Next year's MW site

Posted by: yoyo52

Next year's MW site - 07/25/03 06:40 PM

<br><br>We got this pic from the ferry that takes you out to the Boston Harbor Islands--for a measly eight bucks! It's one of the great deals of the century (well, a minor exagerration), and if you don't mind swimming in water that's at about 50 F, you can also get a swim in. Really, though--a great deal all around. The kids loved it.<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/25/03 06:42 PM

Here are the kids lovin' it, by the way.<br><br><br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet
Posted by: iRock

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/25/03 09:54 PM

Yoyo I remember your dark haired son but do you have 2 boys? Or is that a friend? Looks like they enjoyed the whole trip. <br><br>[color:green]SEND...ME...G5...NOW!</font color=green>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/25/03 10:00 PM

The blond kid is a friend of my son's. We figured (rightly) that travelling for a week or so without a friend would not be cool.<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet
Posted by: iRock

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/25/03 10:10 PM

My parents always took someone along, too.<br><br>[color:green]SEND...ME...G5...NOW!</font color=green>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/25/03 10:44 PM

Well now, he doesn't look so bad?<br><br>I thought you said your son uses a Dell? <br>j/k<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 03:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the ferry. If I go to Boston next year, hopefully I'll have some time for some site-seeing.<br>Sounds like there are quite a few more folks planning on making the trip to Boston. Maybe a trip to the islands would be a good get-together?<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 04:36 AM

The inner harbor islands are a little scruffy, although they do have some nice picnic areas. A real fun day and not too expensive is to take the ferry (which docks a stone's throw from the expo center) to Provincetown.<br><br>Hey, donna can have everyone over for lunch!<br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 05:52 AM

I'm sure Donna would love having us all over for lunch. <br><br>I think it would be a great plan if we could all go out as a group to have some fun somewhere.<br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 06:51 AM

I haven't been back to metro Boston for years, but there are a lot of really fun places. Not quite on the same level as NYC, but then again, there's a lot of redundancy here, and sometimes the choices can overwhelm you. My fav 'hood in Boston is the North End. Mangia, baby, Mangia!!! <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 07:36 AM

Sure, the P-town ferry is also very cool. But that trip would take a whole day. Not that being in P-town for the whole day would be a bad idea, of course <br><br>The harbor islands have been cleaned up a lot, by the way. The whole harbor has. In fact, Boston was looking pretty good (although we never got out of the downtown area, so who knows what the rest of the city's like). It was Cambridge that looked scruffy.<br><br>One more tourist tip: if you want to be amazed at the extravagance and poor taste of the roaring 90's, take a gander at 75 State Street. You'll be able to tell which building it is because of the gilding <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 07:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>One more tourist tip: if you want to be amazed at the extravagance and poor taste of the roaring 90's, take a gander at 75 State Street. You'll be able to tell which building it is because of the gilding<p><hr></blockquote><p>I watched that monstrosity come to life.<br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 07:42 AM

Beautiful, ain't it <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 07:42 AM

My parents let my best friend come along when we went to Cape Cod on a camping trip. Many moons ago in 1963. Provincetown was the neatest place! <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 08:01 AM

Yeah... if you like boils. <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/26/03 08:41 AM

It would be fun to explore new areas. I'm sure no matter what happens, I'll enjoy it.<br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/28/03 10:49 PM

Lots of fun places in P-town. Comedy shows, female impersonators... That place is a trip. The female impersonators would have fun teasing you, Steve. I went to one show and you would have sworn it was a woman. Skin tight pants... Then he said, "I know what you're all thinking. Where did I put it?" That was exactly what everyone was thinking... <br><br><br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/28/03 10:53 PM

I'd love to have you all over for lunch. Who's doing the dishes? <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/28/03 11:01 PM

I volunteer my son <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 12:02 AM

I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that! <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 04:54 AM

Sounds just like East of Eighth! <br>(We just weren't there on the right night)<br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 04:58 AM

Actually, if we can all make it, a Sox game is in order (if they're in town at that time). Even if you're not a baseball fan, Fenway Park is an experience not to be missed. And after the game, dinner at Durgan Park (next to Fanuil Hall), where the steaks hang off the side of the table! <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 05:15 AM

Actually, if we can all make it, a Sox game is in order<br><br>Pffff... <br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 05:24 AM

The steak part sounds okay. Baseball? Not sure about that. <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 06:08 AM

Youse guys... I said in as many words screw the baseball part, a night at Fenway is the attraction.<br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 06:09 AM

Wazzamatta, DM. Got a leak in your neck? <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 06:39 AM

Never been to 'The House that Ruth Built'...? <br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 07:53 AM

Yankee stadium is an icon in it's own right. But Fenway is still the most intimate venue in the sport. Once you get past the $5 hotdogs and $4 beers (or whatever it is these days). <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 07:59 AM

Those seats gotta go, though. Way too narrow...<br><br>Probably because Americans, collectively, got a LOT bigger since 1912...<br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 08:29 AM

Aw, stop yer whinin', f@t@ss. <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 08:30 AM

Make me, bone-butt.<br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 09:39 AM

Gentlemen! Gentlemen!<br><br><br><br>Both of youse put your grousing where the sun don't shine <br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 11:15 AM

Bite my cheese stick! <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 11:23 AM

Kiss my bread basket.<br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 11:27 AM

Now that's just goin' too far! <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 12:19 PM

I'm going to Fenway August 22nd. The company I work for has hired a bus for us and paid 1/2 of the ticket cost. We'll be in right field. I'll be with a bunch of engineers drinking beer, lol. I hope Pedro is pitching that night! <br><br>

Re: Next year's MW site - 07/29/03 01:27 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I'll be with a bunch of engineers drinking beer<p><hr></blockquote><p>I'd be drinking boilermakers if I were with a bunch of engineers. <br><br>