Short video I shot this morning

Posted by: John Rougeux

Short video I shot this morning - 10/01/13 10:17 AM

Posted by: DLC

Re: Short video I shot this morning - 10/01/13 10:49 AM

WOW... very pretty snake John.
Did you use a video Cam or like smartphone like an iPhone 5S ?

I can understand your fascination with them..... not cuddly (unless you're a rat) but very unusual animals. I had an iguana once, Igor (after Young Frankenstein). He was pretty cool to have around.

Re: Short video I shot this morning - 10/01/13 12:11 PM

I used my iPhone 5. Can't you tell by the shaky video and out of focus? laugh

Thanks Dave. It is a very nice snake. It's hard to explain to people why they are so cool, but I guess it's like cars/cats/birds/etc to others.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Short video I shot this morning - 10/01/13 12:50 PM

Geez I didn't really notice... did you have the stabilizer on ?

Yep, everyone has different tastes... I once kept a tarantula and a praying mantis (separate of course)... just to observe them. Ended up letting the tarantula go after a month (fall approaching and I assumed he'd hibernate) and the mantis laid an egg case and died after about a week. Had that cage in my room over the winter and then one day in the spring I noticed all these little "things" in the cage... 100s of tiny mantids !! Took them all outside and released them - THAT was cool... I tried to spread them out as much as I could because I knew they'd eat each other. Was hoping to find new mantises in the yard over the summer. I did find some, but never kept any more... animals are just fascinating to me !

So you like snakes... not the 1st person to be mesmerized by them ! wink
But I will say you have a beautiful collection ! very colorful like tropical fish...

Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Short video I shot this morning - 10/01/13 05:47 PM

I'm not much on snakes, but that has got to be the most beautiful snake I've ever seen!

Re: Short video I shot this morning - 10/01/13 06:29 PM

Thanks! I really like him too. I have a girl for him...will have to shoot a video of her soon

Re: Short video I shot this morning - 10/01/13 06:31 PM

Dave,
No stabilization. One day I will get a tripod and shoot proper videos.

Btw, I dare not say how much they are worth...