And so...

Posted by: steveg

And so... - 12/31/13 02:30 PM

A very Happy New Year to youse all! smile I for one am glad to see 2013 getting smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror.

And now to pick up some Chines and hunker down for the rest of the Twilight Zone marathon! cool
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: And so... - 12/31/13 02:52 PM

What channel is that on?

I started my final year in my 40's yesterday
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: And so... - 12/31/13 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux

Whippersnapper! laugh
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: And so... - 12/31/13 04:21 PM

Happy New Year, Steve!
Posted by: Papa

Re: And so... - 12/31/13 06:24 PM

Happy New Year. My grandson and I started partying already. We had a rousing game of Battleship followed by a gourmet supper at Hardee's. We are resting from a series of games on the Wi. I think a movie is next on the agenda. Something to do with Transformers and Predicons.
Posted by: DLC

Re: And so... - 12/31/13 07:14 PM

Happy Nu Yar to all, you all !! grin
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 05:02 AM

Happy New Year! smile

Mrs. Stumpy and I had a couple of friends over, then my daughter and her husband stopped by.

Chicken wings, taco salad, shrimp dip, order-out pizza, and baklava for dessert.

Lots of conversation with some background music. My buddy likes The Moody Blues and The Stones, so we had some of those guys.

Faded out around 10:30. Tough to do the midnight thing anymore. frown
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 05:28 AM

UGH.
Went to sleep at 3.
Feeling it.
Posted by: steveg

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 06:42 AM

I switched to CNN at 11:55 for the ball drop, and then watched ome more Twilight Zone before crapping out. For me to stay awake in front of the TV that late is a rarity.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 09:23 AM

Ugh. Now drinking coffee. Don't usually hang so late... but was with some good friends.
Posted by: Papa

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 09:47 AM

I was awake at midnight but it was because of aging kidneys and not to bring in the new year.
Posted by: Nana

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
What channel is that on?

Syfy
Posted by: Nana

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 10:35 AM

Twilight Zone marathon is still going on! Must be a 48 hr marathon.

What's amazing is that I remember most of the black & white episodes & who played in each one. shocked

I New Yeared in with Kathy Griffin & Anderson Cooper. Spending New Years Day switching channels between the Mummers & Twilight Zone.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 12:52 PM

Happy New Year all. smile

The 9 mm celebrations around here started a couple of minutes before midnight and didn't stop until about 10 after or so. Just after midnight for a few minutes or so it sounded like a war zone.

Frickin' idiots.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 01:10 PM

The official white trash downstairs beat on pots
and drunkenly brayed like dumb jackasses they are
for a few minutes then got cold and went back to
their loudassed party for another 5-6 hours.

The black family next door let off 2 *Whiz-Bangs*
and yelled "HAPPY NEWYEAR!" to everyone & no one.

That's about as lethal as it got this year... smile
which was OK with me. I HATE ShotGuns... even
pointed upward, the pellets have to fall somewhere.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
The 9 mm celebrations around here started a couple of minutes before midnight and didn't stop until about 10 after or so. Just after midnight for a few minutes or so it sounded like a war zone.
Thought I added this, must have not hit Submit.

It was never this bad until this year. The hood here has changed a lot over the 14 years I've lived in this house. In the past few years there's been some 9 mm fireworks, but this year was insane. The police used the media to let the young wanna' be's know they'd be watching the East and South ends this year where it historically has been the worst.

So they all moved it up to the North end it seems. crazy
Posted by: MrB

Re: And so... - 01/01/14 03:30 PM

I watched Big History on the History channel

About as excited as it gets. No gunshots here. When I lived in Dodge, it could be noisy at New year. I lived In the "international" district. My TV room and computer was in the basement with no windows of a brick house. Not too much chance of an errant round

Dave