next round naming: surf spots!

Posted by: ichi

next round naming: surf spots! - 10/22/13 01:35 PM

i suggest: Ibaraki
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/22/13 08:25 PM

Ibaraki Prefecture (茨城県, Ibaraki-ken) is a prefecture of Japan, located in the Kantō region on the main island of Honshu. The capital is Mito.

Posted by: Pirate

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/23/13 04:57 PM

When I get the urge to do some surfing...we are land locked...
I go over to the main water treatment plant around 3pm each day the cleaned water is let out into a creek, nice surge...you can ride it for about 300 yards before you hit the 8th street bridge and depending on how much water there is you might really hit your head on the 8th street bridge. Short board or boogie boards work best...old car hood...sheet of plywood...what ever you have

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/24/13 04:47 PM

Where there's a will, there's a way wink

Posted by: lanovami

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/25/13 12:34 AM

My father in law is from Ibaraki. Been there a number of times. Japan is not that big, if I kept riding the train that takes me to work further north, I would eventually get to Ibaraki. Mito, the capital is a nice place too. It is famous for natto (fermented soy bean) dishes. Yum. smile

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/25/13 07:57 AM

i Kate!
...and that's me surfing it!

but you have t Kate, Mavericks is the break's name (named after a dog).

so, ... :-)

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/25/13 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
When I get the urge to do some surfing...we are land locked...
I go over to the main water treatment plant around 3pm each day the cleaned water is let out into a creek, nice surge...you can ride it for about 300 yards before you hit the 8th street bridge and depending on how much water there is you might really hit your head on the 8th street bridge. Short board or boogie boards work best...old car hood...sheet of plywood...what ever you have

awesome! be careful!

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/25/13 08:13 AM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
My father in law is from Ibaraki. Been there a number of times. Japan is not that big, if I kept riding the train that takes me to work further north, I would eventually get to Ibaraki. Mito, the capital is a nice place too. It is famous for natto (fermented soy bean) dishes. Yum. smile

really, wow!
here are pics from the minshuku. we (our surf crew, two cars) went up there once or twice a year.

i remember in this next one, papa-san was explaining how the US fighter planes would fly, he was a zero pilot!

you got me going now...
here's me in Chiba (can you see the lime green nose of my board under the lip?

finally, my Niijima trophy!

my son was born in Japan!

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/25/13 11:06 AM

Nice pictures and story, Ichi.Thanks. I had to look up the name because I had no idea what the first post was all about.

Good to hear from you and about your time in Japan.

Posted by: DLC

Re: next round naming: surf spots! - 10/25/13 03:55 PM

Yeah - just don't pick Krakatoa as one of them !! laugh