Oceans 11 (the remake one)

Posted by: OSXaddict

Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/24/02 08:59 PM

Has anyone seen this yet? I just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it!! Very good remake (but I haven't seen the original, yet. Great cast and excellent acting. I highly recommend this one!<br><br>
Posted by: Terry11

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/24/02 10:27 PM

Some friends said the same thing this afternoon. Think I'll pick up the DVD tomorrow.<br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/24/02 11:10 PM

yes, not bad at all ... at least it sticks to the plot - more or less - of the original, unlike some other remakes of the past few years ...<br><br>I finally got to see the original all the way through, and boy does the ending blow chunks ... although I will say that Sammy Davis, Jr. out-cooled everybody in the film =)<br><br>Hate to say it, but overall the remake is a better-made film (lose Julia Roberts' role and it would be a *vastly* better film, IMHO) ...<br><br>=)<br><br>FWIW,<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/24/02 11:13 PM

Yes its a good movie. <br><br>Glad that I did not spend money on the big ticket but its good for DVD or video.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/25/02 01:49 AM

Saw it too. Nice movie. Watch it.<br><br>Went for Spider-Man last night. Disappointed. :(<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/25/02 04:44 AM

Haven't seen the new one. Saw the original when it first came out, and it's terrific. As is the case with many of these remakes, SFX technology (and even violence) overshadows the story. But not having seen this one yet... ?<br><br>

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/25/02 06:06 AM

This one relied more on acting/directing than violence.<br><br><br>a little info about the movie below..just one scene, promise!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>That scene with Bernie Mac in the office with Andy Garcia and Matt Damon was great! Bernie mac reminded me of one of our kids at work.<br><br><br>

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/25/02 07:17 AM

Your clips not showing up for me. But that's ok. If it's about art and not technology, I may see it.<br><br>

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/25/02 07:20 AM

Well, that's cause I didn't put a clip there I just didn't want people to scroll down if they didn't want to read anything about the movie before seeing it. But it's not really a spoiler anyways.<br><br>

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/25/02 07:47 AM

Doh!<br>*smack self in head*<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Oceans 11 (the remake one) - 05/26/02 11:29 AM

I've seen both, and unlike most remakes, I think the new Ocean's 11 is MUCH better than the original.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: bganey

Just saw it.... - 05/26/02 12:07 PM

Worth seeing......I liked it. <br><br>