Typhoon

Posted by: lanovami

Typhoon - 09/16/13 03:35 AM

Not much of a weekend because of the wet fireworks outside. Which is why I was here so much this weekend. Sorry. Tokyo managed to avoid the brunt of it, but it was pretty nasty outside most of the last two days.

Typhoon

Re: Typhoon - 09/16/13 03:43 AM

English news says it's typhoon Man-yi. Yeesh. Japan doesn't name typhoons as I may have mentioned. This one is simply Typhoon no. 18. Who would want to have the same name as a typhoon/hurricane that maims and kills and damages lives and property? Wait, don't answer that.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Typhoon - 09/16/13 10:45 AM

We will now be naming all typhoons "lanovami!" laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Typhoon - 09/16/13 10:46 AM

That is, "lanovami 1," "lanovami 2," etc.

grin
Posted by: Nana

Re: Typhoon - 09/16/13 01:04 PM

Hope you & fam stay safe & dry.

Re: Typhoon - 09/16/13 04:14 PM

We rode it out. Weather is beautiful today. Sunny skies all over northern Japan. Lanovami, what a good name for typhoon(s). smile

Re: Typhoon - 09/17/13 05:07 AM

Kyoto, historical Kyoto has large swaths of it underwater. One of the worst typhoons to hit Japan in some years. Japan gets tornadoes regularly now, when they were unheard of 2 years ago. Flooding everywhere, Colorado being one example. Changing weather everywhere. Is this the beginning (or at least a clear beginning) of the extreme weather changes we were warned of?

Re: Typhoon - 09/20/13 07:03 AM

The biggest tropical storm this year so far, which will very likely miss Japan (good because I plan to be traveling a lot over the next few days), is brewing into another typhoon. Though it will avoid Japan most likely, someone (who?) has named the storm Usagi. Usagi means bunny in Japanese - a cute little bunny. Again, giving them numbers is better.