One in a thousand shots.

Posted by: Jim_

One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 07:05 PM

My new avatar. I was taking a pic of Mikey (RooRoo, Mike-a-Rooney, morphed into RooRoo) laying on my belly and hugging me, at the last second he turned towards the phone, I couldn't have planned it better. That is his paw in the photo hugging me.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 07:19 PM

LOVE IT! smile

Although there are some folks
who'll remain convinced that cats
are incapable of showing affection..

we know better smile

Fritz D. Katt was "A BUMPER"
he was an alpha cat but he'd bump
heads so hard it would rattle yer molars! crazy

But when you'd been especially good
he'd reach up and pat you on the head.
(I'll never stop missing him)

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Celandine
But when you'd been especially good
he'd reach up and pat you on the head.(I'll never stop missing him)
The one I had to send across the bridge a few weeks back was a big time face smacker and mouthy when she wanted attention, she had really wide paws. Not a six toe but really wide paws for her size. Her dewclaw was pretty far up her paw, more so than usual and it webbed to the other 4 toes.
Posted by: bird

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 07:43 PM

Great picture, love RooRoo !!

laugh cool

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bird
Great picture, love RooRoo !!

laugh cool
Gotta' love him. He's big, strong, but a brick short for sure.

He used to be an indoor-outdoor, but would come home bleeding on occasion. He came home scraped from elbow to shoulder about 7 years ago so he is now an indoor only, except when he is able to dart out once a year or so. But in that case he's back at the door in an hour or so scared and crying to come in since the area is no longer familiar.

He is a special needs kitty. He can be walking across a table towards the edge and if you distract him he may walk off and clunk to the floor. Kittens do that but not 9 YO cats. LOL

Graceful is not in his repertoire. Whereas the big pawed kitty I mentioned was so sleek and graceful she could walk across a table of wine glasses and not knock any over, RooRoo just walks right through and leaves a path of destruction. grin
Posted by: lanovami

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 08:13 PM

Cats can definitely show affection. I had a number of cats that would lick my arm or my face (grooming) to show they thought of me as one of the brood. Not really a pleasant experience, but it's the thought that counts.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Gotta' love him. He's big, strong, but a brick short for sure.

He is a special needs kitty. He can be walking across a table towards the edge and if you distract him he may walk off and clunk to the floor. Kittens do that but not 9 YO cats. LOL

Graceful is not in his repertoire. Whereas the big pawed kitty I mentioned was so sleek and graceful she could walk across a table of wine glasses and not knock any over, RooRoo just walks right through and leaves a path of destruction. grin

Yar..
'nuther popular misconception:
Cats: "You seen one, you've seen 'em All!"

No Way, Jose'! shocked

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/10/13 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Cats can definitely show affection. I had a number of cats that would lick my arm or my face (grooming) to show they thought of me as one of the brood. Not really a pleasant experience, but it's the thought that counts.

YEESH! No Kidding!
Getting Wet-Sanded with 150 Grit Sandpaper! cry
Posted by: steveg

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/11/13 02:31 AM

Ha! You've met Junior, my 3.5-legged shelter cat. He spends the day in my office and all night on my lap. But 2 or 3 times a night, he crawls up on my chest and starts kneading his paws on my neck, purring like an idling locomotive. eek

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/11/13 07:58 AM

Yeah, Junior is a really good natured cat. It had been many months since I stopped by and he greeted me like we were old friends, wasn't shy at all. Very handsome kitty even with half a leg and tail, it just adds to his cool factor. cool

The rescues usually seem to appreciate being rescued, something about a warm place to sleep and a constantly full food dish I guess.

Oh, and I won't tell anyone here what a softy you really are at heart for putting a chair by the table that used to be by the window in your office so that he could jump up on it.

That would ruin your grumpy old man reputation and all. grin
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/11/13 08:32 AM

Great shot, Jim!
Posted by: steveg

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/11/13 09:14 AM

Quote:
something about a warm place to sleep and a constantly full food dish
Hey, that works for me, too! laugh
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 02:36 PM

I cherish your love of cats, people in this thread. I'm a dog person and real leery of cats.

But I love this picture:

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen
I cherish your love of cats, people in this thread. I'm a dog person and real leery of cats.

But I love this picture:

LOL on the pic, literally.

I love dogs too, all of Mother Nature's creatures, but if you lived in area where the winter temps drop to the single digits, you would understand the benefits of not having to take a dog out for a walk a few times a day for them to expel their energy, and other things. grin

Plus cats can be put put on auto-pilot for a few days for travel.

Why are you leery Timothy? smirk

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Quote:
something about a warm place to sleep and a constantly full food dish
Hey, that works for me, too! laugh
Yeah, and a pat on my head now and then also. smirk

I'll lob 'em up, you hit 'em.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 04:58 PM

LOL on the pic, literally.

I love dogs too, all of Mother Nature's creatures, but if you lived in area where the winter temps drop to the single digits, you would understand the benefits of not having to take a dog out for a walk a few times a day for them to expel their energy, and other things. grin

I don't suppose walking Fido would be fun July in Florida, Arizona or New Mexico.

My friend loves her bird, as did my mom and dad. I look on the internet for rescued dogs every now and then for one with a temperament suitable to a senior citizen with a computer and iPad appendages smile. Nope! Can't see the kind of dog I'd like sitting on my keyboard. I loved my Cocker Spaniel, named Springer. <-- And that always puzzled the Vet.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 06:02 PM

Quote:
I loved my Cocker Spaniel, named Springer. <-- And that always puzzled the Vet.
Okay, you had a dog. I take back everything I ever said about you. grin

A Cocker named Springer puzzled the Vet?

Speaking of <---. Where is carp?

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 06:04 PM

I look on the internet for rescued dogs every now and then for one with a temperament suitable to a senior citizen with a computer and iPad appendages
A sad part of getting older is if they outlive us who will take care of them when our last day comes. frown

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 06:08 PM

I look on the internet for rescued dogs every now and then for one with a temperament suitable to a senior citizen with a computer and iPad appendages
A sad part of getting older is if they outlive us who will take care of them when our last day comes. frown
I mean my brother has my password, a house key, and will clear my History, smirk but our living commitments are another story.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/12/13 09:11 PM

Plus cats can be put put on auto-pilot for a few days for travel.

Yerp..
..it's "THAT TIME Of YEAR" Again, Folks..

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/13/13 07:39 AM

It's easier to remove a cat from the jungle

than it is to remove the jungle from the cat.

If you can't accept that... then stick to dogs.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/13/13 08:26 AM

I loved my Cocker Spaniel, named Springer. <-- And that always puzzled the Vet.

If it's a rescue dog that came with that name
my guess is that some "tool" was dead-set on
getting a Springer Spaniel..prolly for Hunting
that he even NAMED it "Springer"...
...then got so disappointed when it grew into
a Cocker Spaniel instead that he dumpt it @
the Pound. There's no accounting for A-Holes!

THANK GOD You Came Along!

Justice will be served the day St. Peter has
to choose which of you he allows into Heaven. smile

Cocker Spaniels are MARVELOUS DOGS! Perhaps
one of the few breeds I'd even consider owning.

Posted by: Nana

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/13/13 11:17 AM

I must be the only person in this thread that has a cat from hell! The devil reincarnated.
Not affectionate
Biter
Declawed but knows how to use those back claws
Doesn't like to be touched

The vet suspects he's a feral. Not use being around humans or was never around them prior to being placed in a shelter. I got him from a shelter at 3 months old. He's now 5 yrs old weighing 17 lbs.
1st day home (devil in disguise)

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/13/13 02:43 PM

. . . . . .

Get him 'wasted'
you'll be surprised
how 'mellow' he gets.

. . . . .

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/13/13 07:49 PM

ROTFLMAOOOOOO

Catnip is out of the question. Been there, done that. Bootsie was literally flying around my apt. My SO was like, are you sure he's not a bat in disguise? laugh He's the one that gave him the stuff. mad

What does calm him down is grooming if you grab him by his neck like mama cats do w/their babies. However, since I moved, grooming has been out of the question. He hates the new place. Got the puncture wounds to prove it. mad Last night, I found out that my local Petsmart does cat grooming for $6 bucks an hour if all you want is a brushing. Made an appt for this Saturday.

I also am going to get him while I am at the store. I threw out the old one when I moved. I think it's why he hates the new place. No place to hide (he now jumps into the shower stall mad ) , lounge on a high ledge or sleep. He got tired of sleeping in a box while I was unpacking.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/13/13 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Nana
I threw out the old one when I moved. I think it's why he hates the new place. No place to hide (he now jumps into the shower stall mad ) , lounge on a high ledge or sleep. He got tired of sleeping in a box while I was unpacking.

Actually the best thing for an anti-social cat is to not give them anywhere to be concealed. Closets, deep corners under furniture, desks, or kitchen cupboards etc. Anything they can use for a hiding place. They must have nowhere to hide for a while. They need to realize that being totally exposed is no threat, and all the while they still have all of their comforts. Extra treats may help them feel secure.

This probably won't happen in a week or so BTW.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/13/13 08:35 PM

I also am going to get him while I am at the store. I threw out the old one when I moved. I think it's why he hates the new place. No place to hide (he now jumps into the shower stall
Do you have anything that still smells familiar? A bed or pillow of his?

The cat tree is good, he needs a place he can call home, but like I said above, if you let him hide, he has no chance of becoming social. We must try to break those instincts.

Some cats are just mentally challenged, like some people. My RooRoo is, trust me, he's lovable as hell, but a brick short as compared to the rest. See his mouth hanging open? He is usually like that.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/14/13 12:29 AM

hoo sed anything about 'catnip'?

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/14/13 12:29 PM

[quote=Nana]Do you have anything that still smells familiar? A bed or pillow of his?

The cat tree is good, he needs a place he can call home, but like I said above, if you let him hide, he has no chance of becoming social. We must try to break those instincts.

I threw out his bed. Didn't want that filthy thing in my new apt. He loves large clear plastic trash bags. He'll either lay, nap, groom or go inside to watch what's going on. Right now, I have the bag in a corner near a window. That corner I noticed he now claims as his home.
He does have a rubber ball that he bites on instead of me. Ball stays in the corner on the plastic.
No biting me = treats.

The cat condo will fit in the corner perfectly. The plastic will be at the base of the condo so his scent will rub off. This morning I let him roam the hallway outside my apt. He walked up & down the hallway smelling each apt door. There are 2 dog owners on my end. I left my door cracked & went about unpacking. I went to check on him 20 minutes later when I heard the dogs barking, & there he was just sitting outside the door looking like a perfect angel. He rubbed his scent on the door frame & sauntered right back into the apt tail straight up to his corner. Think I'll make this a morning ritual until he gets use to the place.

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/14/13 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

hoo sed anything about 'catnip'?

hehehehehe

I knooooow

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/14/13 01:30 PM

I threw out his bed. Didn't want that filthy thing in my new apt.
But he had it all broken in just perfect. grin

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/14/13 02:52 PM

Happy Kats Fantasy Forest

Re: One in a thousand shots. - 11/14/13 06:34 PM

WOW!!!! That is off da hook! If I had a lovable & affectionate cat, I would get that for him.
That is exactly why I no longer have my plant jungle. The first month when I brought my cat home, my plants were his personal jungle gym.
I had my plant jungle for 25 years. In 30 days all I had left were shredded leaves, cracked & bent stems w/sap seaping out all over the place.
For my new apt, my SO said he was going to get me a few silk plants.