Tis the season?

Posted by: Jim_

Tis the season? - 11/20/13 03:13 PM

Way too early, this is crazy. crazy
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Tis the season? - 11/20/13 04:12 PM

Take a week off of work for this?

You're right - it doesn't seem sane to me.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Tis the season? - 11/21/13 02:46 AM

With retailers like Walfart opening on Thanksgiving, we'll soon see that become the norm. So then someone will have to pioneer Black Wednesday so, y'know, shoppers can get a jump on the Turkey Buster sales. eek

One of my new clients is doing a twist on BF. They're five rare coin and jewelry shops in the Cincinnati area that do a huge business buying and selling scrap gold and silvery and diamonds. So they're opening at 4AM on BF so peeps can sell their stuff for cash before they hit the other stores to buy more stuff. laugh
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Tis the season? - 11/21/13 08:19 AM

Christmas sh¡t was showing up at Lowes and Target here in Phoenix back in September. It's getting ridiculous.

And people have absolutely lost their frackin mind… waiting in line for days for the latest electronic devices. What's worse is that studies have shown (multiple times) that the Black Friday pricing isn't really that great - and in many cases is no better than the price for something just a month or two earlier. The stores are increasing the price prior to the start of the holiday shopping season, then lowering it to what it normally should be - and people go bat-sh¡t crazy.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Tis the season? - 11/21/13 08:27 AM

Duuuuude… Embrace the urgency! laugh
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Tis the season? - 11/21/13 09:12 AM

My mom hepped me to that tactic when I was 5,
so I can only assume it's been going on all along.
Posted by: bird

Re: Tis the season? - 11/21/13 10:49 AM

bat-sh;t crazy people...bat-sh;t crazy prices....
horse and carriages ....the merchandisers know some of society are going to put the carriage before the horse laugh bat-sh;t crazy people will always make registers sing !!