iOS 7 anyone.

Posted by: MrB

iOS 7 anyone. - 09/19/13 10:10 PM

Loaded it on my iPad 3 without a hitch.
I like it but think some things appear to be a bit slower. Safari for example.

But I do like the look

Dave
Posted by: lanovami

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 03:05 AM

Not sure I how I like the look if the icons but it sure is snappier and most of the apps have a nicer GUI.

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 03:07 AM

Sadly it appears my iPod is too old for 7 but you can't have everything. I use my iPod and iPhone equally so I will have plenty of chances to compare.
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 05:17 AM

I have it on my 4S and iPad 2. It works well but I did notice things are a little more sluggish on the iPad 2.

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 06:33 AM

Bummer. I have been waiting for my son to get home to browbeat him into putting 7 on his iPad 2 - as I was enjoying the experience enough on my iPhone 4. I may hold off. He already complains about his iPad 2's responsiveness.
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 07:02 AM

One thing that's really nice is that on an iPad (Mini), the apps that are iPhone-only now have much-improved rendering when displayed at 2x size. This may only be the ones that have been made ios7 ready.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Biggerfoot
I have it on my 4S and iPad 2. It works well but I did notice things are a little more sluggish on the iPad 2.

I have the iPad 4 and 2 both with iOS7. While the 2 may have taken a second to load something over the 4, I take that as the difference in processor. My iPad 4 better be faster than the 2!

But, I don't see any of the sluggishness you say yours have. What apps? I would like to compare. I did have both sitting next to each other and opened up the same apps and did things in the app. no real difference.

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 07:35 AM

Unless, I hear from others, I think I won't install on my iPhone 4. I don't use it much for anything but calling.

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 10:16 AM

I installed it on my iPhone 4GS and I did NOT like the new "default" look. Had to change the background because it was too light and the icons were hard on the eyes to see. Better with darker background, but I'd like to change the icons and folders too but don't know if I can... suggestions any one?

Speed- don't see a difference. But then the 4GS is not a speed demon. Wife is getting a 5C today- I'll let ya know.

Pluses: voice to text is much better.
Siri is supposed to be better but haven't tried.
Haven't checked out all the apps yet... mail, and browser seem the same with "new look". Some apps have also changed appearance when opened (stock App)... too early to say better, same, or worse.

At this point- I'd say it's OK (+s and -s)... time will tell.
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Bummer. I have been waiting for my son to get home to browbeat him into putting 7 on his iPad 2 - as I was enjoying the experience enough on my iPhone 4. I may hold off. He already complains about his iPad 2's responsiveness.

For me, the speed difference is not a deal breaker for OS 7. It is a 2 + year old machine and am happy it will run it. I would install it again if I had too.

The only thing I do not like or maybe have not figured it out, is that you can no longer limit the number emails (like 50 per account, etc.).

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/20/13 11:01 AM

One issue of Safari I like better is that the top border is wider so it peaks out from my Saddleback leather iPad case. So I more easily tap it to get back to the top of the page.

I wish I had the various swipes and controls down better.

Dabe
Posted by: garyW

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/22/13 11:49 AM

Loaded onto my iPad2 easily. I like the dynamic wallpaper effect. Speed seems exactly the same.

My only complaint at this point is is with the Music app. seems to have lost a lot of options and is too sparse. Maybe it's better in the iPhone format, but on iPad it's just 90% white screen. I find the radio/playlist/song/artist…compilations icons on the bottom to be really annoying. I don't understand why they always have to be there. I used to keep the tiled album art as my default, and liked the album selection to come up with the black background with song list …. none of that is in iOS7. I miss veiw by album art.

update, I found this: http://www.macworld.com/article/2048977/get-to-know-ios-7-music-and-itunes-radio.html

Seems there are ways to get the album art larger with the song list but I can't get it to work. Also, iTunes Radio is pretty damn cool.

Posted by: Mac007

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/27/13 03:33 AM

I loaded it onto my iPad mini and all I can say is it looks better on the iPhone.
Posted by: garyW

Re: iOS 7 anyone. - 09/29/13 04:32 PM

Okay, I've given it some time. I've read through every thread on Apple support community discussion on the Music App. I've reached my conclusion.

Apple blew it with the Music app. It sucks and need some help quick!

All of these problems did not exist prior to iOS7.

My primary use of my iPad is listening to my music. The previous iOS iTunes app was perfect for my music obsession, the mobility at home with easy access to all my music and web browsing in the bedroom, study or patio -- usually through shared library to my MacPro, using headphone or hooking it up to my home stereo. My MacPro iTunes library is approx 120GB and is perfectly organized and every song has the perfect album art associated with it . There's nothing missing, the artwork displayed beautifully on the iPad when selected in grid format and highlights large with the song listing. A small selection of the iTunes albums were downloaded onto my iPad, now located in the Music App.

The loss of the album art grid or coverflow options is a huge loss of functionality.
Albums in an artist list appear to be in random order, no longer by date. Reset doesn't help.

Songs within the album list may appear in random order at any given moment. Reset doesn't help.

Scrolling through long artists list through every song to find an album is ridiculous.

And most annoying, my meticulous and precise album art is getting switched to unwanted crap from the iTunes Store. This is slowly happening to all my files stored on the iPad. For example, the album art for Ram now shows as a dorky picture of McCartney … U2's Pop cover is now a stupid picture of the band ….. ahhhggg! Stop this.

"Show all Music" setting is off … I don't need every purchase my daughter made on my account since 2008 showing up in my music library. "iTunes Match" is off. Why is the iTunes Store polluting my music library and artwork files I created from ripped CDs?

Worst of all, if I backup my iPad onto my MacPro (Lion) is this unwanted stuff going to hijack my iTunes library too?

What was Apple thinking with Music in iOS7? Me and many others are not just upset and disappointed … we are severely pissed off.