Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year.

Posted by: NucleusG4

Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/25/13 04:54 PM

No previous version needed.
Wow.

For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan. It includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available, 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration, and a Behance ProSite. And it's just US $9.99/month when you sign up for a one-year plan, but you need to join by December 2, 2013. Questions? See our FAQ and terms.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?promoid=KHQFP
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/26/13 04:56 AM

For a pro photographer, it's a smoking' deal.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/26/13 05:10 AM

It's about time Adobe woke up and started looking at scaled packages. I'm still on the 1 yr promotional subscription for CC — $19.99/mo for the first year (plus a bonus month for the sync issues they fixed recently). But after the promo is up, I'll be paying $49.99/mo. But I only use, ID, PS, and IA. I almost never use DW, and Acrobat Pro is not part of CC, so I wouldn't mind a proportionate package at a lower cost. Hell, I'd be happy to pay $10 or $15/mo less just to use my main 3 apps.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/26/13 05:26 AM

Acrobat XI Pro is included. I just installed it yesterday for someone.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/26/13 05:59 AM

Gotta agree: for $20/month the entire CC suite is nice to have, but like you, I only use 2-3 apps on a regular basis. I'm *not* looking forward to the $50/month scheme -- unfortunately the a la carte pricing is more expensive if you go with more than two apps. It really would be nice if they had a three-app deal.

But then again, some people do use more apps, and some use less. And obviously not everyone uses the same two (or three or four, or one) apps. So the sheer number of packages Adobe would have to offer in order to satisfy everybody may well be impractical. The simple solution would be to reduce individual pricing, but at least in your case and mine, that would have to be around $10-$15/month to be cost effective -- not sure Adobe would go that low on a permanent basis (as opposed to promotional pricing) ...

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/26/13 07:16 AM

You're half right. It is available in CC, but it's the same version as the standalone, non CC version, which, I guess is why CC isn't used as a suffix. I have the standalone version from a couple of years ago, but it's updated via CC.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/26/13 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
For a pro photographer, it's a smoking' deal.

Yes, but not for me, unfortunately, I need Illustrator and ID.. at the very least.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/26/13 07:49 PM

I always think I need Dreamweaver, but the fact is that I haven't opened it in years. All I ever use is ID, PS, AI, Bridge, and Acrobat Pro. So I would love a smaller bundle of CC as well. But it's probably not gonna happen.

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/30/13 04:27 AM

Some interesting CC minutia:

1. Acrobat Pro X1 is the same animal as before CC, but even though I have it installed, it doesn't show up in the Installed/Up to Date list in the CC app. pane, but rather in the list of available apps. If I click Install, it puts a new copy of the same app on my HD, but then a day later, disappears from the Installed list, and is again listed as available. Nonetheless it's on the CC Home pane as installed on the correct date. Go figure…

2. Adobe did not release a CC version of Fireworks, so when I transferred my CS6 license, I assumed I'd have to forego FW. No big deal, because you can create animated gifs in Pshop with only a few additional steps (and it's not something I do very often, anyway). But because FW CS6 still shows in the Available list, I just installed it, expecting to be required to enter a CS6 license #. Evidently, it's now included the CC subscription! Go figure that, too...
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/30/13 05:09 AM

smokin' deal for a year only. Then it goes up to regular price. To me this sounds like nothing more than Adobe trying to lure people off of the version they have that doesn't require CC so that they can get that regular revenue.

But then again, I'm no professional.

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud 9.99 month for one year. - 11/30/13 07:29 AM

It's no different than any other introductory offer. When the promotional period is up, you have the option to disengage if you don't want to pay full boat. But by virtue of the offer structure, it hints that Adobe may be offering value tiers in the future — not unlike the different suites/prices they sold up through CS6.