Good bye Dexter

Posted by: MrB

Good bye Dexter - 09/22/13 07:28 PM

Holy freaking WoW. A good ending for the series. The final episode , IMO , is one of the best and certainly the best this year, as the episodes have been poorly written in my opinion. But they thought it out and it was satisfying.

Dave
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/23/13 06:15 AM

Click to reveal..
Really? I thought the ending was not very good. How did he survive? Him riding into the storm was stupid & predictable. The storm looked too fake.

And Dave, you didn't notice how calm the water was? And no wind or rain? And he was able to just take her body out of a hospital and nobody says anything? Storm or not, things don't get so crazy that the nurses don't notice the machine hooked up (monitors on the unit) aren't working, a man pushes a bed out of the hospital, and then takes her body to a boat.

Him showing up in the northwest as a logger/driver was weird...so new identity?

Is he still killing? I would think yes.

I would rather have him go on a rampage due to the loss and then get shot/killed by Quinn or Batista. THAT would have been a great ending.

Disappointed in it. This whole series lasted too long IMO.

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/23/13 06:35 AM

Yes, it did have those many things that I usually rant about.
But , over all I thought it fine
Click to reveal..
I thought the same about his removing her body! and before that! when he turned off the machines. That should have got their attention. As for the water being tame. I thought so too. I expected him to die, but putting him in the logging community, being alone fits his new resolve. And it allows us to think, that he will go on killing. Code be damned

Dave

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/23/13 07:11 AM

Click to reveal..
as the Green River killer?

Since he would have no access to police info, he would have to modify his code. But I'm all for a show like this to just end in the way I pointed above:
Kill the killer, show that we shouldn't have been rooting him on at all. Show his friends surprise and shock at finding out who he is.

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/23/13 08:05 AM

Would be interesting.

Click to reveal..
Maybe they could bring Angel and Quin or Masuka out to hunt him down

Dave

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/23/13 10:41 AM

Found this online...

Click to reveal..
Former producer, who left after season 4, had this as the ending he would have done:
http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/chill...-end-the-series

Quote:
"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.
"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.
"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."

Wow! now THAT would have been the BEST ending!

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/23/13 12:33 PM

No
Not satisfying to me.

Dave

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/23/13 04:18 PM

To me that would have been perfect!
Posted by: Nana

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/25/13 10:24 PM

Click to reveal..
I'm with you on this one John.

HATED IT!!!!! mad

How in the hell did Dexter swim back to land after riding into a storm? Did he have scuba gear & an underwater sub on board? confused

Dexter taking Deb out of the hospital without any one noticing, I can understand. All the confusion in getting patients to safety reminded me of what when on during the Katrina fiasco.

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/26/13 05:02 AM

Click to reveal..

I wondered about how he survived too until I remembered when he showed his boat to some guy to sell it and he mentioned about some life raft or something.

I watched part of the ending with my wife and she agreed...the monitors would have been at the nurses station too, so they would have seen it go off.

And again, after the fact, nobody notices Debra's body is just gone?

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/26/13 05:37 AM

Click to reveal..
all through the series! the show has been full of those bits that aren't accurate. You know those things that I rant about sometimes. But this season has been rife with them. Laughable at times. Like the many times Dexter cones into a home, to search, and after a couple of look sees he finds exactly what he needs to learn about the culprit. How he has been able to jump around the city of Miami so quickly. How he is so easily able to look in a perps computer to find the information he needs

Like this season, he looked into saxon's computer so quickly finding the videos of the guys kills. How h so quickly knew what file to open.

Also there was a season when Quin was on to Dexter and tried to expose him. Dexter almost killed him but didn't. How Quin has forgotten all about that.

This season Dexter and Hannah stressed on the way to get her out of Miami since the police, elway, and the Marshal was looking for her having the airport covered. I was sitting here, yelling " get in your stinking car and drive her out. For Gods sake or get in your sea worthy boat and just go" . It was like they didn't think of anything. In the end they did put her on the bus so they did realize there were roads out of Miami.

Why was a Deputy Marshall doing investigative work, anyway. I didn't think they did that. Would they work alone?
Why wasn't Deb wearing a vest? Don't they have them in Miami?

But what I thought satisfying was the ending parts.

Deb Dying: I had envision this sometime back. Even more than Dexter. They did have a couple scenes with Dexter and Deb expressing how they felt about each other, which I felt was closure for her dying.

Dexter driving into the storm: when they first brought the storm into to the picture, I thought this might have something to do with the ending. Fitting that he just aims his boat into the storm letting it do it's work. As for his living through this. Also satisfying as it leaves it open for further development . It was mentioned someplace else that he had mentioned that he had installed a good life raft on his boat. Me. I think he's done. What's not so satisfying was leaving Harrison with Hannah. She has proven that she sees no problem with killing someone who she deems is in her way to getting something she wants. She has done this all her life. So Harrison is living on borrowed time.

I would have liked Masukas daughter to have had some relevance. I'm glad Angel made it through as he was the only character I've liked

Posted by: Mejia

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/26/13 05:57 AM

The last episodes were getting worse in terms of plot (I was thinking like wow Dexter, you used to be so smart, what happened to you? You are stupid!) but the finale was absolutely gorgeous.

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/26/13 07:01 AM

ok, wrong thread! duh..

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/26/13 11:10 AM

The show was getting long in the tooth. And this year I was just waiting for it to quit.

He should have killed Hannah for starters.

Dave

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/26/13 11:15 AM

Oh, and another thing. This season they had Hannah running from everyone. But she never even tried to change her appearance . A dye job cost very little and cutting of hair is quick. And for Pete's Saki wear something that doesn't get the attention of everyone . But no, here she was walking around with tight short dresses and blonde hair and heeled shoes. GMAB

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Good bye Dexter - 09/26/13 06:30 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Why Dexter was so in-thralled with her.
Click to reveal..
Never underestimate the power of the pu$$y. You men will never learn. Then again........ whistle