Try this mood change

Posted by: carp

Try this mood change - 05/22/02 10:09 PM

Since to much MC dirty laundry came in here, I felt this might change the mood a little bit.<br><br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/carp2/.Music/Tom Jones - Delilah.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false ><br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

You have made my evening! - 05/22/02 10:16 PM

That is priceless!<br><br>Far more mature and intellegent than some posts of the past couple days ...<br><br>TJ rules!!<br><br>=D<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Try this mood change - 05/22/02 10:16 PM

too funny... thanks.<br><br>Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.<br>-- Aaron Levenstein
Posted by: steveg

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 03:45 AM

Carp, you're too funny. Wish you'd posted this two days earlier. <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 04:53 AM

First thing I heard this morning. What a way to wake up! Thanks.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 05:20 AM

Nice song. Never heard it before...:)<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: gshocked

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 05:38 AM

Perfect! A great way to start the day! <br>I love it!<br>PS <br>Hi to everybody, this is my first post here!<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 08:27 AM

Hey G!<br><br>Willkommen! Bienvenue! Entré! C'mon in!<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 08:40 AM

Parlez vous Français? Oui? Je suis un étudiant. Êtes-vous un étudiant aussi?<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: Entish

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 08:42 AM

so,, what was the music?.. I did not see the need to go get a plug-in just to hear it<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Who is - 05/23/02 11:04 AM

this guy who hasn't been to the other forum for 3 years or more?<br><br><br><br>I remember playing with that gif a looooooong time ago but can't remember in what forum or who it belonged to. Anyway, just having fun.<br><br>Re the music question you asked -- if might depend on what browser you are using whether or not you can see the Quicktime function bar to "turn it on". I am using OmniWeb and sometimes it shows up and sometimes not. Have a nutter question? Just ask. <br><br>Kate<br>Katharine<br>Ethel<br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 11:47 AM

Tom Jones - Delilah<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 12:40 PM

Right Alec.<br><br>Its a QT mp3.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 01:16 PM

LOL! The Carp-O-Matic Jukebox!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 01:28 PM

My wife will enjoy the fact I'm changing the tune I will be singing in the shower. She was getting sick of "Bali Hai'.<br><br>thanks.<br><br> myyyy myyy myyyyyyyyyyyyy deliiiiiiiiilaaa !<br><br><br><br><br>Paul Morrison ... the striped bass are in ...
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 01:32 PM

It must be great to understand the lyrics of the songs!!!!<br>This one is not so difficult but others are.<br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 01:33 PM

That's so true, even when English is your first language.<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 01:48 PM

I saw the light ?????? by her window<br>I saw the ?????? of love on her blind<br>She was my woman<br>As she ???????? out of my mind<br><br>And so on. Very annoying.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

lyrics - 05/23/02 02:04 PM

I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window<br>I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind<br>She was my woman<br>As she deceived me I watched and went out of my mind<br><br>My my my Delilah<br>why why Delilah<br>I could see that girl was no good for me<br>but I was lost like a slave that no man could free<br><br>At break of day when that man drove away I was wavering<br>I crossed the street to her house and she opened the door<br>She stood there laughing<br>I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more<br><br>My my my Delilah<br>why why Delilah<br>So before they come to break down the door<br>forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take anymore<br><br>She stood there laughing<br>I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more<br><br>My my my Delilah<br>why why why Delilah<br>So before they come to break down the door<br>forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take anymore<br>forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take anymore<br><br><br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 02:05 PM

I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window<br>I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind<br>She was my woman<br>As she decieved me, I watched and went out of my mind<br><br>Of course, he is Welsh, so one can't expect to understand *everything* the man says ;-)<br><br>I'm off to tackle a Bob Dylan song now ... *that* could take days =)<br><br>***matt<br><br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 02:09 PM

Beat you hehe....<br><br>Actually I just listened to it the first time just now and wrote the lyrics as I heard them. Granted it was easier cause English is my native tongue.<br><br>I really liked that song!! thanks!<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 02:15 PM

yeah yeah ... neenerneenerneener!<br><br>heh =)<br><br>yeah I gave it a listen for the first time as well - he actually does have pretty good diction ... and yes, it does help that he's using our native tongue =)<br><br>I'm still trying to figure-out what Mr. Dylan's native language is ;-D<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 02:17 PM

I believe it is a dialect of Mumblese...mixed with mushmouthese. <br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 03:58 PM

Tom has been very good at diction, however. The song did suggest violance against a women which I am totally against.<br><br>The man did have some good pipes, I even watched his variety show.<br><br>I do notice that the lyrics in todays music is even more violent or simply have little meaning. No story behind the new songs.<br><br>While this song has some content, thou not a good ending but gives a story about a love affair.<br><br>

The reason - 05/23/02 04:57 PM

For this thread was to push those garbage threads off the front page and I am hopefull once that happens. It will never come back -- support the non bitch threads now.<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 07:48 PM

oui, je parle un petit peu!<br>je ne suis pas etudiant.<br>ca fait longtemps que j'ai fais mes etudes en France...<br>Salut mon ami!<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 07:50 PM

How did you make that Qt MP3?<br>it is way cool...<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 07:55 PM

Sacre bleu, un autre homme de France. Ou un homme de Francais? Ma Francais est merde. Je perdu cette, temps grand. Pardonnez moi, mes amis. Bon nuit.<br><br> <br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 08:41 PM

Je ne suis pas Francais, mais j'ai fais des etudes en France!<br>Mais ma Francais c'est ne pas terrible non plus! Votre Francais c'est ne pas vraiment merde! Vous ecrivez tres bien, je crois!<br>Bon nuit mes cheres amis!<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 09:16 PM

Ah non! S'il a une "bonne nuit," puis il aura un "Morning lads . . ."<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 09:33 PM

Vous avez raison!<br><br>

Re: lyrics - 05/23/02 11:35 PM

Oooohhh, thanks! Grrr, it was easy after all.<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 11:52 PM

heh! This French speak is so much fun. I studied French for 2 years in high school. Don't remember much of it. To tell you the truth, my original French post was a translation from Altavista's BabelFish. ;)<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Try this mood change - 05/23/02 11:59 PM

Et vous, aussi. <br><br>

Re: lyrics - 05/24/02 03:01 AM

You are most welcome.<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/24/02 05:22 AM

I studied French for three months in Paris 13 years ago!<br>I was quite a poor student, and I spent too much time enjoying the Parisian nightlife to learn to write French proficiently! The only reason I passed the course is because a small group of classmates & I were very good friends with the teacher!<br><br>I was then going to take a six month course @ the Sorbonne, but I dropped out to fool around Europe....<br><br>Alas, that is why my french is so poor!<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/24/02 11:35 AM

That is still good.<br><br>The only French I know is french fry which is not even french. When I was in school I took 2 years Japanese and Hawaiian but that was 25 years ago so don't ask. LOL What was real popular at the time was Spanish and the classes was always full, I could never sign up in time to get in.<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/24/02 12:49 PM

I took french in high school and did terrible! Wish I learned it now...<br><br>

Re: Try this mood change - 05/24/02 02:58 PM

I haven't taken French since I graduated from H. S. (and that was back in the days of Richard Nixon in the White House .<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: Try this mood change - 05/24/02 04:41 PM

konichiwa, domo arigato, pupus, malasadas, CK drive in, mixed plate...<br>my extent of Japanese & Hawaiian<br>CK drive in waffle dogs with mustard & relish yum!<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gshocked on 05/24/02 07:46 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 05:33 PM

Yes Kate you do remember playing with my gif.. that is gooood ahhh... it tickles. :)<br>yes Kate I have QuickTime 5.0.5 but maybe some individual browser settings are not yet updated.. ¿¿<br>Strange that the file was not identified to my browser but if you remember me, you will know that I can fix it... but you will also remember that my ISP is so slow that I probably prefer not to have autoplay music embeds.<br><br>and I see that iTools is back up again. The reasons why thanks for the new link to an old gif of mine <br>and yes we have known each other .. along with Stan, since the early days of MC... and that is true too! <br><br>[color:red]hmm maybe Apple don't like me using their iTools site to display an avvy from</font color=red>

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 05:40 PM

I had the autoplay turned off but it still would load, to hear it you would have to click play.<br><br>A better way is to link to it so it would not even load on the page. For some strange reason iDisk would not let me link to that song.<br><br>

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 06:05 PM

ah I am using netscape 4 and though there are ample plug-ins that should play this I did note that there is a java component necessary for me to use this embed of yours. I will just have to load another browser.<br><br>and<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> et vous Aussi?<p><hr></blockquote><p> means and you Aussie? ...well our friend from new Zealand does not know that your Flag is Hawaiian...at least i think that is what the French was for.. <br><br>

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 06:15 PM

"Et vous aussi" means "And you too."<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 06:20 PM

Bonjour! Je suis à l'aise en français maintenant: -) Êtes-vous stupéfiés à mes capacités? Yeah..it m'a pris tout de cinq minutes pour l'apprendre couramment. Je vous espère ai l'amusement traduisant ce désordre!! LOL<br><br>Bonjour M. Vijay! Je vous espère reste frais! Merci de l'information sur la façon dont traduire:-D<br><br>

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 06:24 PM

Here's what you typed, means.<br><br>Hello! I am at French ease now:-) are you astounded with my capacities? Yeah..it took to me very five minutes to usually learn it. I hope for you have the recreation translating this disorder!! LOL Hello Mr. Vijay! I hope for you fresh remainder! Thank you for information on the way in which of translating:-D<br><br>Yeah, BabelFish sucks.<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 06:32 PM

LOL yeah..well..what can you do? <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 06:40 PM

Vijay have you tried the language tools at Google? Or is it run by BabelFish,too?<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.<br>— Salvador Dali

Wait wait - 05/24/02 07:43 PM

You mean that some are copy and paste from a translation program??<br><br>OOoooh My I don't know what to say.<br><br>

Re: Wait wait - 05/24/02 08:56 PM

¡Cómo sobre decir "refresqúese! donde está este traductor?" hehe.<br><br>oops..that's in spanish...<br><br>" ! <br>." hehe <br><br><br>oops...Japanese there...hold on..<br><br>Wie über das Sagen "abkühlen Sie! wo ist dieser Übersetzer?" hehe.<br><br>Dang...now that is German...French is close...hold on..<br><br>Come circa dire "raffreddisi! dove è questo traduttore?" hehe.<br><br>Whoa..Italian? hmmm..Krasni may be able to decipher that <br><br>ahh here we go! Que diriez-vous de dire "refroidissez! là où est ce traducteur?" hehe.<br><br>and my reply.. is this:, ! <br><br>which is Chinese for this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Wait wait - 05/24/02 09:26 PM

gosh that's a lot of talk over a simple French phrase<br>let's try another; Jé Suis Pierré, et vou?<br><br>

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 09:28 PM

g'day iRock.. long time no see<br><br>

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 10:03 PM

Geee it sounds like people are talking behind my back!! LOL,<br><br>BTW I am removing that song from the iDisk, I feel it has played to long and to spare the those with slow modems from the Load Pain.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Who is - 05/24/02 11:07 PM

Hi McN. How have you been? Have you always been an LOTR fan? If you're affiliated with Tolkein Ent. that's pretty impressive. Nice site, like the bound book look. Good to see you are here.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.<br>— Salvador Dali

Re: Who is - 05/25/02 01:54 AM

Yeah, BabelFish is owned by AltaVista.<br><br>http://babelfish.altavista.com/ or http://babel.av.com/<br><br>Then there's Google's Translate service.<br><br>http://translate.google.com/translate?<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: Who is - 05/25/02 09:25 AM

Always been an LOTR fan but sorry to de-impress by telling the truth.. I am not affiliated with Tolkien Ent any more than the fact that I temporarily stole the gif from that site while I figure out a better one, since mac.com have refused me the pleasure of the view.<br><br>