What keeps me happy!

Posted by: RubenC

What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:38 PM

Waiting for the green light on projects is excruciating! So in the meantime here's my set-up with my new G5 at home till the work comes in.<br>Upgraded my scanner to the Canon Lide 80<br>also added a USB 2.0 4 port hub<br><br><br>
Posted by: Beniitec

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:40 PM

very nice. Love it...<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:42 PM

Nice. I'd love to have those speakers...and that chair... and the extra monitor... and.. <br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:45 PM

It's whisper quiet, sometimes when I walk away for more than five minutes and the screens go dark, I can't tell if it still on or if it went to sleep!<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:45 PM

sean needs to take some lessons from you <br>Great set up!<br><br><br>My Stuff
Posted by: JohnR

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:46 PM

Nice! ok...rub it in why don't ya?? hehe...<br><br>So you have a 20 and 17inch monitors?? ohhhh man..my dream setup!!<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:47 PM

Damn, am I the LAST person in the damn forum to own a bloody CRT?!!!!<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:47 PM

No. it's a 20 and a 15 inch monitor, but close enough. <br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:48 PM

CRT? uh...what's that? <br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 04:48 PM

Sounds like it's time for a new monitor. <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 05:41 PM

I have one too, DM. Can't really justify an LCD, although I lust after one. Of course, I do a lot of lusting, period <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet
Posted by: greenme1

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 06:14 PM

Same here, but i have two 17" CRTs. It works out nicely though.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 07:02 PM

Nice! So are you going to MacWorld? Maybe a meet? I'm going to pester everyone on the west coast until you agree. And maybe folks all over. rman? MacGiz? Trog? Too bad Snag is scarce. Who else is in California or thereabouts?<br><br>[color:red]... all things share the same breath - the beast, the tree, the man ... the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports. -Chief Seattle, Duwamish</font color=red>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 07:05 PM

Where has Snag been?<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 07:06 PM

No. <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 07:16 PM

If I were to get one, it'd have to be the top of the line.<br><br>And I can more easily afford top of the line CRT than top of the line LCD right now..<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/02/03 07:33 PM

I don't know.<br><br>[color:red]... all things share the same breath - the beast, the tree, the man ... the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports. -Chief Seattle, Duwamish</font color=red>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 02:26 AM

Congratulation, looking good.. <br>You don't fear something knocking the G5 over? <br><br><br>DigitalEye
Posted by: iraszl

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 04:29 AM

congrats<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 05:45 AM

Nice setup! Done any slide scans yet with the LiDE 80? I have that one too, haven't gotten around to using the film adapter yet. <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 06:26 AM

Lori, you just know me too well. <br><br>i do *plan* on cleaning up, but i am guessing that it'll take some company (read: guests who don't know us that well -- close friends already know what to expect ) to get me into action.<br><br>i could certainly learn a thing or thousand from Ruben. <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 08:07 AM

Very nice!<br><br>That is one smooth setup! I like the way you have the G5 on the desktop for all to see.<br><br>[color:blue]My only goal in life is to live forever - so far so good!</font color=blue>
Posted by: nutty

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 08:23 AM

<br><br>this makes me happy<br><br>
Posted by: gshocked

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 08:29 AM

totally secsi set up!<br>Love it!<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 08:30 AM

also a very secsi set up!<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 09:16 AM

I wish.....<br>(i could have brought this home as a souvenir from Japan)<br><br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 10:19 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>So are you going to MacWorld? Maybe a meet? I'm going to pester everyone on the west coast until you agree.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I'm seriously thinking about it, Carol and I have been wanting to go to San Francisco for a while, and that would be as good an excuse as any.<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 10:21 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You don't fear something knocking the G5 over<p><hr></blockquote><p>Now that you've brought it up....umm, maybe.<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 10:25 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Done any slide scans yet with the LiDE 80?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Nope, not yet, my main concern was getting the current drivers for OS X. The software that came with the scanner was not up to date, so I had to go to the Canon web site to get the current drivers.<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 10:28 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> I like the way you have the G5 on the desktop for all to see.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Thanks, originally I had the G4 in the same spot as a buffer from the doorway, it also served as a wow factor when quests came to the house.<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 10:29 AM

Nice setup nutty! You look like one busy man.<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 10:30 AM

Looks like drool material. <br><br>
Posted by: skuldugary

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 11:46 AM

You are not alone. <br><br>I think it's time we changed the name of this forum. It should be called The Lust Minute<br><br>The thread killer
Posted by: NeilMac

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 12:18 PM

I hate you!<br><br>
Posted by: NeilMac

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 12:27 PM

I'm really sorry I posted. Envy is a terrible trait.<br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 03:58 PM

Don't worry, you'll get over it!<br><br>Pretty soon the tables will be turned and the dual 3 ghz G5's will be coming out, and everyone will buy one including you, and all will be well.<br><br>But for this moment I needed this baby NOW! <br><br>

Re: What keeps me happy! - 10/03/03 08:50 PM

That would be super. Would you still come if I poke a little fun at your future governor? As we make plans we will post them.<br><br>