Further Tales of the IT Monster

Posted by: yoyo52

Further Tales of the IT Monster - 05/23/02 09:40 PM

During the seminar (for more on which see here) I had a nice long talk with one of the people who work at the Computer Center at my school, under the direct authority of the [color:red]Monster IT Director</font color=red> (for more on whom see here).<br><br>I couldn't believe the story that this poor woman told me about her misery under the [color:red]Monster</font color=red>. To boil it down to basics, the [color:red]Monster</font color=red> is positively evil.<br><br>So I've started recruiting faculty members so we can have a mass demonstration of outrage in her supervisor's office. The fact of the matter is that we in the faculty, although we have a hell of a hard time dealing with this [color:red]Monster</font color=red>, can more or less ignore her. She definitely affects our work adversely, and she's definitely a pain in the keyster, but she has no authority over us. For those under her, however, the story is very very very different. I just can't let injustice go by without trying to do something about it. I'm more than irritated now, and I'm not going to stop until something gets done.<br><br>edit urls for readability<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 05/24/02 00:44 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>