not to start anything..

Posted by: lanovami

not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 03:53 PM

I don't mean to start anything, I really don't. But isn't open season on a particular poster about finished? I don't particular like it the few times he has picked out people with his comments, and I feel like I upped the ante on the guy with some comments I made a little while back (though I could be wrong). But by and large, he does little harm no? It's more interesting to have him here than not, at least for me. Enough people have been driven off for other reasons; we might as well enjoy the people we have now, regardless of our/their perceived faults.
Posted by: DLC

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 04:13 PM

Agreed, better to ignore if you immensely disagree…. or if it's a "non-statement" - like we already covered that ! grin

I for one have given up trying to convince any one of something that they just are never going to get. Mostly that includes my in-laws… but since they believe nonsense (Read Fux News) - they're "out-laws" !! laugh
Posted by: Celandine

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
I don't mean to start anything, I really don't. But isn't open season on a particular poster about finished? I don't particular like it the few times he has picked out people with his comments, and I feel like I upped the ante on the guy with some comments I made a little while back (though I could be wrong). But by and large, he does little harm no? It's more interesting to have him here than not, at least for me. Enough people have been driven off for other reasons; we might as well enjoy the people we have now, regardless of our/their perceived faults.

+1
Posted by: steveg

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 04:31 PM

Auditioning for Mod-hood, are we?

Didn't want to start something my ass. If I have an opinion, it gets posted. Don't like it? Don't fµcking read it. And especially don't be "suggesting" what content is or isn't Emily Post enough for you.

-30-

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 04:32 PM

Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 06:56 PM

If we ban-hammer everyone who verbally picks a fight with someone in this place, there would be virtually nobody left.

Most of us have known each other for 15+ years. We know how hot individual people can get, and we know when to leave well-enough alone. And most importantly, we know that once we cool off, we'll still be around (for the most part).

Of course, those observations don't seem to hold true when we're talking about the Soapbox forum. I pop in there once in a great while, but it usually only takes a thread or two to make my stomach turn before i go back to the safety of the other forums.
Posted by: bird

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 09:02 PM

Quote:
It's more interesting to have him here than not, at least for me. Enough people have been driven off for other reasons; we might as well enjoy the people we have now, regardless of our/their perceived faults.

Yes, yes and yes !!

frown
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 09:48 PM

Quote:
If I have an opinion, it gets posted. Don't like it? Don't fµcking read it.

Quote:
And especially don't be "suggesting" what content is or isn't Emily Post enough for you.

Might be the most ironic two sentences I've ever read here.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 10:02 PM

Quote:
If we ban-hammer everyone who verbally picks a fight with someone in this place, there would be virtually nobody left.

"ban-hammer"? Who mentioned anything about banning? And that was about as far from a "hammer" that I've ever read on a forum.

Heaven forbid somebody might politely suggest cooling it a bit on a particular poster ...

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/11/14 11:33 PM

Perhaps you haven't been following this situation..

This is NOT "FIGHTING"...It's "PICKING"

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 02:01 AM

Two variations on "mind your own business" is ironic? As the former Sen. from MA once said, Bqhatevwr.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 02:05 AM

You must have an extremely ticklish stomach, then, because the 'Box has been about as controversial as toothpaste for quite some time. smirk

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 02:08 AM

LOL. I guess you forgot who was banned from these forums for quite some time. And why.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 06:08 AM

Quote:
Two variations on "mind your own business" is ironic?

"I have an opinion and I express it. Don't like it? Don't [expletive] read it. And especially don't go expressing your opinion on my opinion."

Kinda like saying, "It's called freedom of speech, so STFU"

Yes. Irony.

Plus, it's a public forum -- what you choose to post on it is almost by definition the "business" of everyone else ...

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 06:16 AM

That's your interpretation. I don't see it that way. But I won't add to the wrist-wringing. Over and out.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 07:24 AM

I haven’t forgotten A THING

Pretty much the Same Scenario: My attempt to
put an end to you picking at your victim du jour
to systematically drive him from the forum.

Pretty much the same reaction on your part too:
You rabidly thrashing out at or threatening anyone
who tries to come between you and your prey or
daring to put an end to Your “FUN”.

I jumped on a live grenade in a desparate attempt
to put an end to your endless twisting, picking and
harassing of another member, because it was
causing my blood pressure go off the charts.

Is it any wonder at all as to how many members
made the choice to “just see themselves out”?

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
That's your interpretation. I don't see it that way. But I won't add to the wrist-wringing. Over and out.

Oh, WAIT!

isn't this the point at which the rest of us
stand around you in a circle prodding you
with virtual sticks demanding a response?

...in't that the way the game's played? whistle
Posted by: Jim_

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 09:48 AM

Let's all move on.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Let's all move on.

;-)
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 10:27 AM

laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: bird

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 10:49 AM

I love the way you think......

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 11:00 AM

You're killin' me man. smirk
Posted by: garyW

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 12:27 PM

I'll start something.

I look at this picture , all I hear is

Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!

laugh

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 01:11 PM

Let's all move on.

We'll "Move On"
when the Mods here
start Shielding Someone
other than The Raging Bully.

Otherwise, this topic will continue
to rear it's UGLY Head every time he's
allowed to single out members from among
us to cut down to make himself feel Bigger. smirk
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Auditioning for Mod-hood, are we?

Didn't want to start something my ass. If I have an opinion, it gets posted. Don't like it? Don't fµcking read it. And especially don't be "suggesting" what content is or isn't Emily Post enough for you.

-30-

I agree with Six on this.

I have seen some rude interaction...not saying that some isn't deserved...and I have done some myself. This place hasn't and will not ever change.

It's no wonder people leave. Here's some:
carp Last Online: 09/28/13 03:27 PM
I recall some harsh comments towards carp because he didn't "speak" clearly or something. And the person who was rude to him is still here.

Trog Last Online: 05/12/13 11:04 PM
I don't know what happened to Trog, but would love to hear why he doesn't visit.

Anyway, there are more I'm sure, like Michael, SRoss, greenme1, daddymac, Lori, etc. Don't know why they left but you gotta wonder if it was because of the meanness of this place sometimes.

I do want to apologize to Celadine for the past interactions we had. Sure, we disagreed, but I should have been more accepting of different opinions.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one

Plus, it's a public forum -- what you choose to post on it is almost by definition the "business" of everyone else ...

Actually, it's not a public forum. It's owned by MacTech. Ultimately it's at the mercy of Neil and if he decides to one day crack the whip or shut it down, that's totally up to him.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 01:48 PM

The only apology I want from you
is for all the times I approached
you in PM begging you to put an end
to this pervasive culture of bullying.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 01:50 PM

Six: I'm not suggesting that "banning" someone was discussed. "Ban-hammering" is my term for things getting out of control and a moderator having to step-in and tell parties involved to cool off or risk getting banned.

My point being, IF that were the case, a mod here would be the only one left because most of us have gotten out of control at one point or another over the years. Simply asking someone to cool it around here has been proven over and over and over to not work. I think *someone* involved in this thread has experienced this first-hand.

Celandine: No, I'm afraid I haven't seen anything that looks out of control in any way. I've looked at the Palin thread and found nothing out of the ordinary, nobody getting picked-on beyond the normal, everyday ribbing that we've always done around here.

Steve: My comment about the 'Box was more of a general statement. I've found I like everyone here a lot, LOT more when I don't have to read their political views - even when I agree with them. Though I must admit that I sometimes pop in there just to poop on the floor and pad my post count wink

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 02:58 PM

Vicky Victim returns. Again. Get some new material. We've heard this old crap from you before. And before that. And before that...

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 03:53 PM

Celandine,
Unfortunately, he feeds off of responses like that..as evident by the one above this.

AFAIK, we can't ignore a user...I wish we could...so in the mean time I guess just don't feed him. Ignore is the best option and while he continues, it just makes him look bad.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Celandine,
Unfortunately, he feeds off of responses like that..as evident by the one above this.

AFAIK, we can't ignore a user...I wish we could...so in the mean time I guess just don't feed him. Ignore is the best option and while he continues, it just makes him look bad.

+1

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 04:11 PM

Not that threads aren't allowed to morph, but in starting this thread I was not talking about nor implying some culture of bullying, rude interaction etc. There may have been more of a "culture" in the past, but those days are largely gone. I simply thought the ridiculing of one largely harmless poster had gone overboard. If the guy put up a spirited fight it's one thing, but beyond that he's just a punching bag. It wasn't just Steve, I myself contributed, which is the reason I brought it up. But hey, if you don't like my opinion, don't fµcking read it.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 04:13 PM

Hmmm.. I can only imagine that you must be referring to me since Carp and I had some go-arounds just prior to his leaving.
I never commented on how clearly he speaks... more about how he couldn't stay on topic as the conversation would heat up.
For years I let his comments slide.. ..till I finally felt the need to speak my mind and stick by it.
No matter what.. I refused to budge from what I felt to be the truth.

Yeah... it's a real sh!t hole here now since all the good ones left and we're such assholes in here. laugh

Marg and Phos are two more to add to your list.

Oh.. and by the way... I told Carp the same thing... just don't respond with your negativity to my threads and we'll be fine.
He couldn't resist.

If you are referring to someone else then I apologize.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 04:14 PM

not to start anything..

Way to go Lano! laugh cool

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 04:24 PM

[edited]
Wrote something and decided it wasn't really worth arguing about, so I'll just leave this in its place ...

A wise man indeed ;-)

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 04:49 PM

Not to end anything...

But, when the forums get this pussified that a non-kumbaya POV gets so many hankies damp, or when a strong reaction by one causes others to either faint or soar to new moral heights — oh, the drama — it's time for me to take another long sabbatical.

I can find my own way out, thank you...

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 05:01 PM

There may have been more of a "culture" in the past, but those days are largely gone. I simply thought the ridiculing of one largely harmless poster had gone overboard. If the guy put up a spirited fight it's one thing, but beyond that he's just a punching bag.

Okay, I get it. You're specifically talking about Musical Marv and his comments in the Box. Those of us in the thread may react at times dumbfounded, biased and annoyed by his simplistic political platitudes and cliches. At times he replies to us, often he ignores us. His choice to come or go. I don't see bullying, I see people here responding to the online persona that is Musical Marv. Who of us doesn't get poked with a short stick in the eye? Like good ol' Carpisms or the posters in the Box expecting me to include a chart or graphic with every comment I make. <bleh>

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 05:22 PM

"But, when the forums get this pussified that a non-kumbaya POV gets so many hankies damp, or when a strong reaction by one causes others to either faint or soar to new moral heights — oh, the drama — it's time for me to take another long sabbatical.

I can find my own way out, thank you..."

Did you cut and paste this one from your previous sabbatical speeches? Talk about pussified. I should have realized this would end up with you taking a break for a while again. I saw it building to the inevitable, predictable conclusion but was hoping you wouldn't pull the plug, too bad. Not to end something.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 05:37 PM

I don't know what happened to Trog ...

Carp, Trog, Polymerase, Mojo, ..... yep, miss them all and don't know why they left.

Where's Ethel (KateSorensen)? I miss her like crazy.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 05:52 PM

Dammit, Jim. I'm a moderator, not a babysitter!

Holey Moley. A little tense are we? [Edit] Not directed at you, Gary. I just clicked a button. tongue

I miss Kate too. Many of the old timers migrated to Fakebook, and many of them didn't like it there either.

Just like the confrontations in forums passed, I don't know what the big deal is. Say whatever you want. Don't like it? Move on. Seems pretty simple to me.

There are real problems to deal with, and online, playground bickering ain't one of them.

I'm only in it for the yolks, folks… Let's have some fun while we still can.

Kumbaya y'all.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW

I don't know what happened to Trog ...

Carp, Trog, Polymerase, Mojo, ..... yep, miss them all and don't know why they left.

Where's Ethel (KateSorensen)? I miss her like crazy.

Many went to Facebook because they didn't want their posts controlled by the man.

That's a big LOL.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/12/14 06:09 PM

Celandine,

You seem to have forgot who banned her and why, and who lobbied for her return and was told I'm responsible.

Also over the past year or so both you and JD have been absent for days/weeks at a time. I have no life so I have read every post. You don't get the gist of things IMO. I am on my biggest job of the last 3 years or I'd spend more time on this fiasco. I'd like to lock it to stop the polarity.

I already said move on but no one listened. Not enough of us here as it is. So we will.

Locked.

If you or JD feel it's worth beating this horse, go ahead and unlock BTW.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 03:40 AM

I unlocked, because I don't think it's up to you to decide when a horse is being beaten, nor when it is dead. Some of those people left due to dick moves like the one you just made.

You need to get a hobby–beside this one.
Posted by: Lea

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 04:03 AM

Seriously, Giz?

The time you've put into this place over the years? Minimum at best.

Chances are you've just run off the only guy willing to do the work.

What a fkin' waste.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 05:02 AM

Actually NG4, I wasn't referring to you. I had forgotten who it was and it didn't matter.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 05:02 AM

Lea, there are 4 mods here. We ALL put in time to delete spam and keep the place relatively tidy. But the comments about myself, and John not "putting in enough time" and "not being around much" in threads in the moderator forum have gotten old. Compound that with things like locking this thread, well, it's just gotten old.

I'm here quite often - I just don't post as much as I used to. We aren't being paid to do anything here, and I'll admit that I don't live in here like I used to, but it's a far bit more than "minimum." I'm not sure what "work" you're referring to, but rest-assured that if any of us mods leave, the forum will continue to run as it normally does.

As for the topic at hand, I honestly don't know what the beef with Steve is. I've looked through numerous threads, and I see nothing out of the ordinary here (which granted, may be excessive picking by other site's standards). I also find that threads like this tend to work themselves out in the end with a minimum amount of hurt feelings when compared to what some perceive as censoring by locking the thread. We used to discuss things like locking a thread in the mod forum prior to actually doing it. I don't even move threads to their proper forum anymore for fear of ticking someone off.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 05:10 AM

You seem to have forgot who banned her and why, and who lobbied for her return and was told I'm responsible.

Also over the past year or so both you and JD have been absent for days/weeks at a time. I have no life so I have read every post. You don't get the gist of things IMO. I am on my biggest job of the last 3 years or I'd spend more time on this fiasco. I'd like to lock it to stop the polarity.

I already said move on but no one listened. Not enough of us here as it is. So we will.

Locked.

If you or JD feel it's worth beating this horse, go ahead and unlock BTW.

There are things called PM if you want to hash this out, but you cut off part of my post. I apologized for my behavior.

And I agree with Jim, it shouldn't be locked.

I come here every morning that I can, which isn't much lately as I am busy with school, work now, and getting my son ready for school. I did ten times the work when it was just me.

There isn't much "work" here. Deleting spam isn't "work". I delete the ones in the morning that I see when I'm here. Where's my paycheck?

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 05:10 AM

"But, when the forums get this pussified that a non-kumbaya POV gets so many hankies damp, or when a strong reaction by one causes others to either faint or soar to new moral heights — oh, the drama — it's time for me to take another long sabbatical.

I can find my own way out, thank you..."

Did you cut and paste this one from your previous sabbatical speeches? Talk about pussified. I should have realized this would end up with you taking a break for a while again. I saw it building to the inevitable, predictable conclusion but was hoping you wouldn't pull the plug, too bad. Not to end something.

I was laughing at this today. Thanks! laugh

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 05:16 AM

Actually NG4, I wasn't referring to you. I had forgotten who it was and it didn't matter.

Ah..ok. I thought you said the person was still here.

I know you and Carp were good friends. Still in touch?

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 05:18 AM

I'm curious about Carp as well. I don't even see him on Facebook anymore. Walleed I see on Instagram and Twitter quite a bit, and many of the old gang are on Facebook. But Carp is nowhere to be seen.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 06:00 AM

Marg keeps in touch with Carp, I think.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

I called him about a month or so ago and it was strange. He was short and said that he was in a meeting and would call me back. Still waiting.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 08:05 AM

I doanwanna see ANYONE Leave...EVER

I guess that's my whole bloody point

Not wanting anyone to be made to leave
or being made so uncomfortable that they
find loosing their best friends preferable to
remaining in such an inhospitable situation.

At the expense of coming-off like Rodney King;
"Can't we all just get along?"

Word of the Day: Tolerance

Boothby4
cherry
distefan
FSM
G4Dualie
greenme1
HappyHippie
katlpablo
keymaker
Larry
Lori
polymrase
Shooshie
Treebeard
and yes, Katey too

I'm sure I ain't scratched the surface
these are just lost souls on my old "Buddy List"

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 08:16 AM

I called him about a month or so ago and it was strange. He was short and said that he was in a meeting and would call me back. Still waiting.

believe it or not
I've more oft than not
considered Marv & Carp to be one & the same...
...Dino's just giving the short-one a tug for larfs wink

*similar sentence structure and wotnot

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 08:28 AM

sorry 'bout the "pussifactation"

but it comes with the territory.
((old joke: "See? pink booties")) wink
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 10:13 AM

A lot of people left here, not because of the give and take of "attacks," but because of the rules and regulations that became and continue to be the way of the world here. Carp may be an exception, but he has also stopped facebooking, so it seems to be a general putting aside of cyber- for meat-space. As I said before, Marg (who's not on the list above, but who left because of the rules and regs) continues to be in touch with him.

My two cents about all this hoohaw: the only time I've been put off by stuff here is when I've taken myself too seriously. I'm something of a joke, and I know it--so I try to avoid doing that, but it creeps in from time to time.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 10:38 AM

I left for about a year because life got busy ... actually never left, just didn't take the time to post anything. Curiosity about this place is hard to shake, mostly because it's been an ongoing hobby with me for about 15+ years. Clinton was president and I had a Performa then, I thought KateSorenson was a babe and watched her best Joshua Thorpe. Insults were always tossed around, friendships were made, and people always left the forum with grand dramatics. All of it made this place like super glue. I see other long absentee members show up now and then, so I suspect the same curiosity exists with them too. Some chose to become active again, other's just stop by to poop and move on. And so it goes.

Posted by: MrB

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 11:24 AM

A forum I like a room with lots of people. If a person enters the room, and I'd made to feel unwelcome or is constantly being being belittled, he is going to wonder why should he go in the room in the first place. So he stays out

Dave

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 12:04 PM

I can play this game too.

If a person enters the room, someone so different from the group that's been there for years and years, someone who wants to engage with people they've never met and have very little in common with and indulges us in their own obsessions, what do we do? Brenna did that and we embraced her. That was a collective response and it was entirely due to her personality and the openness that she engaged with all of us.

Others chose to make their personalities known in the Box, and we know that's where personalities clash and that's exactly why the Box was a territory created to banish those confrontations away from the Lounge. You know we've had many ugly personalities come and go in the political Box, and most have learned that if you don't have a thick skin then don't complain and don't participate. Political debate & discussion seems to have always been 75% snark. I don't remember a time when it wasn't. If a new member posting in the Box receives some serious snark and they don't respond and keep posting and don't complain-- but others do -- then seriously, the issue doesn't seem to be with the assumed 'victim'. Carp was active in the Box for a long time and I enjoyed the debates with him. He was often on the defensive about his POV and he engaged and weathered the snark and sometimes came out on top. I don't recall threads arising about how we were all so rude to him.

If the new forum member doesn't receive the welcome you think they should because of rudeness and incivility, then it's open for discussion and here we are today. We had the drama of Steve's exit, what else? (locked threads or FB laugh )

Posted by: drjohn

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 12:31 PM

not to start anything..

grin whistle
Posted by: Nana

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 01:02 PM

The following use to be my sig.....

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one."

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 01:37 PM

While disagreements arise even between the best of friends,
it gets worked out one way or another, even if it's taking
a long-overdue break from time to time.

What I find objectionable is the singling out of a member
(...usually some newbie that makes a mis-step early on...)
who soon becomes the snark-magnet for another member.

doano...

...I guess it's the steady drip - drip - drip of excess acid
that eats away at and frays my nerve endings over time.
JHKriste, you can practically set your freakin' watch by it...
...the barbed hook will inevitably follow within 2-3 posts.

_________(lol "gee... where can I sign up?" grin)

Yeah, I "get-it" OK? bickering & good-natured ribbing, and
even the occasional "bench-emptying brawl" from time to
time is normal even in the best of "families" but to sanction
this practice of constantly picking at and deriding the same
member day in and day out by calling it "normal" doesn't
say a hellovalot for a forum hoping to attract new members.

edit 2 add
If, as y'all say 'this is normal for this forum'...
...may I sugest a head-count is in order...
perhaps "normal" isn't necessarily working out. whistle just sayin'

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

sorry 'bout the "pussifactation"

but it comes with the territory.
((old joke: "See? pink booties")) wink

btw... One can act like a man
without acting like a Caveman. whistle

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: drjohn
not to start anything..

grin whistle

You're welcome? I didn't see the "Extra Large" when I opened up the can of worms, cross my heart and hope to take a long sabbatical. cry
Posted by: Pirate

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

I doanwanna see ANYONE Leave...EVER

I guess that's my whole bloody point

Not wanting anyone to be made to leave
or being made so uncomfortable that they
find loosing their best friends preferable to
remaining in such an inhospitable situation.

At the expense of coming-off like Rodney King;
"Can't we all just get along?"

Word of the Day: Tolerance

Boothby4
cherry
distefan
FSM
G4Dualie
greenme1
HappyHippie
katlpablo
keymaker
Larry
Lori
polymrase
Shooshie
Treebeard
and yes, Katey too

I'm sure I ain't scratched the surface
these are just lost souls on my old "Buddy List"

I think HappyHippie is still alive and well....living in the an old school bus somewhere near Woodstock NY waiting for the church ladies to bring him some food ...grooving on da purple haze

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 06:18 PM

That list is in alphabetical order, too. Talk about thoroughness.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 06:46 PM

Holy SMOKE!

talk about *stuck in time*

The last time I heard from him
he was waiting for a part for his bus.

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 06:53 PM

...as stated
it was copied directly out of my buddies list

I set Kate's name separately as a kind of joke
since the last time I tried posting to her was
because I was tickled by a Johnny Cash song
that I wanted to share with her...
...only to find her gone. frown

"Katey too"

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 10:21 PM

Drama-rama.

They left here for FaceBook because they wanted freedom of expression and no rules.

From FB? LOL. How's that working out for the general public?

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 10:28 PM

Meh, I'm not going anywhere. I'll stick with my hobby here, harassing the ill-informed. grin

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 10:56 PM

"harassing the ill-informed"

HEY! blush

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/13/14 11:06 PM

Present company excluded. grin

At least it fills in time on these late night remote service calls. smirk

Re: not to start anything.. - 08/14/14 08:00 PM

I think she came up; anybody know what Btenna is up to?
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/13/14 10:18 AM

Well hell, I'll add my two dimes...

I (for the most part) left two reasons:

1). I was being threatened by an overly-officious moderator who'd "had enough" of the way I participated in the 'box.

2). Facebook came along at about the same time.

I don't like overly-officious people and facebook gave me the same sense of freedom this place once had ... so, wasn't a hard choice.

And I do miss the free-wheeling days here where someone could tell me to f'off and I could tell them to shove it up their 'a ss' ...and then share friendly comments on a different topic a few hours later.

I see it still goes on...but the overly-officious rules only applied to me...and as the saying goes: ain't nobody got time for 'dat.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/13/14 02:15 PM

Hey Matt! f'off!!

laugh

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/13/14 10:53 PM

I've learned to keep away from the "Box" even though, at this time there are lingering news situations that long to get into.

But know better. When they are mentioned there, I just say to myself, "Dave, just let it go"

Dave

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/13/14 11:11 PM

Let it go, turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they're going to say. Let the storm rage on...

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
I've learned to keep away from the "Box" even though, at this time there are lingering news situations that long to get into.

But know better. When they are mentioned there, I just say to myself, "Dave, just let it go"

Dave

That's a shame.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 05:10 AM

Snow Fun Going
when anticipating an
attack of the Hemorrhoids

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 06:51 AM

I guess what I find funny is people leaving for the short attention span theater "freedom" of Facebook, uh, yeah, right.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 07:05 AM

Obviously you are talking about me, I don't mind. People complain, I respond.

Hey, remember that time you were hot linking an image and it was pornographic? I had to take a screen shot and show you. Yeah, funny times. laugh

I never expected whining out of you Matt, I am surprised. As for the rules only applying to you? Yeah, well...them's the brakes as they say. Nowadays I couldn't care and in fact have been accused of not doing enough work around here. This place isn't what it used to be and I'm still surprised that it is still here honestly. I know a lot of forums just pull the plug when it gets on life support like this place has.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 09:03 AM

As I recall it, Matt got netted in the "Great Sock-Puppet
Round-Up" for making tasteless personal remarks...
...not realizing that no matter WHAT you call yourself
A Mod Can Recognize You By Your IP Address/Location.

For me, the line was crost when he re-posted personal
photos I'd posted in the Gallery Section of a forum
where we could trust each other implicitly with family
photos, real names and even actual street addresses.
AFAIWC his tasteless prank was a violation of privacy.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 09:13 AM

Quote:
Obviously you are talking about me, I don't mind. People complain, I respond.

Wasn't naming names, but since you stepped up, yep, it was you.

Quote:
Hey, remember that time you were hot linking an image and it was pornographic?

Nope. I linked a google image of President Bush but someone thought it'd be funny to change it to a racist image ... and it was Bryan alerted me to it. I Talked to Neil about it as memory recalls. All was good.

Quote:
I never expected whining out of you Matt, I am surprised.

Not "whining" John, just calling bulls**t for what it was. And that's the which-a-why I split. Being threatened privately under the guise of a "moderator" while folks like Poly were able to keep on doing the exact same thing? Yeah...bulls**t. But no hard feelings. Powertrips change people who aren't ready for it.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 09:18 AM

Quote:

Nope. I made goofy sock-puppets spouting overly agreable comments echoing the one-party backslapping of the soapbox. No "tasteless personal remarks" required or posted.

Quote:

Nonsense. Although I recall you photoshopping and posting a photo of me that was rather tasteless. But I have broad shoulders and others...thankfully...called you out on it.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 09:57 AM

Yo Matt. W/e. It's all water under the bridge. Come on in.. the waters warm. I got beer. laugh cool

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 10:34 AM

Yeah Matt, you were the innocent victim. LOL. I suggest you read back through your old posts. smirk

Come have a beer or three with NG and myself, fuggit about it, and move on.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 10:38 AM

Yo Matt. W/e. It's all water under the bridge. Come on in.. the waters warm. I got beer. laugh cool

I agree, it's not worth getting all worked up over dumb stuff like this website. Relax.

Wish I could but I have a midterm in about 3 hours, get out of class at 8pm then get up at 2am for work.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 11:29 AM

Yeah Matt, you were the innocent victim. LOL. I suggest you read back through your old posts. smirk

Come have a beer or three with NG and myself, fuggit about it, and move on.

Moved on and forgotten about it a looooooong time ago...as for the other thing, no victimology on my part. Just don't like revisionist history. Like I said, I loved it when this was a rough and tumble world...where we rolled up our sleeves and slugged it out...only it seemed like after a while I was being asked to dial it back, when others weren't asked to do the same...and presented as a take it or leave it proposition. Pffft! So I got the hell out. No problem. But I'll take you up that beer.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 11:30 AM

I'm on it!

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: MattMac112

Not "whining" John, just calling bulls**t for what it was. And that's the which-a-why I split. Being threatened privately under the guise of a "moderator" while folks like Poly were able to keep on doing the exact same thing? Yeah...bulls**t. But no hard feelings. Powertrips change people who aren't ready for it.

A few folks just asked "what happened to Polymerase?"

I assumed everyone was there the day both of us were
banned from this forum for insurrection ...and we
wound up in MacCentralCafe...
He was there about 1 1/2 years, then discovered G+ and
within a month had over a 100 followers... he invited me
but like I've said, I don't DO G-Mail, G+, FaceBook etc.
So I stayed in MCC, Poly pulled up stakes when he had
over 1,000 followers and circles.

point Is:
We weren't getting away with as much as you're portraying.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 03:03 PM

Quote:

Nope. I made goofy sock-puppets spouting overly agreable comments echoing the one-party backslapping of the soapbox. No "tasteless personal remarks" required or posted.

Quote:

Nonsense. Although I recall you photoshopping and posting a photo of me that was rather tasteless. But I have broad shoulders and others...thankfully...called you out on it.

The Sock-Post was referring to John's son., Dusty

...and you did post personal Photos taken from a
forum to which you didn't belong and posted them here
in what I felt was a threatening manner, as if to
prove that you were able to invade privacy at will.

That's when I said, "It was no more clever than having
your curb-side garbage rifled through in order to
obtain discarded bank statements etc.
...I even offered to arrange for a sample of my DNA
if it would help you find whatever you were looking for."
...Does THAT jog your memory? smirk

and it'weren't me what PSed that image... it was someone
else that you were screwing with here... but I do
admit to posting it for him since he'd already been
banned for losing his kewl when Steve was ripping
into Muslims (which is when "Cousin" Waleed left...
((Cousin: Jews & Arabs are said to be cousins, since
they are related by blood through Father Ibram (Abraham)))
Waleed didn't say anything, he just left quietly by
the back door... my friend, however went into slash
& burn mode... and I alone knew the reason, since I
alone had met his Indonesian Muslim WIFE.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 03:13 PM

I'm on it!

I figured the air could use some clearing as well.

For the sake of the remaining members and in hope of
seeing some that have gone missing filter back in...
...I'm ready to let bygones be bygones as well..

Raises a Frosty One:
"To A Kinder Gentler, More Welcoming Forum!"

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 03:22 PM

Quote:
The Sock-Post was referring to John's son., Dusty

I have no idea what you're talking about. My only spoof sock was "BLT" in honor of DLC. Otherwise it was nonsense left-wingy socks echoing the rah-rah-rah soapbox.

Quote:
and it'weren't me what PSed that image... it was someone
else that you were screwing with here...

I don't give a rip if it was you or Treebeard. You posted it. And I wasn't "screwing around" with Treebeard. So your feigning of "not guilty" is pure bollocks. Fine: Treebeard committed the crime and you drove the getaway car...but "not me, not me" is extremely insincere of you...But listen...I'm really not interested in your ghosts of twisted past.

At any rate...it was good to knock around here today...I haven't done it quite some time. And yes, I miss even you, you ol' Celandine you!

:-)

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 03:26 PM

Nup, t'wasn't the Bearded Wonder..
His wife is not Indonesian.
I should know, I'm God Mother to his 2 kids.

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/14/14 03:27 PM

Hey, guys. Things are good. Did I mention I love my new sub woofer now to test it out on a movie with serious booms

Watching that Bat Sh!!t Crazy, Carrie Matheson of HOMELAND tonight. If you missed last weeks you need to see how she relates to her beautiful baby .

They need to put her down. Carrie, not the baby

Dave

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/16/14 05:17 AM

Hey Matt, I think you spilled a beer once... you know, back in the 80s I think. I'm afraid I'm going to have to dwell on it and beat the shˇt out of you over it for at least another month or two.

You see Matt, your beer spilling has defined you as a person, and it precedes you entering a room now. "Oh look, there's Matt the beer spiller guy."

And look here white boy, Imma keep an eye on you... real close like. If I see you so much as carrying a frigging beer, I'm gonna remind you of the time you spilled the god damn beer. I'm also going to point out how nobody else has ever spilled a beer. Not in the 80s. Not ever.

In closing, welcome back you ugly beer-spilling S.O.B.!

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/16/14 05:26 AM

LOL. Well put. Always love to start the day with a laugh. Priceless. laugh

Re: not to start anything.. - 10/16/14 05:28 AM

lano started it.