Urban cow tipping

Posted by: Jim_

Urban cow tipping - 04/09/14 08:40 PM

Saw it here this AM, then here locally.

Maybe too much information is not a good thing. Copy cats.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/09/14 11:38 PM

I saw that. Interesting. Sorry to see this as now it will happen more often.

Back in 1971 in my early days teaching high school I drove an old 66 VW bug to school. I parked it on the street perpendicular to the entrance to our practice gym which had a half dozen steps leading up to the door from the street.

I came out of school one day after everyone had left to find my car parked on the upper level of the steps. I had left it locked up as usual, boys had to pick it up to place it there.

What did I do? I unlocked it. Started it up and drove it down the steps. Those VW bugs were tough

Dave

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/09/14 11:41 PM

Speakin of cow tipping. I never heard of it all during my boyhood. Not until I saw it in a couple of movies during the 80's or so. I don't believe there has ever been a single cow that has been tipped. Just a myth invented by a creative type for the movies.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/10/14 04:22 AM

One of my old chums in high school drove an Isetta to school most days.

Our Vice Principal was one tough guy and always up for one-upmanship when it came to pranks. So one evening, a bunch of us carried this thing up the front steps of Needham High School, through the front doors, and into the VP's office (he had a nice wide double door). shocked

We had hoped to "park" it on his desk, but it was a bit too big for that. So we just put it in front in place of the "perp chairs". laugh laugh

He never did beat that one, but he knew who done it, and we all got 3-day suspensions for entering the school after hours without permission. grin

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/10/14 05:55 AM

Hehehe.

I haven't seen one of those for years

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/10/14 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Speakin of cow tipping. I never heard of it all during my boyhood. Not until I saw it in a couple of movies during the 80's or so. I don't believe there has ever been a single cow that has been tipped. Just a myth invented by a creative type for the movies.

Dave

Just for you Dave.

Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/10/14 10:16 AM

laugh
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/11/14 03:15 PM

In 1960 we put a teachers Crosley on the third floor, good thing it was not a Chevy...just too heavy
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Urban cow tipping - 04/11/14 04:00 PM

Senior prank 1975, they lead a cow upstairs to the 2nd floor.
Evidently cows will walk upstairs, but not down.