Ah, that's better...

Posted by: MachOne

Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 07:59 PM

Good to see some healthy posting going on at MM again. It's been all too quiet around here of late. Welcome back all those who've been absent lately. <br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 08:02 PM

Who's been absent? Not me. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 08:10 PM

I've been here... <br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 08:16 PM

I've been here and there. Mostly there, but I do try to drop in here from time to time. It's dodging the vehicles while crossing the street that's difficult.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 08:59 PM

Who what when and where?<br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 09:09 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Who's been absent?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Ummm...there's been a few.<br>Shooshie<br>SteveG<br>MaxWell<br>to name a few. Some folk are more sporadic in their visits than others I guess. But yeah, there's a core of posters who visit daily, like you guys, me, MacGizmo, Alec, etc.<br><br>Sometimes I wonder how come the "old" regulars don't pop in more often. When you check out the list of users, there's about 99% who never seem to post.<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 09:14 PM

Maybe over time they'll all come streaming back to see what all the commotion is about. <br><br>Let's hope!<br><br>I check in here at least 10... 15... 20 times a day - a lurker until a subject strikes me. Then I do my darndest to make an arse of myself. How am I doing so far?<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 09:23 PM

LOL Alec.<br><br>You always make a good one of yourself <br><br>I step in here when it gets reall slow at MC and vise versa.<br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 09:25 PM

Spectacularly successful. <br><br>But using Mississauga and Arse in the same same post is risking further butt pix...<br><br>aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh *runs away with eyes scrunched shut...*<br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 09:31 PM

Hmmm..not sure if I wanna know <br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 09:36 PM

Not to worry - I have decided to spare the good folks here the horror of "the full moon" 'til a later date not yet determined. <br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 10:12 PM

Well I think a lot of them are busy working on the mosaic stuff and aren't posting anywhere much. I check in here several times each day just don't always think I have anything interesting enough to add.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.<br> Salvador Dali

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 10:55 PM

iRock<br><br>Nothing interesting to say.<br><br>That image of you useing your mouse on your thigh was superb.<br><br>Your responses however was less interesting LOL.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 11:07 PM

Was it a "nekkid" thigh??? Cause you know... iRock is a babe!!!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/10/02 11:53 PM

JD<br><br>iRock is a babe and just like with all Mac babes.<br><br>Alec and I was viewing a late nite thread. When iRock mention that she was laying on her couch and useing her mouse on her thigh.<br><br>Alec and I mention what a wonderfull image.<br><br>iRock came back with something about years of being on Herion and something or another "go look elsewhere that kind off thing.<br><br>Like wow ahh sorry for giving an compliment.<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 04:05 AM

Absent? What absent?<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 05:06 AM

I have not been posting that much lately anywhere, but I do check in here at least a few times a day to see what is going on. Glad to see it picking up a little here again. Sometimes with the number of posts at MC, it becomes almost impossible to find the time to keep up with all of that. But, I do check MC too several times a day. Been kinda busy though with other stuff, joined a Boxster forum.....yada yada yada. Some replies I also do with PM.<br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 05:26 AM

Ah...I wasn't referring to us new regulars, Krasni. So you won't have to get a note from your Mum, or anything like that. It's good to see you here.<br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 06:31 AM

Does baby oil count?<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.<br> Salvador Dali
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 06:52 AM

I honestly think that part of the reason most of the old school regulars don't post is because they never did. I've got a job, and it keeps me busy as hell, or at least on the phone for the better part of the day... so I can't write a lot, though I do drop in to read... also a lot of the discussion lately has dealt with MacCentral, which I'm just not interested in, so I haven't posted too much... and I think the rest of them never posted because there wasn't enough that interested them back when they joined... sort of a catch 22 eh?<br><br><br><br>simplex veri sigillum<br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 07:02 AM

I'm still here! I've been busy reading my new book "Mac OS X the Missing Manual". I want to be prepared when I finally get my new Imac. That is, when I can convince my honey that I really do need a new computer,<br>I'm really getting excited reading the book, sounds like it will be great to work with.(OS X)<br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 07:05 AM

I have that book, too. It has been very useful.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.<br> Salvador Dali

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 07:11 AM

iRock and Lori... is the book really useful? I've found that because I've been running X for a couple of months, none of the books I've read have enough meat... I like reading MacOS X hints to stay up with the latest... let us have your review of the book... (probably deserves its own thread in the X forum) thanks - john<br><br>simplex veri sigillum<br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 07:15 AM

I have been using OSX since the Public Beta back in Oct 2000, but I still buy the books to learn what I don't know.<br><br>I have OSX:the missing manual and MacOSX: Unleashed. Both are great! Highly recommend either one, or both! <br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 08:25 AM

C'mon now Mike - fess up. You've been out racking up miles on that new "baby"! That would be MY excuse - and who could argue?<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 10:09 AM

OSX Unleashed is a fantastic book. I love how most of the book is advanced stuff dealing with netinfo and all the Unix toys under the hood!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/11/02 12:08 PM

Look at TackyShirt, John.<br><br>Couple of small QT clips.<br><br>http://www.tackyshirt.com/day1sample.mov (647 KB)<br><br>http://www.tackyshirt.com/randomclips.mov (668 KB)<br><br>--<br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/12/02 02:59 PM

I did the same as you Lori. Prior to installing OSX I purchased the "Missing Manual" and read up on the new OS. It was a huge help to me.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Ah, that's better... - 05/12/02 03:10 PM

looks like a lot of fun... and something I'd be interested in, just because Dr. Bob needs more money I'm sure <br><br><br><br><br><br>Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.<br>-- Aaron Levenstein