Grandpa!

Posted by: steveg

Grandpa! - 11/22/13 03:44 AM

Yah baby! That's gonna be my new name come July! Daughter #1 informed me last night that my first grandchild is "in the mail". smile WOOT! cool
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 03:59 AM

Congratulations! I am sure you will make a great grandpa. Don't spoil him/her too much.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 04:20 AM

Congrats!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 04:54 AM

Congrats Steve... now you're officially an "old coot" !! laugh

Seriously, hope it's a healthy child. Any preference for grandson or grand daughter ?
Either way you're going to have much fun spoiling them .

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 05:39 AM

My only preference is healthy baby and mother.

This just pours gas on the fire to get out of Dayton and back to Boston as soon as I can. But right now, I'm stick with a crappy RE market, so I'm wrestling with several strategies for unloading this place and lining up work in the Boston market and still being able to eat! eek

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 06:00 AM

Good luck, I KNOW what's it like to be far away from family.... especially when big events occur.

Want us to start a canned food drive ? laugh
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 06:46 AM

Congratulations gramps. cool

You already have the old grandpa attitude, this brings it all full circle. wink

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 06:47 AM

I'll trade the canned food for my condo. grin

I guess I'm luckier than some homeowners here. I'm not under water, and the market is such that I could probably sell for an eyelash more than what I bought for and maybe be able to cover the broker's commish, too. But the uphill climb is that in the Boston market, I'll have to pay in rent alone +/- twice what my current mortgage and HOA fee are combined. eek

So, make that canned CAT food, eh? cry

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 09:33 AM

Is that why they call it "bean town" ? You can live there but only afford beans to eat ? whistle

laugh

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 10:19 AM

Even the beans are over-priced. Besides, it's called Bean Town 'cuz everyone fahts wicked bad! blush
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 01:21 PM

Ah, nothing like that first g child. You will love it so much and entertain it royally.

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 02:13 PM

Yah, geography allowing...
Posted by: garyW

Re: Grandpa! - 11/22/13 04:00 PM

Grandpa. Zaydeh!

congrats Steve.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Grandpa! - 11/23/13 07:00 AM

Congratulations! smile
Posted by: Nana

Re: Grandpa! - 11/23/13 02:15 PM

Contrats to ya!

When I found out I was going to be a "grandmother" I told my daughter I was too young to be called that. Let the "MIL" grandmother be called that since she already had several grands under her belt. NaNa was born.

My mother (great grand) is called Great Ma
My father (great grand) is called Great Pop (GP for short)

InLaws
Grandmom
Pop Pop

All of us grands & great grands live out of state! mad

When my grandson was born, the other GM & I made a pact. We alternate summers & xmas for the stay overs. This year was my year for my grand son to spend the summer with me & for me to spend Xmas/New Years at his house.