You asked for it!

Posted by: MachOne

You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:15 PM

Yes, folks, in response from poster Mr Bymiles of Saskatoon, here's the poll you've been waiting for.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:21 PM

Ahem, but this half of the contest has retired. It will have to be a one-legged race from here on. <br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:22 PM

There are one or two really cruel beasts out there...<br>*sniffs and wipes tear from cheek*<br><br>I think I'm going to have a sulk now.<br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:25 PM

Drat! it's only the second poll I've ever run, and you've just knocked its wheels off. <br>*...bursts into huge girlie sob and storms out of lounge, bottom lip quivering...*<br><br>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:27 PM

Damn, I thought this was your "I'm awake" post. <br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:28 PM

There, there, M1. Here's a hankie. There'll be others. In the meantime, you did your best. Now wipe your tears and hold your head up, lad!<br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:36 PM

Shucks. Thanks Mr G. <br><br>So what's these crusty bits next to the lace border? <br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:40 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Damn, I thought this was your "I'm awake" post. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Can I still edit the name of the thread?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:44 PM

Could I vote for two options? Please? Maybe three?<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:49 PM

Sure. And if you can let me know how I can vote multiple times I'd be grateful.<br><br>Wait a darned minute...you're not thinking of voting for the last option by any chance...? <br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 06:53 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Wait a darned minute...you're not thinking of voting for the last option by any chance...?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Nah.<br><br><br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 07:05 PM

Don't go there... <br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 07:36 PM

No poll needed.<br><br>Steveg acted inappropriately, can't do anything but hurl insult after insult after insult, which is pretty standard for this guy.<br><br>So, I have no problem if people look negatively on me for staying here and refuting every one of steve's falsehoods. I don't care. I will not back down to his bullying tactics. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 07:40 PM

happy family .. one hand clap<br>four went down.. but none came back<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 07:42 PM

Wow.. what a gal!<br><br>done with true feminine spirit!<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 07:48 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>No poll needed<p><hr></blockquote><p>Maybe not Matt. Then again, there's been a lot of assumptions going on about what the rest of us think. Here's a vehicle to test the waters, so to speak, albeit a light-hearted one. If you don't want to take part, it's not a drama. You're entitled to ignore it as much as you're entitled to add your voice.<br><br>I enjoy a good stoush as well as the next guy...this was an attempt to find out how much the next guy was enjoying it. <br><br><br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:04 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Wow.. what a gal! done with true feminine spirit!<p><hr></blockquote><p>Why youse...if I was only 2 feet taller and 25 years younger, I'd give youse such a thrashing...Gal indeed. Feminine, my @rse. I-am-a-bloke, mate. <br><br>OK, I know the profile pic is a bit poofy-looking, but Jeez, that was the fashion way back in them days in the 70s. Hmmph...<br><br>*wanders off muttering to himself about getting a more recent profile pic...* <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:06 PM

we have all been there mate <br><br>haven't you heard of turning the other cheek?<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================
Posted by: Entish

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:12 PM

the old codger needs his eyes fixed uh.. :)<br>but I suppose he just sensed the gentler side of your words ;)<br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I suppose he just sensed the gentler side of your words<p><hr></blockquote><p>I've been meaning to get that fixed. <br><br>
Posted by: watcher

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:27 PM

there is nothing wrong with being a gentle-man<br><br>though some of us grow beards .. just so we can be seen as men.<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:30 PM

You know, I have. But in this case, I just can't find it within me to do that. You know?<br><br>
Posted by: watcher

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:32 PM

that so, thus be it on your own head.<br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:36 PM

and who are you to talk?<br>you overstuffed clock tower!<br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================
Posted by: carp

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:44 PM

Not sure where this thread is going?<br><br>But by the subject line I guess going no where? So does this make it legal to hijack this thread?<br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:52 PM

Stoush?<br><br>The OED goes directly from "stoury--characterized by flying dust or driving snow" all the way to "stout--a gad-fly, horse-fly" (and no rude comments about my image in the mirror: a miracle!).<br><br>Anyway, does the object of the current thread nestle neatly near the nuances here?<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 08:57 PM

Stoush = brawl, scrap, fight, etc. From England...possibly colloquial to the North but I'm not sure. <br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 09:01 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But by the subject line I guess going no where? So does this make it legal to hijack this thread?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Hijack to your heart's content, Carp. <br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 09:03 PM

I thought that "put up your Dukes" was from england? LOL<br><br>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 09:09 PM

the one =stoush= is a noun describing the melee that followeth on from the one =Put your dukes up= invitation to stoush <br><br>=============================================================<br>| "Behold the Turtle, he maketh no progress ==== until he sticketh out his neck." |<br>=============================================================

Duking it out... - 05/22/02 09:26 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I thought that "put up your Dukes" was from england?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I do believe you're right. My dad was using that expression in mock fights with me when I was but a lad of 7 or 8. Although he was/is a Scot at heart, many expressions like that were learned in the army, during WWII service.<br><br>Of course, put up your Dukes might also refer to arranging accommodation for the Royal Family. <br><br><br><br>Edit: I see the above gag was already done by someone over at MC in the Nukes thread. Oops...unintentional duplication. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MachOne on 05/23/02 01:12 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/22/02 09:27 PM

We call it "Beef" here. Don't ask me why.<br><br>When somebody yells BEEF everyone ran outside to place bets.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: You asked for it! - 05/24/02 01:22 PM

Is it too late to vote? <br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: You asked for it! - 05/24/02 07:13 PM

Absolutely not. Cast your ballot anytime. <br><br>