Gravity

Posted by: Nana

Gravity - 03/12/14 06:16 PM

Movie was pretty good. Fantastic special effects as well as scenery. The only downside for me was that I was getting space sick because I actually felt I was the one floating in space. That was how real the movie felt to me.

Click to reveal..
Even when the space shuttle fell to the bottom of the sea, I was holding my breath along with Julia. I couldn't imagine surviving a space freak accident to have it all come to an end by drowning.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Gravity - 03/12/14 06:36 PM

Excellent special effects! I saw it in 3D in the theater. Felt and looked eerily real.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Gravity - 03/13/14 12:02 AM

I liked the movie. Just wish it was longer to develop more of the characters

Dave

Re: Gravity - 03/13/14 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
I saw it in 3D in the theater. Felt and looked eerily real.

I would have had to bring one of those air sick bags to the theater if I saw it in 3D. This is one movie I could never watch again. mad & cry

I was never scared of heights. After watching that movie, I must now be. confused The next time I am "down the shore" I am going on the tallest ferris wheel to see if I get dizzy. Better not try a roller coaster. eek

Re: Gravity - 03/13/14 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
I liked the movie. Just wish it was longer to develop more of the characters

Dave

Mr B there was nothing more to develop.
Click to reveal..
Julia - daughter killed. She dealt with it by driving & becoming a workaholic astronaut to take her mind off the death.

George - Dedicated playful astronaut who made hard work fun. Reason why he was space jetting all over the place while the other 2 astronauts were working.

Re: Gravity - 03/13/14 05:46 PM

Yes, I know, but lacked depth of character for me. Also , the time she was in trouble seemed condensed, to me. But, hey, it's just me, then. If everyone thinks it's was just right then Very good.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Gravity - 03/13/14 06:11 PM

I didn't particularly like the movie. It was very good on special effects, and that's about it.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Gravity - 03/13/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
I didn't particularly like the movie. It was very good on special effects, and that's about it.
My opinion too. Meh. Not one you'd want to see again to see anything you might have missed. There was nothing to miss. Totally FX.

Sandra Bullock breathing heavily, and in her underwear, was hot I guess. smirk

Re: Gravity - 03/13/14 10:47 PM

Agree on all accounts

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Gravity - 03/14/14 03:09 AM

Agreed. While visually way cool, it was, IMHO, an updated version of Sigourney Weaver in her BVDs (Alien).
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Gravity - 03/14/14 04:39 AM

Quote:
Sandra Bullock breathing heavily, and in her underwear, was hot I guess.

Crap! Now I have to see it. blush