Its the late George with Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers. Since the long weekend and I like George I thought this would be nice time to bring in one of his songs.<br><br>I wonder whats going to happen to his Estate with the Macadamia farm here on Maui. I hope they turn it into a museum or something.<br><br>

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/26/02 11:33 AM

well before ELO...<br>what nationality is Jeff Lynne? <br>British<br>and what was his original band..?<br>The Move<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>

Goo goo Google! - 05/26/02 09:24 PM

I wouldn't know something like that without rushing to Google. If they invent anything worthwhile in the "wearable" computer age (which the dotcom industry supposedly was rushing us into), it would be something that accesses Google. Imagine google-connected contacts, or a Google watch, or a Google earpiece... you just say, "google, what's the name of Jeff Lynne's first group before ELO?" and Google would whisper back, "The Move." Imagine what it would do for SAT scores!<br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br>Shooshie's Stuff
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Goo goo Google! - 05/26/02 09:28 PM

Have you seen this on wearables at The Register?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Goo goo Google! - 05/26/02 10:22 PM

Hi Sooshie good to see that you were moved to locate the correct answer .. 10 whole credits = top marks <br>but did you <br>also know where the Move resided? ie; what country of origin?<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/26/02 10:23 PM

20 credits :)<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: Why that would be.... - 05/26/02 11:01 PM

OK I went to Google, but do I get extra points for using their language tools to translate (poorly) from a French page? <br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>

Re: Goo goo Google! - 05/27/02 12:36 AM

Heheeeehehehe... Hilarious slapstick images going on there. (er... accidental pun. )<br><br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br>Shooshie's Stuff