Locked out of my house

Posted by: MrB

Locked out of my house - 09/19/13 10:08 PM

This evening I was running out of my house to head to the diner. Grabbed the stuff I usually do except my keys. I normally don't lock the door from my kitchen into the garage as I use the big car garage door with the opener, but recently my garage door might not open with the opener so I lock the kitchen door them leave the garage door up.

This time when I walked out I forgot my keys. Locked out. My son in law came by then we went by the lock smith who came by and picked the lock. Cool. Took him about ten minutes. $48 best money I spent in a long time.

Dave
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Locked out of my house - 09/19/13 10:39 PM

I'm glad it turned out Relatively OK.
When it happened to my GF the locksmith
charged her $89.00 frown
What royally sucked was that it was the
same locksmith who'd installed new locks
in every outside door in the same new
house only 2 weeks earlier... you'd think
the sob would've thrown her a FreeBee. smirk
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Locked out of my house - 09/20/13 02:50 AM

Last time I was home I'm the US I spent 40 bucks for someone to get into the car I was using only to discover the keys weren't in the car!
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Locked out of my house - 09/20/13 06:48 AM

My little town is a lot like Mayberry.....friendly...up til several years ago if you were locked out of your house or car all you had to do was call the city police and they would come out and unlock what ever it was you needed unlocked....they had so many calls that they had to start charging for the service...$50 bucks and then only within the city limits
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Locked out of my house - 09/20/13 06:54 AM

I remember the days in my small town where the cops would show up and do that for you. Then locks just started to get too sophisticated and they gave up doing it.