SNW

Posted by: yoyo52

SNW - 02/09/14 02:51 PM

Another one. Not much, but another one. mad
Posted by: Jim_

Re: SNW - 02/09/14 03:42 PM

I knw. It's getting old. Somebody oughta do sumthin'. The exercise from shoveling has been good for me though. No heart attack from it yet either so that always makes for a good day.

Our residential backstreets are like rutted dirt roads. I go two blocks in the opposite direction I usually go just to get off the residential streets and reach plowed main streets. It takes me a mile out of the way but takes less time and doesn't beat up me and the car.

We have it so rough. Life sucks. cry wink
Posted by: Celandine

Re: SNW - 02/09/14 04:26 PM

You could always move to Horsetrailiar:

^ klk 4 story ^

...noice 'n' warm There!

It's in the 40's there
but that's CELSIUS 40
...Not FAHRENHEIT 104

Re: SNW - 02/09/14 08:13 PM

Australia has a tough tough climate.
Posted by: steveg

Re: SNW - 02/10/14 02:52 AM

Yep, another 2 or 3 inches yesterday. It ain't the accumulation but the frequency that's getting' on my nerves. And now, single digits and sub-zero wind chills again. My electric bill for last month was $344 all because of heat! mad

Confession: I've peeked at CL apartment listings in Palm Beach County recently. shocked
Posted by: Nana

Re: SNW - 02/10/14 10:21 AM

The 3" of snow that is on my car is staying there until the northeasterner we are suppose to be getting Wednesday into Thursday night.
Next week, we are expecting a heat wave. Temps in the high 30s to 40s. Will let the sun melt the snow off my car. laugh Car inspection is due this month. Next week will be the best time for me to go during the heat wave. crazy

My place is an ice rink under all this snow. Very very dangerous to walk around in. mad

Re: SNW - 02/10/14 12:07 PM

Yeah..
..dis SUX!

I've been even ore housebound that usual..
..normally I wouldn't mind..
but I have some very important things that need doing.

I'm still trying to get my life back from my recent move.
For one thing, I have to make a new bank account
so I can deposit enough to pay down my debts. (ASAP)

Re: SNW - 02/10/14 04:49 PM

I live close enough to my school so I can walk to work. So I haven't driven in a couple of weeks, except Saturday when I went to the grocery store. On the downside, leaving the car parked meant that the oil truck, when it came to deliver a load, backed into my headlight. The oil company will pay, but meanwhile it's a PITA.

Re: SNW - 02/11/14 05:16 PM

So now the forecast is for a foot of snow, starting tomorrow night and going through Thursday.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Re: SNW - 02/11/14 09:17 PM

Wow, we lucked out again, going to be south of us.

Stay safe.

Re: SNW - 02/12/14 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

Yeah..
..dis SUX!

I'm still trying to get my life back from my recent move.
For one thing, I have to make a new bank account
so I can deposit enough to pay down my debts. (ASAP)

I did all that banking, cc, etc. stuff prior to my move. I knew after the move, all that crap would have been placed on a back burner as well as the bills.
Prior to moving I also wrote letters to everyone to let them know payments will be late because of the move. Good thing I did this because I had no clue where I packed my bills. I thought they were with my other important docs. They all understood, re-billed me & I was not penalized for late payments.

I moved in Oct & I am still not on track quite yet. I am down to 2 huge boxes left to unpack. I threw crammed/squeezed them into a hall closet. "Out of site, out of mind." I think this next blizzard will be a good time to take them out, look inside, take a big sigh, pick out what I want & just trash the rest without looking back or take a second look.

Re: SNW - 02/12/14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
So now the forecast is for a foot of snow,
starting tomorrow night and going through Thursday.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

AAARRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!! IS RIGHT! cry

Posted by: DLC

Re: SNW - 02/12/14 04:16 PM

AAARRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!! IS RIGHT! youse guys and gals !!!

How do you match all those F-ing colors... !!!
And WTF does white mean ? "We don't have a F-ing clue?" laugh

Re: SNW - 02/12/14 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
AAARRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!! IS RIGHT! youse guys and gals !!!

How do you match all those F-ing colors... !!!
And WTF does white mean ? "We don't have a F-ing clue?" laugh

We CLICK The Image
to reveal the "Key" smile

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 06:40 AM

Coming down hard & fast, nearly sideways,
and under near white-out conditions. eek

The "'SNW' Event of the Season
has now went & become "A Nor'Easter" cry

Snow is one thing... but ICE SUX!
Prolly won't see the pavement again until
the robins return. frown

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 07:42 AM

We're at at least a foot and a half, and counting.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 08:22 AM

I'm knee deep in sunshine! laugh

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 09:02 AM

Dodged the bullet here. Sunny and 32. Possible flurries tomorrow, then warming to the high 40s/low 50s early next week.

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 09:15 AM

We're at at least a foot and a half, and counting.
You mean on top of what you already had? Damn!

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 09:48 AM

I'd need a periscope if I were there! laugh

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
I'm knee deep in sunshine! laugh

DOAN MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!! mad

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 11:22 AM

11"+ & counting. In a lull right now - heavy rain. Sometime after 6pm, another 3" is expected.

Can't see none of the cars in the p/l. Nobody cleaned off the 4" of snow from the last storm. laugh

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 12:05 PM

Same Same

Nobody cleaned the P/L
getting out for the first time yesterday
was like driving over bowling balls frown
no way it can be shoveled after this.

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 12:13 PM

It's stopped here now, but we'll gat the tail tonight, like Nana, another 3 or 4 inches. Check out the plastic chair.

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 12:58 PM

Looks like a soft, fluffy seat cushion. smile

mad ...box it up and send it to the MacBozo
Posted by: drjohn

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

Looks like a soft, fluffy seat cushion. smile

mad ...box it up and send it to the MacBozo

laugh

Re: SNW - 02/13/14 07:04 PM

SNWING again. Pretty heavy snow. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

And my school is closed tomorrow. Again. I've lost a week of classes already. I hate this.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 09:29 AM

Remember yesterday's plastic chair? It's up above a couple of posts. Well, here it is today.

Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 09:40 AM

Where? shocked

How can you people function in weather like that? eek
Posted by: Papa

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 09:52 AM

The rural schools around here are really hurting from the snow and ice. They have used all their built in snow days. I think they got one day of relief from the Department of Education but that is it. They will add days on to the end of the year. My grandson will not get out until the first week of June instead of the end of May and there are schools that have lost a lot more days than he has.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 10:00 AM

Sunny and almost 40 yesterday, so we got a wee bit of melting. But now, dammit, it's snowing again! I doubt it'll be more than a few flurries and probably little or no accumulation. But dang if I'm not over winter already. Blech. sick

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
Where? shocked

How can you people function in weather like that? eek
Slowly. Carefully. Life has to go on.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 10:39 AM

Don't clean off that chair just yet. Expecting 2-3 more inches Saturday. laugh

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 12:02 PM

I avoid the Weather Channel like the plague because every little storm is the end of the world for them. But . . . surfing this afternoon, according to the one talking head, the next storm is no longer supposed to be a clipper. It's going to turn into another nor'easter. Sigh.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 01:24 PM

Sheesh! What I thought a few hours ago would be a dusting is already close to 3" and it's pretty damn busy out there and getting heavier. WAAAAAAAAAA-WAAAA!!! cry

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 01:35 PM

The LandLord brought in a Snow Plow! smile

NOW WE'RE HOPELESSLY PLOWED-IN! cry
With All Those Bowling-Ball-Sized Chunks of ICE

Ted's flat-out refusing to even attempt it
and under the circumstances
I can't blame him.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 01:55 PM

We park on the street. My wife and I both agree that we'll be using public transportation from now until midsummer. Let me show you why.

That pile of snow, most of it shoveled by yours truly, is about 5 feet tall. Piles like that are everywhere. So if you lose your parking place . . . good luck finding a new one.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 02:20 PM

We park on the street. My wife and I both agree that we'll be using public transportation from now until midsummer. Let me show you why.

That pile of snow, most of it shoveled by yours truly, is about 5 feet tall. Piles like that are everywhere. So if you lose your parking place . . . good luck finding a new one.

This is what they do in South Philly

If you DARE to move the chairs so YOU can part there, you will be KILLED! It's in the Mafioso by-laws.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 04:01 PM

You do that here and you get a ticket--or shot. Take your pick.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Nana

This is what they do in South Philly

If you DARE to move the chairs so YOU can part there, you will be KILLED! It's in the Mafioso by-laws.

They do that here too.

On my way to my specialty Grocery Store
I spotted a gorgeous wrought iron patio chair
and momentarily mistaking it for garbage, I almost
hopped it into the back seat... until I realysed that
it was being used as a "MARKER" and passed it by...

When I came back that way to get on the Parkway, IT WAS GONE! smirk

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 07:34 PM

Must have got warm there today. The amount of blacktop and sidewalk clear is surprising for having that much snow. Our side streets and sidewalks are showing through finally after a week or so of having no significant snow.

Re: SNW - 02/14/14 08:07 PM

It did get warm. The streets are clear, more or less. But parking is the problem. We're getting more tomorrow. In case we got too used to seeing blacktop.

Re: SNW - 02/15/14 08:29 AM

So guess what's falling from the sky today here in loverly PA.

After this terrible horrible no good very bad winter, I am moving to Tahiti. Forget Australia.

Re: SNW - 02/15/14 09:57 AM

I was surprised to find that we got almost 5" yesterday. Fortunately the light powdery stuff, but the accumulation was unexpected. Mid 20s and sunny today with a wee bit of melting, but more snow coming tomorrow. On your way to Tahiti, look at the seat behind you. It'll be me.

Re: SNW - 02/15/14 09:59 AM

Forget Australia.

Indeed!
The picture I'd posted of The Flinders Range burning:

...believe it or else...
it gets so hot there that the VOLATILE Eucalyptus Oil
~ INSIDE the TREES ~ VAPORIZES

..resulting in a haze of the equivalent of clouds of
NATURAL GAS Waiting For an Ignition Spark which
causes thousands of hectares of both OutBack &
Cities to burn out-of-control for weeks at a time.

Re: SNW - 02/15/14 01:03 PM

Well, it's still snizzling but the storm is more or less over. It was warm, so a lot of it melted, but we must have gotten another 4 inches. It's godawful heavy stuff to shovel, though.

Re: SNW - 02/15/14 02:17 PM

??? "snizzling" ??? laugh

yeah... here too

Warm? Yeah, 38 here
~ but not to worry ~
it's already heading
back into the teens.

Re: SNW - 02/17/14 08:00 PM

So we haven't had snw for two days. You know what that means!

Re: SNW - 02/18/14 11:31 AM

We also got another 4 inches. Wednesday heavy rain expected, temps in the upper 40s. Hopefully, this will wash the 100lbs of snow already on my car & half way melt the ice encasing it.
Thursday we are suppose to have a heat wave. Expected temps upper 50s. Maybe I'll go out to see if I can knock down the 10ft high snow drift in front of my car if the rain hasn't wash much away.
I live on high ground, so no worries here about flooding.

Told the SO, prior to ice skating across the WW Bridge to rescue me, make sure I am the beneficiary of his life insurance. F%$k your kids. whistle

EDIT: IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!!!! shocked

Re: SNW - 02/18/14 11:41 AM

Almost 50 right now, and sunny. Lotsa melting goin' on. Supposed to top out at 61 by Thursday, and then gradually tail off back into 20s and 30s by next week.

Re: SNW - 02/18/14 02:27 PM

We had around 3", and now it's 38 and everything is melty. We're supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow morning, then plain rain. Don't you just love winter.