Oh the memories!

Posted by: yoyo52

Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 12:08 PM

Enjoy!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 02:21 PM

Pretty neat. I forgot that we had to click and hold on menus.

I remember when X came out I was bummed at first. I had Classic down pat. There wasn't anything I couldn't fix, then I had to retrain myself on a whole different animal, literally.

It all worked out though. smile
Posted by: steveg

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 02:32 PM

Seems like only two years ago — when I sold my Mac Plus on Craigslist! But I had only taken it as far as OS 6. smile
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 04:54 PM

Ha...I just happen to still have a screenshot of one of my old Color Classics running 7 (still have 3 of them!)

This is one from my old PB2400 running 9

This was outside my office when I was teaching in an old building about 11 years ago:

Who can forget the PoohBah days!

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Biggerfoot
Who can forget the PoohBah days!

Wow, now that's a flashback. cool

Waa waa waa waa…
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 05:50 PM

I want a hat.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
I want a hat.

Sorry you can only have one if you have 2 eyes !! laugh

Couldn't resist !! laugh laugh
Posted by: MrB

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 06:50 PM

Yep. Like the old days. I clicked on the link and Safari crashed on my iPad

Happens rather frequently now a days actually.

Dave
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 08:23 PM

I still have my SE30, but need System discs.

Very cool Mr. Biggerfoot.

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/01/13 08:51 PM

My Bondi iMac runs OS 9, still plugging away after all these years--15 years, I believe.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 02:09 AM

Some Macs just won't die. My Quicksilver G4, which I bought in November or 2001, was still running like a locomotive when I moved to a Mini two years ago. And the Mac Plus and SE 30 that I sold a few years ago were also still running without a hitch.

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 06:50 AM

I've got some, I could make floppies of the imgs and get them to you. Of course all it would be is install the OS, start it up, then stare at the screen wondering "what can it be used for now." grin

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Some Macs just won't die. My Quicksilver G4, which I bought in November or 2001, was still running like a locomotive when I moved to a Mini two years ago.
Now look at ya', how you've changed. You jump on the latest and greatest. grin

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 07:20 AM

Very cool Mr. Biggerfoot.

Still have my 512ke that still works as well as a Classic, the Color Classics and three color iMacs. Just can't get rid of them! They are tucked away in a barn loft now. I am careful about the batteries on the logic boards as they can leak when they get old.

I think I have System 7 and 7.6 somewhere but only have System 1 for the 512ke

Originally Posted By: steveg
Some Macs just won't die. My Quicksilver G4, which I bought in November or 2001, was still running like a locomotive when I moved to a Mini two years ago. And the Mac Plus and SE 30 that I sold a few years ago were also still running without a hitch.

I still have my 2001 G4 QuickSilver running 24/7 running my security cameras! I did have to replace the hard drive earlier this year and the FireWire ports do not work. I am going to replace it with a Mini IF it ever dies. I moved my old 1st generation Time Capsule to a bridge as it still is going too!

Posted by: Papa

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 07:43 AM

Doctor John still has the quill pen he used to sign the Declaration on Independence. He was using the last name of Hancock back then.

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 08:12 AM

Digging up old stuff is fun!

I found an image from 5-30-2002 for a Most Running Macs post:

...and a image from a PowerBook Army post (the Spongebob year) from 05-02-2003:

Seems just like yesterday!

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 08:19 AM

I haven't booted my 512Ke in a long while, but last time I did, it worked fine. And my SE30 still works well. The only desktop that stopped working on me was a Classic, and it was the HD that died on that machine. Laptops are a different story. I blame myself for the death of my son's clamshell iBook because I dumped a cup of coffee on it. But the old, old PB, one of the 20 pound black-clad behemoths, from around 1998, did die all on its own, as did the aluminum PB that replaced my son's clamshell.

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 08:31 AM

I am still using my TI-PB 800 to play movies that I ripped while on a treadmill. It works well. My PB G4 AL 1.5 GHZ still works but needs a PRAM battery and am too lazy to do that as it is just a backup presenter laptop I keep at work. I have the PB 1400 packed away somewhere but got rid of the others. I do not even have an Intel MacBook as I just use my iPad now.

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/02/13 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Papa
Doctor John still has the quill pen he used to sign the Declaration on Independence. He was using the last name of Hancock back then.
laugh
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Oh the memories! - 11/03/13 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Originally Posted By: Papa
laugh

I've found that bald eagle feathers make the finest quill pens. wink