Geography question

Posted by: lanovami

Geography question - 07/30/14 07:37 PM

Where is the Sargasso Sea? No googling! I will know! I have access to all your web cams and I can determine more than just your gender.

-this came up because I remembered an old Johnny Quest episode that toll place there.

Re: Geography question - 07/30/14 07:38 PM

Nuke! I saw that! :P
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Geography question - 07/30/14 08:19 PM

Always thought it was in the southern/western Atlantic, near Bermuda triangle area, Sargasso being some kind of sea weed that was hard to sail out of once a ship got entangled in the weeds, seas were calm...
Posted by: DLC

Re: Geography question - 07/30/14 09:01 PM

That's what I thought too !
Kinda synonymous with Bermuda triangle.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Geography question - 07/30/14 09:42 PM

Isn't it east of the Triangle?

Re: Geography question - 07/31/14 03:07 AM

Yep that's right. Though I like geography I couldn't place it. Thought it was somewhere more enclosed. Great name for a sea.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Geography question - 07/31/14 03:57 AM

Quote:
No googling! I will know! I have access to all your web cams and I can determine more than just your gender.

Hahahaha! laugh

It's somewhere between the Tropic of Cancer and the Equator, isn't it? In the Atlantic, I think.

I didn't do a search because, while I have no web cam, I figured you also work for the NSA and can view my comings and goings thru my television. grin

Now I can scroll down and find the real answer. smile
Posted by: DLC

Re: Geography question - 07/31/14 01:24 PM

I just thought you were being Sargastic !! whistle

Re: Geography question - 07/31/14 02:14 PM

As much of a geography fan as I am I was surprised I couldn't name a location. So I decided to see who else might've known after I looked it up myself. All the variations on the answer you guys gave are correct.

The Johnny Quest episode I saw portrayed it as a giant seaweed covered ship's graveyard. It left quite an impression on my young mind.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Geography question - 07/31/14 02:45 PM

If only Johnny had the Google. smirk