WooHoo! It's here!

Posted by: steveg

WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 04:35 PM

Oh, man! This such an awesome machine. Here are just a handful of pics all I had time for today. No unpacking ceremony, and no software or peripherals hooked up yet.<br><br>First impressions: Visually stunning, and solid to the touch. Fast, of course. Quiet (almost silent), too. New mouse is ok, new keyboard is not very satisfying. Gonna get another Macally Ice tomorrow.<br><br>People kept coming in to my office to ogle and stroke it (bunch of perverts ). There's only one other Mac in the office, because all the creatives are freelance and work offsite, so all the PC weenies were curious, and they were visibly impressed. iSync blew one account exec away: he came in to ask if I had time for a quick conference call with a client. I said sure, let me just get my calendar and address book filled out. He grimaced and asked if I could do that after the call, since the client was waiting. I said, sorry, gotta do it now, and launched iSync. His jaw dropped to his ankles when in less than 3 minutes, my bookmarks, addy book and iCal were completely filled in! <br><br>So, enough jabber. Here are the pics. Sorry there aren't more.<br><br>
Posted by: lislaz

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 04:38 PM

Congratulations Steve!! Glad you're happy, hope everyone (you know who you are) who's waiting, also gets to be as happy! <br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 04:42 PM

smooth! very smooth!<br><br>[color:blue]Coming soon...</font color=blue>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 04:43 PM

Hey Steve could you scoot that G5 a little bit closer to the window so my buddy Vinny can get a real hands on touch I mean look see <br>Congrats on your new G5 <br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 04:44 PM

Your desk looks much happier now ;-)<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 04:47 PM

Your buddy? I thought he was my buddy! <br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 04:58 PM

Aw-Man! SWEET!!<br>Congrats on the new toy, and NICE office!<br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:00 PM

Desk: "My life has purpose now!!!" <br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:04 PM

Alright you party animal. I bet you danced a jig!! So happy for you!! <br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:21 PM

steveg: "Desk, lose the fingerprints!" <br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:24 PM

maybe one of your other purchases Steve can be windshield wipers for your desk. <br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:26 PM

Hey, dis iz Noo Yawk. We got squeegie men heah!<br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:28 PM

..for glass desks?? wow, you ARE fancy! <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:33 PM

Way to go!<br><br>I have the same QuickSilver you did w 1.5 gigs of RAM...is it THAT much faster?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:34 PM

Don't hold back, Steve. Let us know how you really feel.<br>MAZELTOV!<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:44 PM

Very Nice! I'm jealous. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 05:50 PM

Very coooool! <br><br>But, hey, why do you have the aluminum side still on? Show those shiny silver guts off!! <br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 06:11 PM

Until I get all the software installed and the goodies hooked up, I really can't say how much faster. But judging by how fast the bundled apps open, it's a rocket sled. The Adobe suite will tell the tale for sure.<br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 06:13 PM

Next week I'll be able to start hammering on it. For now, it's still "decor" <br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 06:18 PM

Congrats, Steve!<br><br>But really... get that beauty off the floor and onto the desktop. If you're short on space, you can always work on the floor! <br><br>alec - OFI
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 06:18 PM

Wow, beautiful! Congrats! <br><br>MrsJC<br><br>If the 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 06:19 PM

I was thinking of giving it my chair. <br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 06:20 PM

Y-10-Q! <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 07:20 PM

Dual 2ghz start shipping tomorrow and will be in large supply at all Apple Stores on Friday... shoulda waited Steve!!! <br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 07:32 PM

Very, very nice set-up Steve, congratulations.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 07:37 PM

Suuuuper! I'm telling you that case feels so good!<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet
Posted by: sean

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 07:44 PM

that really is an awesome setup and a beautiful machine. good for you.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 08:41 PM

Cool! Is that the dual one? Nice setup there. First on the block I guess, eh? <br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 08:58 PM

Looking good, congratulations <br>Use it in good health, and I hope it makes you happy and wealthy <br><br><br>DigitalEye

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 10:21 PM

Did you skim, Mike? It's the 1.8ghz. <br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 10:42 PM

<br><br>drjohn
Posted by: iRock

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 10:47 PM

Use it in good health, and I hope it makes you happy and wealthy<br>I'd settle for just making you witty. Oops did I say that out loud?<br><br>Really I think it's a beautiful piece of equipment and I am very happy for you!<br><br>[color:red]Oh give me a home...</font color=red>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 10:51 PM

about 6 inches wider and the G5 will start to look like the mini-bar in hotel rooms!<br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 10:55 PM

Not the stark ones we ended up in, rustic my a$$.<br>j/k it was relaxing.<br><br>[color:red]Oh give me a home...</font color=red>
Posted by: trey

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/16/03 11:13 PM

Looks great! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 01:19 AM

Nice toy, enjoy it.<br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 03:20 AM

Yeah... right. <br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 04:14 AM

That's whatchacall a "Manhattan Pick-up Truck" club cab model. Weighs a/b 12 lbs, holds 275 lbs, and folds up to less than 3" thick. Nice big rubber wheels for bouncing over curbs, potholes and homeless people. <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 06:16 AM

So which one is it? Dual 2Ghz or not?<br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 06:44 AM

Wow that's almost as good as this 'Montana Limo'.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Oh give me a home...</font color=red>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 06:49 AM

Attention Mike: Incase you missed the 2 or 3 posts Steve made with it, and the post about 4 up that I made telling you... IT'S A 1.8GHZ <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 07:33 AM

Wow, Gizmo's got zero tolerance for crap today, huh? <br><br>

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 07:39 AM

It's all George Dubya's fault! <br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 08:21 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Wow that's almost as good as this 'Montana Limo'.<p><hr></blockquote><p>lol <br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 08:44 AM

Steve.....congratulations on the new dualie! I know it was worth the wait and I am glad it finally came!<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 08:54 AM

Bah! I have 2.68ghz on my new Windows machine...<br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 09:02 AM

Macs are too slow anyway....this is why Apple is going out of business. Why would I buy a 2ghz G5 when I can get a 3.2ghz Pentium 4 for half the price?<br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: WooHoo! It's here! - 09/17/03 09:07 AM

cool! i' got a dual yesterday (not mine though) and man is this thing quite!!!!<br><br><br>MattMac this thinng is 100 times quieter than the G4 with the New powersupply. what a great audio workstation this is going to be.<br><br>and SPIDF/TOS link in and out!!!!!<br><br>