Mac Design Forum Poll

Posted by: StanFlack

Mac Design Forum Poll - 04/22/02 08:17 AM

One of the Members suggested a new Mac Design forum and I would like to gauge the interest before proceeding. Thanks!<br><br> <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mac Design Forum Poll - 04/22/02 08:52 AM

Now that is a great idea! A forum centered around what the Mac does best.<br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Mac Design Forum Poll - 04/22/02 09:03 AM

Hay Stan!<br><br>I like the relatively small number of categories ... makes it easier to browse through them all. I started getting a little overwhelmed back at MC when they put up too many fora that were a little too specific for my taste ...<br><br>Don't get me wrong, though - I'd be happy to participate in a Design forum if one were created ...<br><br>Just MHO, of course =)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mac Design Forum Poll - 04/22/02 09:11 AM

I agree w/your point, Six, in the contex of MC. Sheesh, there are more boards there than shoes in Imelda Marco's closet. But MM seems to be a more balanced set of options, and there's probably room for another relevant topic or two.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mac Design Forum Poll - 04/22/02 09:20 AM

MacCentral has too many forums that are similar. I wouldn't want to see an OS9 and an OSX forum here... just one MacOS forum would do. However, a Design forum would be a welcome addition, I participated a lot in the MC design forum, along with Level9 and Alec... however GD was so popular that most of the other forums just weren't used. I hope that doesn't happen here.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Mac Design Forum Poll - 04/22/02 10:45 AM

In the interest of keeping high traffic better to keep a few forums. All it does is divids people time.<br><br>Why not talk about that here, people are already in this room?<br><br>
Posted by: NotTheOnly1

You're so full of carp! - 04/22/02 10:57 AM

No, seriously, I agree entirely. My suggestion Stan would be ONE forum period. All for one, free for all.<br><br>But that's just me and Ms. Davis..<br><br>Everybody has a heart. Except some people.. BD
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: You're so full of carp! - 04/22/02 11:34 AM

Oh nooooooo... the Full of Carp jokes are starting already.... and you thought you escaped didn't you Carp!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Holy Carp - 04/22/02 11:40 AM

No kidding just can't escarp that.<br><br>No I like the play on words it does not bother me at all.<br><br>
Posted by: Menikmati3

Re: You're so full of carp! - 04/22/02 01:17 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But that's just me and Ms. Davis..<p><hr></blockquote><p>...And M3!!!!<br><br>One forum, all topics... (with a few conduct rules, basically, don't do the same sh*t that ruined MC)<br><br><br>[i]the quest continues...

Re: You're so full of carp! - 04/22/02 01:21 PM

Hey M3 - I thought you were using the .png signature ... whassup?<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: You're so full of carp! - 04/22/02 01:43 PM

I have to edit the post after I make it to do that, because we can't use html in our sigs... and (unless I missed something,) UBB still won't recognize pngs.<br><br>Edit: png sig<br><br><image src=http://homepage.mac.com/shuriken23/.Public/s.png><br>[i]the quest continues...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Menikmati3 on 04/22/02 04:44 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: You're so full of carp! - 04/22/02 01:53 PM

I Thought html was enabled?<br><br>Maybe that's just for the bosy of the post and not the sig?<br><br>hrmmmmmmm ...<br><br>the .png looks much better, BTW<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>

Re: You're so full of carp! - 04/22/02 02:08 PM

yeah it's just for the body of the post.<br><br><br>[i]the quest continues...
Posted by: MachOne

Re: Mac Design Forum Poll - 04/22/02 03:17 PM

Just voted "not interested" Stan. While it's my job and I have a strong interest in design/art direction, I'm happy to see such threads appear here in the Lounge. I'll certainly praticipate in the topic where it interests me or I feel I have something worth contributing. Or even to just hijack the thread. Sorta just like what happened to this one. <br><br>If the majority speak and there's a perceived need for a Design Forum, I'll be happy to scope it out. I guess though, that the fewer fora one needs to search through, the better.<br><br>JMHO naturally. <br><br>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Holy Carp Batman!!!!! - 04/22/02 06:30 PM

<br><br>Sheesh, I almost missed a chance to post this....AGAIN<br><br>Gawd, I luv Photoshop....<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Holy Carp Batman!!!!! - 04/23/02 05:49 AM

cool avatar Nuke, may I call you that?<br><br>
Posted by: NotTheOnly1

Speaking of design-- - 04/25/02 04:08 PM

I remember someone asked about a new forum theme. If you go here:<br><br>http://www.macgo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41<br><br>You'll find a very Maclike theme that's also easy on the eyes and a little more colorful than MM standard without going gonzo (although some at MC would disagree, where I found this item.)<br><br>Do you rhumba? Excellent! Now pick a rhumba and sit down.. GM