Tech and the Fast Food Nation

Posted by: Anonymous

Tech and the Fast Food Nation - 05/29/01 10:49 AM

"If the history of the twentieth century was marked by bloody struggles against totalitarian political power, then the history of the Twenty-first will likely be marked by efforts to curtail the excessive corporate power that grips the United States and is spreading throughout the world. This conflict between morality and prosperity isn't only about the survival of individualism. It's about the soul of technology, which created the Fast Food Nation. It could soon be the story of computing too."<br><br>Read all about it<br><br>~~~<br>"Our civil rights have no dependence upon our religious opinions more than our opinions in physics or geometry." --Thomas Jefferson

Re: Tech and the Fast Food Nation - 05/30/01 01:32 PM

Well, we obviously ARE the fast food nation... I dunno if technology helped create that, tho ;)<br><br>Unconsiousness is bliss.
Posted by: johnengler

Re: good/bad customer experiences - 05/30/01 06:41 PM

It's a rare fresh breath to talk to a company that is truly interested and concerned about the customer support/experience that it provides...<br><br>Many talk the talk, but few walk the walk... I think Stan is pushing MacMinute in the right direction....<br><br>I also have enjoyed the support I've received from Earthlink, Oracle, NetLedger.com, and Citibank, USAA (and all of it's subsidiaries) but there are countless others that I've hated dealing with...<br><br>Can anyone recommend their favorite companies to deal with on a support/relationship basis?<br><br>I like to reward good customer service when I can, and would love to know who I can dump if there are good competitors out there...<br><br>thanks in advance...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: good/bad customer experiences - 05/30/01 08:06 PM

Companies with good customer service----<br><br>Outpost.com<br><br>30 some odd orders and only one mistake, and that was in my favour ( 6gig vst firewire harddrive for 99$ thankyou vary much smile )<br><br>AppleStore <br><br>3 Computers bought and no problems <br><br>MDM Cablespeed (cable modem)<br><br>Installed the day after i called them :-) only one problem and that was fixed in 3 hours <br><br>Companies with bad customer service....<br><br>Ritz Cameras <br><br>Um i use to work at one of them for three years so i know frist hand frown (i did not like working there)<br><br>Ubid.com <br><br>Oh God.......... Once was enough---check them out on resellerratings.com<br><br>Borders Books <br><br>Um, is it just me or do there never the books that you want......<br><br><br><br>yeah i think that's about it for me <br><br>Oni<br><br>this is my signature do you like it?
Posted by: iraszl

resurrection - 11/27/02 01:11 PM

i thought i'll bring back an absolutely dead, completely irrelevant and boring thread to life. is that illegal?<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:13 PM

No..but what was the point? Were you trying to bring it to someone's attention? Hoping to add something to this?<br><br>

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:19 PM

no there is no reasons for doing it. i picked a message from page 150 randomly. sometimes i do things that make no sense. makes me feel good. like throing a stone to the lake or run up the stairs instead of taking the lift.<br><br>http://raszl.net

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:21 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>makes me feel good. like throing a stone to the lake or run up the stairs instead of taking the lift.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I hardly compare this to those two! LOL<br><br>

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:23 PM

you're right. it was completely worseless it didn't make me feel any good. maybe it wasn't the right thread.<br><br>http://raszl.net
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:48 PM

Hey, it resurrected nycdewd, Lon to those who know him. A great guy whom I miss on the forums.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:54 PM

No..it didn't resurrect him cause he's not back to post. What happened to him?<br><br>

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:56 PM

Well, he had disagreements (and that's putting it mildly) with some folks, and decided he'd rather be out of the forum world.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 01:57 PM

here? And that really sucks that he left forums entirely. I have been angered by some posts, not here but elsewhere, and made my point then ignored that thread and others like it.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 02:04 PM

We all have disagreements - we all are different people.<br>No reason to leave the forum.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 02:05 PM

Well said Carpo...<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: resurrection - 11/27/02 02:09 PM

It wasn't a thread that was the problem, but I'm not sure I should go beyond that cause it's not my issue.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"