WOOHOO!

Posted by: steveg

WOOHOO! - 10/06/13 03:47 AM

Gas under $3/gal! shocked

There's something really really sick a/b that being worth a happy dance but there you are. Shell and Kroger partner in a Fuel Points program that knocks 10/gal off the price at the pump, and yesterday the Shell station near me had dropped to $3.07, so I pounced. But as of yesterday it's reported that oil rose to something like $120/barrel due to precautionary shutdowns of oil rigs in the Gulf ahead of Karen. And of course, I've got several meetings in Cincinnati this week, so there's at least one more fillup after prices jump again. Bleh. sick
Posted by: Pirate

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/06/13 06:36 AM

Gas has been hovering around 3.09 here all week long, that is down some 50 cents a gallon since mid summer.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/06/13 07:00 AM

IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT! cry

wait... that cain't be right... blush
Posted by: DLC

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/06/13 09:59 AM

DANG !! . . . beat me too it !! blush

Well if you listen to Rush, it's actually due to the Boehner shutdown !! laugh

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/06/13 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
DANG !! . . . beat me too it !! blush

Well if you listen to Rush, it's actually due to the Boehner shutdown !! laugh

...so when the price spikes again due to the Default,
THEN it's OBAMA'S Fault... grin gotcha'
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 05:08 AM

I STILL blame Dubbya!

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
I STILL blame Dubbya!

funny...
...I still blame the mad

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 06:24 AM

LOL laugh !!

Saw someone at First Monday (Canton TX flea market) wearing that "Miss Me yet?" T shirt. Started to stop them and say "Fsck NO !!" wink

But I think he infected the whole GOTP with the "stupid virus" !! CDC says there's no cure or vaccine available !! grin

Posted by: MrB

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 06:41 AM

One of the symptoms of the "stupid virus" is thinking other individuals are infected laugh

Dave

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 08:03 AM

...and yet another Sure Sign of the "Stupid-Virus" is Acting like
"Tea-Bagging" is a "GOOD THING"

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 11:17 AM

Is that Lipton or Teat-ley ? whistle
Posted by: Jim_

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 12:31 PM

We have Giant Eagle stores around here, they also sell gasoline. For every $50 in stuff at the store you buy you get 20 a gallon off. My cat stuff, litter and food, is actually cheaper there than anywhere else even without the extra off gas. With all of my cats it doesn't take too long to get to free gas along with my grocery purchases, and I do price comparison shop so it's not like I buy everything there.

They allow up to 30 gallons per purchase at the one use reduced rate, IOW if you have $4 in fuel perks and gas is $3.5 you have 50 left in gas discounts. One vehicle only but you can bring gas cans. Last week gas was 3.29 and I had a 3.30 discount. I filled up the tank, and three 5 gal gas cans, got 30 gallons for free.

With 30 gallons, every time I shop it works out to 12% off my bill in the end.

Edit - Sorry, I guess I went back on topic by not going political. Give it a rest once in a while, okay?

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 05:03 PM

Will do Chief... my apologies again ! blush

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 05:07 PM

Apologies Steve for hijacking your thread ....
Posted by: Jim_

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/08/13 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Will do Chief... my apologies again ! blush

BTW it was no threat to move posts or anything like that, it was just a forum member's perspective. I just get tired of hearing about politics out of the blue so often.

I know, it's just you, but it's just me that doesn't want to hear it every post. I try to chill out and forget about the mess now and then.

It's all good. smile
Posted by: steveg

Re: WOOHOO! - 10/09/13 03:54 AM

Damn your eyes, Texan! mad laugh