Eli Stone

Posted by: Jim_

Eli Stone - 11/06/13 06:32 PM

Anybody ever see it? I had never heard of it but a brother gave me the 2 seasons to watch. Been through S1 so far.

Pretty good stuff. Sadly, I can see why it didn't make it past S2 but 2 Broke Girls got renewed for S3.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Eli Stone - 11/06/13 08:19 PM

One of my favorite shows ever. Fortunately, they had enough advance warning they weren't going to be renewed that they were able to end the series in a satisfying way.

Stellar cast and wonderful writing. I may have to go binge-watch it again ;-)

If you like Jonny Lee Miller, I'd also recommend "Elementary" wherein they do an interesting take on a modern-day Sherlock Holmes, with Lucy Liu as Watson. The writing can be a little shaky but otherwise a very entertaining show. Oddly, it took me a while to get used to his english accent -- his american accent sounds much more natural to me, even though he's native brit!
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Eli Stone - 11/06/13 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one
If you like Jonny Lee Miller, I'd also recommend "Elementary" wherein they do an interesting take on a modern-day Sherlock Holmes, with Lucy Liu as Watson. The writing can be a little shaky but otherwise a very entertaining show. Oddly, it took me a while to get used to his english accent -- his american accent sounds much more natural to me, even though he's native brit!

"Elementary" is Ted's favorite series.

He's also a HUGE Fan of "Copper"
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Eli Stone - 11/07/13 02:27 AM

Basil Rathbone was a great Sherlock Holmes if you ever watched that series with him.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Eli Stone - 11/07/13 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
Basil Rathbone was a great Sherlock Holmes if you ever watched that series with him.

SERIOUSLY!
I was an Old Movie Junkie growing up...

Basil Rathbone OWNS "Sherlock Holmes"!

That said... Robert Downey Jr.
puts an Interesting Spin on the Character.
Steps away from Basil's refined gentleman,
making him an unkempt, self-centered genius.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Eli Stone - 11/07/13 03:26 PM

So unlike you not to provide a link, Reboot. smirk