Who signed up......

Posted by: Nana

Who signed up...... - 04/15/14 05:16 PM

For the $1,500, plus tax Google glasses?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/15/buy-google-glass_n_5152068.html

You Can Buy Google Glass Today! A Few Things To Consider.
The Huffington Post | by Alexis Kleinman

Today's the big day. The one day that us "normals," who were not chosen to be Google Glass Explorers during the first round of beta testing, can get our hands on some sweet, sweet high-tech spectacles. We're here to help you make the big decision of whether or not to purchase a pair.

Starting at 9 a.m. ET, people in the U.S. can order Glass from this Google website. But before you do, check your bank account and (more importantly) take a long hard look in the mirror. Google Glass costs $1,500, plus tax. Do you have the disposable income? If so, is a dorky face-computer really worth it?

Say you have $1,500 that you'd rather not put towards a vacation or, I don't know, retirement. Now think about what it will feel like to be called a "Glasshole." Can you handle that?

Another question to consider: Do you live somewhere where you might get attacked or threatened for wearing Glass? There have been multiple people allegedly attacked for wearing Glass in San Francisco. The device has become a sort of symbol of the wealth divide growing between the tech and non-tech people in the city.

Thankfully, Google has changed Glass's look a bit recently and introduced more normal looking glasses frames, prescription glasses and sunglasses. Glass looks slightly less weird than it did originally.

If you do decide that yes, you want to live a new life with Google Glass, go ahead. You might have to be fast, because it's not clear how many spots are available. Just don't say we didn't warn you.

Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/15/14 05:31 PM

I'll pass on the Glass. tongue
Posted by: DLC

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/15/14 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
I'll pass on the Glass. tongue

WHY? you should get yours for 1/2 price !! whistle

wink

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/15/14 06:48 PM

laugh Yer killin' me!

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/15/14 08:01 PM

Glad I made you smile big guy !!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/15/14 08:29 PM

They still can't disguise that you look like a cyborg. I can see their use for sure, pretty cool tech, but it sounds like wearing them out in public may not be a good idea, for a few reasons. I read somewhere that there are complaints about the camera always at the ready. Yes, out in public you are allowed to film, it's public, but some don't like that it's quite a bit more stealth than using a phone or camera.

Went through and got an order in the cart. The cart total is $1710 before taxes, but they do mention that shipping is already included in the price of your order. LOL. I would hope so. Everything weighs only a few ounces.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/15/14 10:57 PM

Thanx 4 the LINK

I wound up ALMOST Ordering a $28.00 CAKE!

Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/16/14 04:03 AM

This is complete wacky to even contemplating buying this stupidity.

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/16/14 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
This is complete wacky to even contemplating buying this stupidity.

It's all in the eyes of the be-holders !! laugh
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/16/14 06:16 AM

If you hold a be you'll get stung.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/16/14 06:24 AM

be...utiful
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/16/14 06:34 AM

I like my women like I like my coffee …

;-)

Posted by: Nana

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/16/14 09:16 AM

That cake looks so good! YUM..YUM..
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/17/14 09:10 AM

$1,700+ to be a complete Glasshole. Unbelievable.

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/17/14 11:26 AM

Impulse buy…
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Who signed up...... - 04/17/14 12:06 PM

Love it. Thank goodness it didn't cost an eye!