Enjoy... wink
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Mo Juice! - 10/27/13 01:41 PM

Love it.

Get your meanin, demon.

When I hear S Philly and S Jersey people tawlkin' I really feel homesick. smile

Posted by: MrB

Re: Mo Juice! - 10/27/13 02:33 PM

I like dialects. I remember the very first time I saw the movie "About Schmidt" staring Jack Nicholson as an insurance underwriter from Omaha . The accents were really good. I never considered that my area had an accent but knew it did.

Dave
Posted by: MrB

Re: Mo Juice! - 10/27/13 02:37 PM

Had a student who had just returned from a year as an exchange student to Austrailia . I asked if they made fun of her accent. She said that teased her about the "rrrrs" that she "emphasized "

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mo Juice! - 10/27/13 02:44 PM

I hear ya on the Jersey nostalgia, too Kate. My mother is from the Bridgeton/Vineland area, and most of my surviving relatives on her side of the family still live in the area. I lived in Cherry Hill during the mid-60's and graduated high school there (and raised much hell in S. Philly while I was at it grin ). Probably the best times of my "yoot". grin

My maternal grandfather owned a real general store in Vineland back in the day, and I still have one lonely souvenir from his establishment.

It's nearly 80 years old and still writes. But I'm afraid to stick it in a sharpener. eek