The media can be so funny

Posted by: MrB

The media can be so funny - 09/29/13 03:10 PM

Saw the headline and thought it so funny

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50156073n

On cbs news site a headline teads "just say no to twerking" then follows with
"Sunday Morning contributed, Faith Salie shares her opinion on the latest dance fad and hopes if we ignore it, it will twerk it's way out of existence"

I say , that I had forgotten about it until she wrote an article about. Good for her to help us remember something she wanted us to forget.

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: The media can be so funny - 09/29/13 03:33 PM

Mr B.. you are several generations away from twerking.. and while you may have forgotten about... the youngest generation certainly has not.
Who knows where kids learn things.. sometimes from tv and sometimes from school. My daughter, who is not yet 5, has not seen anything about twerking in our house. BUT, last week while in a clothing store , she was grooving to the music.. and then just leaned over and backed her butt up to my leg and started gyrating. I was calm... but almost passed out.
I'm sure it was just a music video or something some kids at her private Catholic school were doing... but twerking is very much on my mind this week.

Re: The media can be so funny - 09/29/13 08:41 PM

Oh, no. Sorry about your daughter.

Dave
Posted by: Mejia

Re: The media can be so funny - 10/01/13 12:51 AM

I found a better twerking video))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI2YKkrv-ZU

Re: The media can be so funny - 10/01/13 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB

Dave

No biggie.. she's young enough to not know any better. Now.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: The media can be so funny - 10/01/13 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Originally Posted By: MrB

Dave

No biggie.. she's young enough to not know any better. Now.

That "Now" . . . WOW! smile

Re: The media can be so funny - 10/01/13 08:40 AM

It's a double edged sword. Kids today are soooo much smarter than we were at that age... but it comes at a potential price. eek
Have to be veeery careful.
I left the news on one day and went in the bathroom to shave. My daughter came in and sat on the bed unbeknownst to me. I came out while putting on shaving cream and she remarked to me that it wasn't very nice what was happening to those kids.
CNN had just aired the vid clip of the Syrian kids dying and writhing on the ground.
Good grief...!
I poo-pooed it as something she shouldn't worry about and quietly changed the channel to Disney Junior.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: The media can be so funny - 10/01/13 08:37 PM

If you wanna be really upset, Nuc, check this out.

Re: The media can be so funny - 10/01/13 09:46 PM

Oh, man. That's depressing.

Of course, that's in the UK. Thank goodness we don't have that problem here in the states.

Yeah, right whistle

Dave