How much do you spend on your internet connection?

Posted by: iraszl

How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 05:03 AM

I have dial-up at home and spend like 50USD/month.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 05:23 AM

$50/mo. for dialup? Wow, Ivan, it sucks to be you! I pay $44.95 for broadband. <br><br>Does that $50 maybe include usage or long distance charges? I'd hate to think that's your base monthly fee.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 05:25 AM

$25 dial up<br><br>[color:green]SEND...ME...G5...NOW!</font color=green>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 05:27 AM

About $50 CDN for broadband with unlimited bandwidth usage.<br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 06:22 AM

$23/month for broadband until Jan 2004. Then $46/month.<br><br>-/|/|att<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 06:26 AM

$35/month for DSL (768k/128k)<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 06:31 AM

$39 For DSL. <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 06:36 AM

$30 per month for DSL - that includes employee concession though. $49 for BellSouth straight up with no other discounts for non employees. That also includes a dialup with usual webspace etc.<br><br><br><br>Later,<br>Les
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 06:51 AM

I pay $45 for cable and keep a dail-up for travel at $16.95.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 06:57 AM

i don't pay for my internet connection, but comcast's website says that they charge this to my area:<br>Current Cable Customer- $42.95 per month if owned modem, additional $3.00 per month modem lease fee if leased modem.<br><br>i think it's about $60 if you don't also have cable tv.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 07:11 AM

i know, internet is very expensive in Bahrain<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 07:12 AM

$34.95 a month for cable<br><br><br>My Stuff<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lori on 08/04/03 10:56 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 07:31 AM

~$44 for cable.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 07:35 AM

Aprox. $20/month dial-up.<br><br>"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 07:37 AM

$40 per month for Cable Modem - no bandwidth limit, 3Mbps downstream.<br><br>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 08:09 AM

$29.95 for Time Warner RoadRunner cable, this includes a $10.00 per month Syracuse University discount. <br><br>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 08:25 AM

$50 / mo for cable.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 08:27 AM

US$35 for DSL.<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 08:33 AM

Hey, I've been there a few times. Very interesting city. I was there for port visits with the US Navy, but the architecture is amazing and people friendly that I was lucky enough to meet. I'd visit again. I thought everything that had to do with homes and housing was expensive, but that's just an outsiders perspective.<br><br>Later,<br>Les

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 08:44 AM

Yeah, housing is expensive, not much culture (in the western sense, like operas or exhibitions) and the weather sucks in the summer, but everything else is nice and you can't expect much happening because it's just a small country/island. People are cool. It's one of the few places you can still live a colonial era lifestyle. Not for long though. Changes are coming. It's becoming more democratic and more religious than before at the same time. In the seventies you could see women in miniskirts, now the dress code in generally fully covered. I like it here, but I need to get out for a few weeks from time to time.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 08:49 AM

Me too, Steve...roughly $45 here with Cablevision Optimum Online.<br><br>Problem is, the damn TV service just went up $10, so now I'm looking at a $90+ cable bill every month, including the internet service. Can't complain about the web, because it IS fast and pretty reliable since the early days when I had it...<br><br>But all I have is family basic (no movie or premium channels), and I gotta pay $50 a month? For what? Disney? The Learning Channel...? <br><br>Cripes.<br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 08:56 AM

$50 USD including broadband modem rental fee. Not worth it to own a modem where I live because of frequent electrical storms. <br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 09:05 AM

$25 a month cable. This includes a discount for my being a student/employee of LSU.<br><br>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 10:05 AM

Same here. $88 for seventy-some channels, and nothin' on! I don't even get Skinemax.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 10:12 AM

Prepaid dialup card = $27/month<br>Telephone dialup cost = $100/month + or - $20<br><br><br>WaleedsGallery - DigitalEye
Posted by: drjohn

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 10:28 AM

$125/year, tax included, for dial-up. <br><br>drjohn<br>[i]My photographs[i]
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 11:34 AM

And who's that cheap?<br>Let me guess, no, maybe not.<br>Who grants you such a deal?<br>Inquiring minds wanna know!<br><br>[color:green]People have died in their hundreds because the greed of a minority is accepted in the U.S.A.</font color=green>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 12:01 PM

Verizon DSL is $35 a month, not a bad deal.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 12:10 PM

39 for cable plus 10 for the extra line = 49 big bucks<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 05:24 PM

I just have basic cable no premiums. But when we moved from Manhattan to Brooklyn last spring, we got an unexpected free upgrade to digital cable. So our rate stayed the same, but we have zillions of channels. TV and Roadrunner (w/2 extra IPs) is a/b $105/mo.<br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 05:27 PM

$41.95 a month, Earthlink Cable Broadband via Time-Warner Cable's lines...no requirement to have any Cable TV, either. <br><br><br>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connect - 08/04/03 05:35 PM

I've got the same t hing greenme has--Verizon DSL.<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 05:37 PM

What I want to know is why cable TV can't provide users with a menu of channels rather than with a prepackaged bill of goods. I mean, do I really really need QVC? Or any of the other junk channels? If I didn't live is a place where you literally can't get TV without cable, I'd do without--and damn the kid's torpedoes at no Nickleodeon <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet
Posted by: drjohn

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 06:34 PM

[quote]What I want to know is why cable TV can't provide users with a menu of channels rather than with a prepackaged bill of goods[quote]<br><br>It's too high tech?<br><br>It's so they can enrich themselves even further. It's been a scam from the beginning. The original promise of cable was that there would be many more channels with NO commercials. And they have more excuses than they have channels.<br><br>drjohn<br>[i]My photographs[i]

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 06:47 PM

Channels that used not to have commercials now do--like AMC, which is now hopelss (even though they do put on Thin Man movies from time to time )<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 07:17 PM

The thing i hate the most is when a TV station doesn't have any real commercials, just commercials for their shows. Why must they interrupt my 4am cartoons? <br><br>

Re: How much do you spend on your internet connection? - 08/04/03 07:30 PM

Got dat right, dawg.<br><br>Thought I should use your favorite word there, greenme <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet