You Know it is Really Fall When....

Posted by: Biggerfoot

You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 10:08 AM

This thing greets you at the end of your driveway in the morning!

It looks so bare now...next are the leaves.... frown
Posted by: Jim_

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 11:07 AM

If that met me at the end of my driveway the only thing it would be harvesting would be cars from the parking lot across the street. LOL.

That's still a better view than mine even on a bad day.

The older I get the more I rue winter coming on.
Posted by: SleeveTugger

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 01:06 PM

To me that's a beautiful sight. Fall is my all-time favorite time of year. Sure it's going to be cold and snowy soon, but that's a good thing.....that makes me appreciate spring all the more smile

This is Fall for me.

[img:left]http://[/img]
Posted by: DLC

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 02:02 PM

Hummin burds are gone !! cry

grin
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Hummin burds are gone !! cry

grin

Ours stay around all winter. It is our Willamette Valley moderate weather. Or, maybe they're just too lazy to make the journey wink

Posted by: MrB

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 02:15 PM

Aw, yes. Saw one of going down the local highway yesterday day pulling what looked to be a 32 ft header (the part on front of the combine that cuts the grain )

Expensive some of those are up around $350,000

Dave
Posted by: lanovami

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 04:07 PM

I actually like fall as summer in Tokyo is a muggy, sticky experience. But it truly bums me out that it gets dark around 4:30 pm. I get off work at 4:30 and something about walking home in the dark just depresses me. I talked to the gov't about some kind of daylight savings time. No reply yet. tired

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 04:29 PM

You are not kidding the combines and related equipment is expensive!

One nice thing after being surround by corn all summer is all of the new found open space!

Backyard from the last corn harvest:

Posted by: lanovami

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/10/13 07:23 PM

Where is it you live again Biggerfoot? I want to say upper midwest? Michigan? Sorry if I'm way off. It makes me homesick for Iowa.

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/11/13 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Where is it you live again Biggerfoot? I want to say upper midwest? Michigan? Sorry if I'm way off. It makes me homesick for Iowa.

SW Ohio. I live about 45 minutes north of SteveG.
Posted by: steveg

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/11/13 06:38 AM

I miss the Fall centuries my friends and I used to take this time of year heading out of Boston pre-dawn for a 100-mile bike ride into New Hampshire or a 150-miler into Vermont. Nothing like taking in the New England foliage at a brisk 20 mph pace. *sigh*
Posted by: Lea

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/12/13 04:42 PM

You know it's really fall down here when the afternoon temp doesn't break 90. Not to start that "snow rocks" "snow sucks" thing, but . . .

Hey, it's always Sunny In Houston* wink

*OK. Totally not true, but I love the show even though I'm not remotely interested in visiting Philly laugh
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/12/13 04:49 PM

Same deal here in FL. We get to turn off the AC and open the windows! Woot!
Posted by: Lea

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/12/13 05:10 PM

Us too, Michael. Folks who think where we live is too humid? Let's just not smirk too much about peeps breaking their backs shoveling that white stuff. Early spring and late fall? This house is sooooo open.

Honestly, you live in paradise. I just live on the Texas Gulf Coast. I'd almost trade, but I don't like the way FL attracts tropical storms. We can handle a lot of rough stuff over here, but what y'all have to worry about? I'd want to marry Bathtub Bob laugh
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/12/13 05:29 PM

As much as I grouse about the heat and humidity, I wouldn't change a thing. grin
Posted by: MrB

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/12/13 10:34 PM

They have said of the Kansas weather. If you don't like it , wait a minute.

Being in the middle of the country we get snow in the winter and heat in the summer with winds in the spring. There's a big difference between the west and east in Kansas with the east getting twice the rain. The west has more wind. Constant wind actually. So much so that trees lean to the northeast permanently.

Dave

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/13/13 05:56 AM

I just got back enjoying some of the early fall weather in eastern KY. Not a lot of color yet but a perfect few days to be outside.

Of course, I was greeted by a few of these signs:

Posted by: DLC

Re: You Know it is Really Fall When.... - 10/13/13 03:46 PM

As Bill Engvall says:

"Government is closed... Here's your sign !!! " grin