Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney

Posted by: NucleusG4

Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 04:57 AM

LOL... Hollywood strikes again!

http://politicalblindspot.com/how-a-wealthy-clean-cut-duck-dynasty-tricked-the-world-for-publicity/
Posted by: MrB

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 08:59 AM

Hehehe. We should have known. I've thought all along that anything that goes in front of a camera and is presented in a reality format is highly produced. From Pawn Stars to Storage wars to House Hunters to survival in the woods shows Snooki. Why would this be anything different I suppose. . I just never considered it because I don't watch it. I've researched some of these but not this one. I've watched the show about the extended family in Alaska, the one where the singer Jewal is from, and speculated about it because I'm interested in how they live but haven't watched Duck Dynasty. I have speculated about their beards, though, as the seem to be too well kept .

But this doesn't surprise me in the least.

I think everything that is on TV is scripted to some extent, even the news shows

Thanks for the link.

Dave
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 09:35 AM

Wow. If you really believe what that article said:
"The costumes are for show, the beards and bandanas are for show" then you are more gullible than I thought.

Those beards and hair would take a whole lot longer than one year to grow. Not exactly something A&E could just whip up for a show.

And besides, isn't promoting/marketing/growing your business a good sound financial plan? So what if they grew their beards, changed the way they dress, and got a tv show? If I could be that successful just by doing all that, you bet I would.

I certainly wish I had their success and I would bet you would too.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 09:49 AM

OK need NEW title change !!

WTF Dynasty !! laugh

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 10:13 AM

Jesus John.. calm down.
I'm "more gullible than you thought". Howz about you go f##k yerself buddy.

I think the article is implying that the beards and hair are fake.... not that they grew them.
(See Daves comment about them being so perfect...)

Anyhoo... who pissed in your cereal today?

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
OK need NEW title change !!

WTF Dynasty !! laugh

LOL.
It's so funny how reality tv used to be fairly real... then it was a bit scripted... now it's as fake as a fiction movie. Yawn.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 10:43 AM

This guy says it all in a real down south kind of way. eek

These fake MFer's make us real southerners look bad!

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Jesus John.. calm down.

I think the article is implying that the beards and hair are fake.... not that they grew them.

wow. me calm down? I was just saying that if you believed that article hook line and sinker, then you are pretty gullible. To tell me to go F myself...now that wasn't really called for, was it?

What I saw in that article is some person (the writer) trying to up their status/website counter by publishing something that they just made up. I understand having your own opinion about things and sure, people can write what they want, but your topic made it sound like the whole thing was the truth. I just pointed out the opposite.

Kind of reminds me of that state farm ad:
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 11:03 AM

But does he like the show? laugh

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Jesus John.. calm down.

wow. me calm down? I was just saying that if you believed that article hook line and sinker, then you are pretty gullible. To tell me to go F myself...now that wasn't really called for, was it?

What I saw in that article is some person (the writer) trying to up their status/website counter by publishing something that they just made up. I understand having your own opinion about things and sure, people can write what they want, but your topic made it sound like the whole thing was the truth. I just pointed out the opposite.

Kind of reminds me of that state farm ad:

OK.. John.. Polly Ann your original post down all you like.
No need for personal attacks and calling people gullible. And if you believed that show.. then you're the gullible one.
Quote:
To tell me to go F myself...now that wasn't really called for, was it?

Uh.. if you are going to come into my thread and tell me i'm gullible... damn straight. Go F yerself.
I don't buy anything hook, line and sinker. Nothing. I'm quite skeptical about most things.
Do me a favor and go back to not responding to my threads.. it worked so much better that way, eh?

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 11:51 AM

I don't know what your problem is. You have been acting this way since I came back and I haven't the foggiest clue as to why.

I said "IF", not ARE.
Quote:
If you really believe what that article said:
"The costumes are for show, the beards and bandanas are for show" then you are more gullible than I thought.

(bolded by me now to emphasize what I said)

Quote:
I don't buy anything hook, line and sinker. Nothing. I'm quite skeptical about most things.

Since you don't believe everything you read, then that statement I wrote doesn't fit you, does it?

But then, you didn't say that in your original post now, did you? Your title of "Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney " lends itself to think that you believed the article or that it has some credence.

So it doesn't qualify as a personal attack unless you truly wanted to believe that it was. And since I can't control how you read into things, you are just going to have to deal with it I guess.

But telling me to go F myself is most definitely a personal attack.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 11:58 AM

Quote:
If you really believe what that article said:

Really? That's all you've got? Semantics of just exactly how you worded it...?
Puh-leeze. You wiggle room on this is getting really tight.
I haven't been acting like anything since you came back.

After you threw your hissy fit and left the forum I tried to still be associated with you... but on FB your political hissy fits on my page led me to have to unfriend you. It was ridiculous.
Then you come waltzing back in here like it's all fine and dandy. Whatever.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 11:58 AM

Daffy Duck Dynasty.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 11:59 AM

Reboot.. feel free to just delete this whole thread. It's got duck poop all over it now. cool

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:01 PM

Ok, we got the cheese. We got the whine. Who's got the bread? whistle

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:01 PM

I can delete it but I don't think it should be deleted.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:02 PM

Yeah.. it's just all me and in my imaginamations.... shocked

http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...-8&oe=UTF-8

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:05 PM

No sht, Man. It's all just a pigment of your immigration. mad

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:06 PM

Go pl#ck yourself. grin

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:09 PM

Quack!

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:11 PM

Really? That's all you've got? Semantics of just exactly how you worded it...?
Puh-leeze. You wiggle room on this is getting really tight.
I haven't been acting like anything since you came back.

After you threw your hissy fit and left the forum I tried to still be associated with you... but on FB your political hissy fits on my page led me to have to unfriend you. It was ridiculous.
Then you come waltzing back in here like it's all fine and dandy. Whatever.

Ah..there we go. Truth comes out. Mad that I came back eh?

And my wiggle room? Did you even read what I posted? to use your own words: "who peed in your cereal this morning"? Cause you certainly let whatever I say crawl under your skin. But whatever.

Cleanup on aisle 5! - 01/03/14 12:22 PM

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:26 PM

John.. you give yourself too much credit. I wasn't mad.. I just stayed away from your posts.. if I read one.. I didn't comment on it, at least not to you, and not using semantics of how I wrote something to get away with it.

IF your mother is a whore... THEN you must be a real son-of-a-bitch.

See? There.. I used your words. Still insulting.

It's ok.. take 2 aspirin and go find a cool futon to lay on.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:34 PM

Quote:
Cause you certainly let whatever I say crawl under your skin. But whatever.

LOL.. because everything you say to me is designed to be negative. I don't like negative people. Sorry, just don't.

Oh.. btw.. the GOP has ADMITTED to voter suppression.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:51 PM

blush There's an animated gif in there somewhere. laugh

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 12:56 PM

IF your mother is a whore... THEN you must be a real son-of-a-bitch.

See? There.. I used your words. Still insulting.

Huh..you equate calling someone gullible with calling someone's mother a whore?

You could call me gullible all day but I wouldn't take it as such an insult as to equate it like that. Nice cheap shot though...I don't think I would ever stoop to saying that, even in jest. But I guess that's just me.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 01:12 PM

But, but, but... I'm using your logic.. I said IF.
Point was that you can dress up an insult all you like.. it still shines through, semantical wording and all.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 01:22 PM

Really? If I was going to insult you, I wouldn't hide it or disguise it in any manner. I have no beef with you, so why would I have wanted to insult you?

This is more like seeing more into what the other person intended and running with it.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Daffy Duck Dynasty.

Sch-lay !! watchet busss-ter ! wink [/daffy voice]

"hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot-hoot !"

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 01:50 PM

Sure John. You have stayed away from my posts and then all of a sudden there you are insinuating my gullibility.
Reread your post buddy... doesn't exactly come off as friendly.. or even neutral.
Actually.. ya sound pissed off. So, there we are.... nicely avoiding each other, then you decide to take a crap in here.
Back peddle all you want. It's obvious.
Heck, when Dave B said "I have speculated about their beards, though, as the seem to be too well kept . ".. why didn't you take him to task?
Is Dave gullible too?
Cuz you don't have a long running beef with Dave, that's why.

You could have said... Hey, don't be so gullible. But instead it's .. "you're more gullible than I thought" See the difference. Prolly not.

Seriously.. are you so gullible to not know they have fake beards in Hollywood?
lolol... oh man.

Re: Duck Dynasty = Pure Baloney - 01/03/14 06:52 PM

Ok, got someone else's opinion and they thought I came off too strong with the gullible part.

Let me apologize for that as I thought I was coming off as just saying, not as insulting. But I guess since an opinion of someone not involved in this I see how I could have come off the wrong way. Hope that makes sense.