Apple ap. "remote" problem

Posted by: MrB

Apple ap. "remote" problem - 09/16/13 04:14 AM

I've been watching a lot of YouTube vedios on Apple TV recently. I use the Remote ap on my ipad .

Just now it has stopped recognizing the finger swiping to control it. It sees the presses to select but I can't use the finger movement to scroll to choices.

Same with it on my iPhone.

Found the physical hand held remote and it still manipulates it but its laborious to key in selections.

I've been using it this morning then in the last half hour it started this.

Any Ideas.

I did reinstall the Ap but that didnt help.

Wonder if its on the Apple TV end?
Dave
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Apple ap. "remote" problem - 09/16/13 06:06 AM

I don't use the app, but if it is happening on both the phone and iPad I would suggest it's something with AppleTV or the app. Unplug the AppleTV to give it a reboot. If that doesn't work it may be a bug in the current version of the app.

Edit - Looking at the recent reviews in the app store it seems that the latest update killed swiping to navigate and scrolling, only finger presses work.

Re: Apple ap. "remote" problem - 09/16/13 09:36 AM

Thanks Jim. Whati find strange is that I had been using it with no problem for days and weeks. In fact, the last four days I've used it hor hours at a time looking at YouTube trying to decide to purchase something. And when it quit id been using it for a couple hours straight then it quit.

Dave

Re: Apple ap. "remote" problem - 09/16/13 09:46 AM

Just unplugged the Apple TV , rebooted. It seems to work now. I should have thought of this. I might have sometime later but I hadn't yet

Thanks Jim, you are the best.

Dave
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Apple ap. "remote" problem - 09/16/13 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Just unplugged the Apple TV , rebooted. It seems to work now. I should have thought of this. I might have sometime later but I hadn't yet

Thanks Jim, you are the best.

Dave

When All Else Fails
REBOOT!