Treadmills

Posted by: MrB

Treadmills - 10/04/13 10:07 PM

I'm looking into getting a treadmill. I don't wantbto run, just walk. In looking at several on Amazon, there are some terrific horror stories about several of the models and even worse the customer service.

Any one have experience?

Dave
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 07:07 AM

I have had a Sole F63 for about ten months now.

It is the smaller one but it works just fine for me and my long stride. I needed to get one that had a smaller amp draw so I could run my AC in my fitness room at the same time. The F80 and F83 are nicer but I do not think it would have worked with my AC and gadgets.

I have had no issues at all. If you have a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter on the circuit, a treadmill will probably trip it.

I got mine on sale for just under $700.

I run on it for an hour. It does get boring so I have all sorts of ways to keep me entertained. I have cable TV, a ROKU, DVD player, and my old PowerBook for DVDs I ripped. I also have AC and fans for the summer.

Posted by: steveg

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 07:47 AM

My treadmill is my neighborhood. Anywhere from 2.5 to 4.5 miles, depending on how many streets I zig & zag through. Twice a day every day, except for really crappy weather.

Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
My treadmill is my neighborhood. Anywhere from 2.5 to 4.5 miles, depending on how many streets I zig & zag through. Twice a day every day, except for really crappy weather.

I miss being able to run outside. I used to run five miles after dark on the rural roads where I live. I was able to run by the moonlight...hearing something creep in the fields gets your heart rate up!

However, the crown of the road is very steep and it was really bothering my hips. Since my father had to have his hips replaced and my brother his knee, I figured I better play it safe.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
I'm looking into getting a treadmill. I don't wantbto run, just walk. In looking at several on Amazon, there are some terrific horror stories about several of the models and even worse the customer service.

Any one have experience?

Dave

<-That's ME on the Right
Posted by: steveg

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 12:33 PM

I can't really run too far. My knees suck. frown
But walking helps me keep my girlish figure. grin
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 05:42 PM

I live on the 7th floor and with all to often elevator outages I get to walk up and down the stairs...some how it is not as much fun as it would seem to be
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 06:46 PM

Hubba Hubba!
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Treadmills - 10/05/13 07:03 PM

laugh